• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sun Grown Smokes

As many other BOTLs, I REALLY love the Ashton VSG... A. Fuente SGs, Fuerte and RP also make Sun Grown smokes, as I'm sure many others do. Does anyone have any experience with these and other's?

If the Ad copy says Sun grown, I buy it and usually enjoy it. I don't care for maduros. Sun grown wrappers in my opinion give you a cleaner and tastier tobacco flavor. Where as maduros seem to muddy things up.

Doc.

I'm not a big fan of VSG's, finding them to be rather bland. However, I do enjoy Fuente and RP SG's very much. Also Cuesta Ray make a mighty tasty SG, IMO.

Nick

I'll second Fuente sungrown cigars...pretty much anything they put out with a sungrown wrapper I'll smoke. Haven't tried the King B yet though.

I'm not a big fan of VSG's, finding them to be rather bland. However, I do enjoy Fuente and RP SG's very much. Also Cuesta Ray make a mighty tasty SG, IMO.

Nick

:0 :0 :0

Just kidding. I happen to love VSG's when I get a hold of them, but to each his own. I also love the RP SG's and the AF Cuban Beli SG's. I think I am starting to notice a trend in my tastes! :love:

RP Sungrowns are my favorite go to stick, shame they are getting harder and harder to find.

If the Ad copy says Sun grown, I buy it and usually enjoy it. I don't care for maduros. Sun grown wrappers in my opinion give you a cleaner and tastier tobacco flavor. Where as maduros seem to muddy things up.

Doc.

Would you say that about a, say, Padron 1926 maduro?

And I'll second the VSG craze.

Not a big fan of VSG's myself, but I'll go for a AF Cuban Beli Sungrown any day!!

Doc.

Would you say that about a, say, Padron 1926 maduro?

And I'll second the VSG craze.
Yes, I prefer the natural, which is a sun grown. But I would't turn one down if given to me.

Doc.

Not a big fan of VSG's myself, but I'll go for a AF Cuban Beli Sungrown any day!!
After trying just about every SG currently available, I also think the AF Cuban Beli is the best. Royale Salute close second, though. (858s are very hard to get)
The Cuests Rey Centro Fino #9 is almost in a class by itself. It is nothing like the other SGs and I like them better than the Aston VSG which I find too mild. IMHO :cool:

I love the rockey patel sungrowns
Cielo ESG are great sungrowns,found at corona.....a must try,very very sweet!!!
AF sungrowns are ok with some time on them,I like the bigger ring gauges better.
VSG's are awsome,I like em better then Opus,not that Opus is sungrown.

There are quite a few others I love,I just cannot think of them at the moment.
Oliva O bold is very similar to RP Sungrowns in taste,stregnth,and body but I am not sure if its sungrown offhand.Apparantly these will not be made if not already very soon so hurry on grabbing a box.

Odd no one mentioned the Padron 000 natural series. There're sun growns too.

Doc.

I wish there are more SG to be found at lower prices... :blush:

Occidental Havana Sun-Grown
JR Ult Cab
Padron 2000
National Brand Sun-Grown
Chateau Fuente

All can be had for around $3/per or less.