• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suckling Busted...

Special K

Thought this was interesting

Linky

Seems like they let you go with some smokes in your bag sometimes. There's also an interesting discussion going on at the CA boards, some good threads there now and then.

Thought this was interesting

Linky

Seems like they let you go with some smokes in your bag sometimes. There's also an interesting discussion going on at the CA boards, some good threads there now and then.

ouch, I wonder how much money he lost on that confiscation. :(

[/quote]
ouch, I wonder how much money he lost on that confiscation. :(
[/quote]

Don't worry about this guy, he's covered. Just read his reviews in the latest CA. When it comes to cigar literature, Suckling is the man. This blog entry further shows that. He's not pissed; it happened, he's over it and moves on without blaming anyone or pissing about America. Suckling is one of our own.

I find it surprising that he was surprised at the outcome.

Had he been traveling through, that may have been one thing, but jeez.....he should have known better.

Regards - B.B.S.

What's amusing is someone commented something to the effect of, "if they spent as much time and effort on the war on drugs...". Yeah, that's a good one dumbass. How much effort was really put forth? They asked the guy some routine questions, a whole handful of red flags went up, and they took his cigars.

I can understand the frustration with confiscations, but to make a generalization that "the man" is out to get cigar smokers at the cost of ignoring drug smugglers is just ignorant.

I find it surprising that he was surprised at the outcome.

Had he been traveling through, that may have been one thing, but jeez.....he should have known better.

Regards - B.B.S.

I think he explained pretty well that he did know better. He'd done it so many times before and no-one ever said anything, so he went ahead. Business as usual. As he started the blog: "But it did suck." He's simply reporting a customs incident.

And here I am defending Suckling... :blush: Well, the guy has turned me on to a couple of very good cigars and his blogs are sometimes funny as hell. Whatev.

Anyone see this:

Cuaba Piramides
6 1/8 by 52 ring
This is the same size as the popular Montecristo No. 2. It is super refined and long with light coffee and nutty character. Full flavored with a long finish. Gorgeous and fresh. All is in balance. Perfect draw.
93 points (non blind)

Montecristo Sublimes
6 1/2 by 54 ring
The strongest of the three, it shows lots of espresso bean, roasted meat and earth under the tobacco. Full and rich. Long and flavorful. Full throttle.
92 points (non blind)

Partagas Serie D No. 5
4 1/3 by 50 ring
This is essentially a Serie D No. 4 but short. However, it has a different flavor profile and is more spicy. The cigar comes across a little herbal at first but turns to dried flowers. Full and balanced with a spicy finish. I smoked three yesterday. The more I smoke them, the more I like them.

Anyone see this:

Cuaba Piramides
6 1/8 by 52 ring
This is the same size as the popular Montecristo No. 2. It is super refined and long with light coffee and nutty character. Full flavored with a long finish. Gorgeous and fresh. All is in balance. Perfect draw.
93 points (non blind)

Montecristo Sublimes
6 1/2 by 54 ring
The strongest of the three, it shows lots of espresso bean, roasted meat and earth under the tobacco. Full and rich. Long and flavorful. Full throttle.
92 points (non blind)

Partagas Serie D No. 5
4 1/3 by 50 ring
This is essentially a Serie D No. 4 but short. However, it has a different flavor profile and is more spicy. The cigar comes across a little herbal at first but turns to dried flowers. Full and balanced with a spicy finish. I smoked three yesterday. The more I smoke them, the more I like them.

old news!

:laugh:

lol I think it is funny, because I just really don't like that guy. Honestly why should he be treated any different when he travels to Cuba then the U.S.A? Perhaps I have a slanted view but the 2 times I met him, he was so arrogant that I had to walk away.

Because he could be smoking something with age on it. With his money, I would never smoke anything with less than 3 years on it.

Because he could be smoking something with age on it. With his money, I would never smoke anything with less than 3 years on it.

He's smoking new releases. He also smoked a 91, 97 and a 2007 Cohiba Lancero during his visit.

If I were able to be in Cuba, I'd be smoking anything I could get my hands on from the factories.

I'm just saying if it was me. I'm not a big fan of any fresh CCs, but that's me. I haven't smoked a ton of fresh ones, but I didn't like the ones I did. I let em sit now, or just get em with age if I have to.

Another bad day in the States---man sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation. crap, they could have held them till you came bacK thru--but then they are not cigar baby sitters--crap Again--Sorry for not being able to surprise your buds!