• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Strong Churchills.

elvergun

Which is the strongest Churchill size cigar out there? I smoked a couple of Bolivar Corona Gigantes but I found those to be medium strength at best (I actually thought they were in the mild category). What do you guys recommend that is strong in a bigger size?

elvergun

first a disclaimer:i have not smoked enough churchills to pass any sort of judgement on any of them.

i believe cigars (some anyways) get stronger as they age...if you want to try a really strong churchill it will probably have to be 6 or 7 or 8 years old.try a reasonably aged partagas churchills de luxe or a boli cg and i think you will be pleasantly surprised.

derrek :)

Are you exhaling trough your nose when you smoke? If so then I would say the Upmann Monarch and Cohiba are probably the strongest followed by the RyJ and Boli churchills.

One of the least discussed churchill is the Sancho Panza Corona Gigante. They are a nice medium strength with a nice amount of honeyed sweetness. Price wise they are up there with the Quai D'Orsay and the Sir Winston.

dvickery said:
if you want to try a really strong churchill it will probably have to be 6 or 7 or 8 years old.
[snapback]266915[/snapback]​

I wish I could try a 7 year old cigar. :0

The oldest I can find from most sources are from 03. I guess I need to find a cigar that smokes great young.

The SP's also pick up a lot of strength as they age. I would describe a 5+ year old as being pretty strong.

half full monty said:
No one has mentioned the El Morro. Is that not considered a Churchhill?
[snapback]267967[/snapback]​

It sure is - and an excellent cigar!
but not one I would label as STRONG as the original posting was looking for.

Back