• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storage

Roverich

I know this should be in the humidor section but it is not a humidor question entirely ...I like the Drew Estate stuff (I aint jk) and was wondering when i upgrade to a larger humidor if i should keep my smaller box for storage of the regular smokes ? Or i guess my question is , would the drew stuff contaminate the flavors of the regular smokes ..Cross contamination i guess you can call it ...Thanks in advance for replys ...

Yes, think of it as putting garlic cloves and butter together in the same container, after a sort period of time, the butter is going to pick up the stronger flavors and odors. So my $0.02 is keep a smaller humidor like a 25 count for just your Acid/Drew Estates collection and keep the good stuff far far away in something else. ;)

I concur . . . making an Acid sleep in the same bed with any stick other than an Acid is 'no bueno'.

I hit up a Kuba Kuba every now and again, but only alone, or when the others are smoking the same.
Otherwise, if I am smoking a Tat, or an Opus and someone fires up an Acid, the Acid is all I can smell
and it takes away from my own experience. . .

I hope Deon is reading this, may help explain things.

You guys think the results would be the same (cross contamination) if i were to build a wine cooler humidor and leave the acids in there boxes ?

Yes, think of it as putting garlic cloves and butter together in the same container, after a sort period of time, the butter is going to pick up the stronger flavors and odors. So my $0.02 is keep a smaller humidor like a 25 count for just your Acid/Drew Estates collection and keep the good stuff far far away in something else. ;)

Why does everyone keep referring to the Non-Acid Cigars as the "good stuff"?

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but to imply that because you don't like them they are no longer "good" is crap!

I don't care for them either, and to answer the question, you should really consider keeping any flavored or infused cigars separate from more traditional cigars to help minimize any risk of making your infused cigars taste like plain tobacco.

Tim

The Liga Privada line should quickly dispel any debate about Drew Estate's ability to roll and blend a good cigar.

"Good" isn't the issue....infused cigars should never be stored with non-infused cigars. If you have both, a small cooler for the infused cigars makes very good sense.

B.B.S.

The Liga Privada line should quickly dispel any debate about Drew Estate's ability to roll and blend a good cigar.

"Good" isn't the issue....infused cigars should never be stored with non-infused cigars. If you have both, a small cooler for the infused cigars makes very good sense.

B.B.S.

Maybe its the opposite. He could have more infused cigars and thus they go into the bigger storage and the other cigars go in the smaller storage. :p

I can say this one. If you take a Padron 1926 #2 Maduro and surround it by LFD DL cigars, this will impart onto the Padron. So in reality you should be careful with non-infused cigars as well. :D

Edited to add: I am referring to loose cigars piled together and not in boxes.

Why does everyone keep referring to the Non-Acid Cigars as the "good stuff"?

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but to imply that because you don't like them they are no longer "good" is crap!

I don't care for them either, and to answer the question, you should really consider keeping any flavored or infused cigars separate from more traditional cigars to help minimize any risk of making your infused cigars taste like plain tobacco.

Tim

It's just a joke, all in good fun. If Acid was globally hated, the gigantic selection of them in most walk in humidors would be nonexistent. I don't mean it in a disrespectful way, but on the other hand, many people have come here, because of their fondness for Acids, but after a short while, veer off the path and on to a more natural smokes.

Just a thought, if my $4 Acid "infuses" my $100 cigar, is it now a $104 cigar?

Any proper tobacco shop will ALWAYS seperate their Acids from everything else. It's so they can protect the "good stuff" from cross-cont. and profile everyone that asks for the "Acids."

You guys think the results would be the same (cross contamination) if i were to build a wine cooler humidor and leave the acids in there boxes ?
Yes...it will cross contaminate...period. My advice, and have done this before...make a humi from a tupperware container and keep the acids away from the non-acids.