• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Strongest cigar you've ever smoked!

The strogest stick for me to date was a Outlaw Blend LFD 07 I believe. I smoked this stick in the morning before work on a empty stomach. It didn't hit me until about 10 minute after I finished the stick. Broke out in a cold sweat and head was spinning and stomach was in knots. Funny thing about that is years ago I used to chase that feeling.

Brian

The strongest I can remember having was a BBMF. Of course my memory sucks, but I think that was it.

Tied for me is the CAO LeExtreme and the newly released "copper" label Torano Exodus 59 50th anniversary. Jeepers.

John

The only cigar that ever made me nicotine sick to my stomach was REO by Rocky Patel. Dont know what happened...I was just ready to hurl after I smoked it. Smoked Serie V's, LFD DL Maduros, Opus X, etc. and never had the same experience since.

I smoked LFD Chisel Gorda last night. It was unbelievable! Great aroma smell, a lot of taste, not harsh, top 5 smoke for me so far.. Loved it.

Smoked Anejo as well.. It was strong but not as flavorfull as LFD, Olivia V, or Casa Magna Colorado, or not even RP 1990, in my opinion.
Those LFD Double Ligeros are absolutely incredible, arent they? They are one of the tastiest cigars Ive ever had, but my God will they ever knock you on your ass! I had an LG Diez Chisel Puro on my 20th birthday and I was just about ready to take a nap. Litto Gomez creates some real masterpieces, but with the amount of ligero he puts in his cigars they are certainly not for the faint of heart!

I had a tasty Illusione CG:4 at a herf once that made me feel really woozy and drunk.

I think the worst offender was the Padron 1926 I smoked when I was still relatively new to cigars. That cigar was so damn good I just had to nub it until my fingers were burning...splitting headache and all. Boy, did I ever pay for that one. Lets just say that I slept good that night!

For me it was a Joya de Nicaragua Antano...smoked that a few weeks into my cigar journey. It really took me for a loop. Another was the OR My Father Natural...don't know what happened with that one, but I almost puked.

An Opus A. In fact, that was my very first Opus. I didn't puke but I probably would have felt better if I did. It was really fresh. I thought to myself, 'Is this why people chase these?'

One of the strongest smokes I have had was the Opus Pussy cat. Not a easy stick to come by. I had one from one of the karate samplers and I saw it sitting in the Vino. I was on my way to my girlfriends how and wanted a short little smoke for the ride. Don't let the name fool you, I had to pull over and grab an ice pop at quick check, I walked in to the place and I was sweating my ass off and felt like my eyes were rolling back in my head....It was AWESOME!!!

Some of the most potent cigars I've smoke come from the CFCF boxs aka Opus. I smoked the Love Affair from the 2009 box in the garage the other day and there should be a warning label for it and enclosed spaces. I will need to consult some of my reviews I've wrote down that hasn't been post and I will have an idea which ones pack a punch.

I tend to gravitate towards the medium-full side of cigars.

Cuban Bolivar (one of the Tubos I think) is one of the few that made my head spin. I haven't had one in over 5 years so I don't know if it still would or not today.

Don Pepin Blacks to me are just raw, unrefined power. A lot of people like them, but not me. I finally smoked my last one and I'm glad they're gone.

JDN Antano is what I usually go to when I'm in the mood for something strong yet refined and balanced. The Gran Consul is my usually size with the Consuls a close second. With the Antano's it seems as you go down in ring gauge and size the cigar gets more powerful. Must have something to do with the proportion of wrapper to binder/filler.

LFD Cheroot without a doubt. Tasty, but the aftershocks were not pleasant in any way. That's the closest I've come to [font="Verdana][size="2"]cigar induced peristaltic pyrotechnics.[/size][/font]

If your asking which cigar mule kicked me, It would probably be an Opus X smoked when my body had lower resistance.

I don't really know how we could go about determining the actual strengths (nicotine content) of the known power houses.
I'm pretty sure it can be done because I remember reading a anti-tobacco paper in which somebody grabbed a bunch of cigars from a B&M, tested them, and then built a table listing Nicotine content, sizes of the sticks, etc. I believe there was also an attempt to determine how much of a pack of cigarettes each cigar represented.

Would definitely have to be the Don Carlos Lancero (I still owe ya 20bucks Pete fro picking up that pack for me in Vegas, I never forget a debt) that I had at a HERF at Club Mac with a bunch of the NY Crew........was really huffing that bad boy when WHAM....ran to the bathroom and HURLED.......uggghhh...great cigar though. Still have the remaining sticks resting, a year later and I admit still a bit scared...lol

My first Opus X Christmas Day '07, I had to take a shower and lie down or I wouldn't have been able to fix dinner for everyone.
laugh.gif

Then a Don Carlos Lancero at Casa Fuente on an empty stomach in Nov. '08. After that cigar, I didn't even give a rats ass how good the hostess looked but I do know their were 4 of her when I peeked!
Recently, 2 little Litto Gomez orientals found their way into the ashtray with a lot of meat still left on them. I would have tried to finish them, but like my man Clint Eastwood would say, "A man's GOT to know their limitations".

One of the old label release Ashton VSG. First and so far only cigar to make me green.

Opus Scorpio from the JTCF box. Porcelain Gods appeased.

There's still one in the box :0

I believe the first Opus I ever smoked (No. 5) was close to the strongest, however I would have to say the LFD Cheroot was number one.

LFD Cheroot without a doubt. Tasty, but the aftershocks were not pleasant in any way. That's the closest I've come to [font="Verdana][size="2"]cigar induced peristaltic pyrotechnics.[/size][/font]

The cheroot kicked my ass but not in a bad way. Prolly the strongest I've ever smoked. Wish I had some left.

Diamond Crown Maximus Double Belicoso

It was great cigar, I smoked on the top of a mountain to celebrate restoring my bike.