• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Straight No Chaser - A Capela 12 Days of Christmas

Seen these guys live many times. Truly amazing. Worth every penny.

That's really cool. I might just look them up since I'm in the neighborhood.

Never heard of these guys, but I just spent about 20 minutes watching their YouTube videos. Very entertaining!

I love A Cappella and these guys are great.
Thanks for sharing Rod.

I will have to pick up their Christmas CD.

Enormous Penis has got to be one of the best A Capella songs out there.

These guys really do put on a good show.

Man even a pretty much deaf guy can enjoy that. It was good stuff. :thumbs:

David

Enormous Penis has got to be one of the best A Capella songs out there.

These guys really do put on a good show.
LOL, I can't Google that at work... :laugh: :laugh:

The Persuasions is my favorite A Cappella group.

Dan Ponce founded SNC back in 1996 at Indiana University -- as an off-shoot of IU's Singing Hoosiers. They are unbelievable -- and to this day, there is an IU based Straight No Chaser. I'm lucky enough to see them often since I'm in Bloomington!

And don't forget Ladies First, IU's all women group....

http://www.sncproductions.com/

Dan Ponce founded SNC back in 1996 at Indiana University -- as an off-shoot of IU's Singing Hoosiers. They are unbelievable -- and to this day, there is an IU based Straight No Chaser. I'm lucky enough to see them often since I'm in Bloomington!

And don't forget Ladies First, IU's all women group....

http://www.sncproductions.com/

One of the things I miss most about home is the opportunity to see all the great musicians, shows, and theater productions.

I had two classes with one of the original members.

And to clear up any confusion, the song I mentioned earlier is NOT by SNC, it's by DaVinci's Notebook, a comedy group who does do some mean A Capella.

Don't forget about the Whiffenpoofs... I am not a big fan of a cappella, but, damn, they are good.

I watched SNC's videos a lot last year...so much that I like to think that I'm largely responsible for them getting about 8 million hits. :p

Their album is also available on iTunes—both the standard release and a slightly extended version that includes three bonus tracks. I downloaded it just the other day.

You know, I never knew how good a tool YouTube is to hear music that you wouldn't otherwise find anywhere else because of the lack of popularity. I myself am a "failed college musician". but I still know how to read, write, sing, and play a bit of trombone. I have found myself spending most of my free time in the last few weeks just going from video to video listening to all of the a capella music (I am a HUGE fan of it anyway) because I never knew that I could find it here. Lately, I have been going through a bit of a depression bout because I have no musical outlet for my ADD-clogged brain. Music has been my undying passion since I was about 13 years old, but I could never work up the motivation to really work hard. I am being modest when I say that I have been gifted with a quick musical mind, and the talent to physically perform up to my mind's capacity. The ADD has always kept me at arm's reach from success. I think that this next year, my resolution will be to put aside the time and resources to finish 3 pieces of a cappella music, and to join the Barbershop Harmony Society as well as a BHS quartet.

Wish me luck, I'll need it.