• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Super Bowl Announcers

FlyFish

I've had the sound off since the beginning of the second quarter. I think they must pay Phil Simms by the word. And if so, he's making a shitload of money tonight.

Even my wife, who watches very little football was yelling SHUT UP at the TV. The second half will be watched in silence....if at all.

I've had the sound off since the beginning of the second quarter. I think they must pay Phil Simms by the word. And if so, he's making a shitload of money tonight.

Even my wife, who watches very little football was yelling SHUT UP at the TV. The secind half will be watched in silence....if at all.

:rolleyes:

I thought it was odd that Phil Simms would get the job with all the other talent out there, but that's what happens when CBS gets the lowest bid!

I didn't mind Phil and Jim much at all. They aren't as good as Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, but I don't mind them.

Yeah I thought the same thing. I could hardly enjoy the game it was so bad. My favorite quote was on one of the turnovers. He said something like "It is raining so hard, there might be a little moisture out there." Thank you Capt. Obvious....

Brandon

There isn't an announce team I can handle for very long anymore...Buck and Aikman I can handle most of the time, but the rest I just can't stomach for long.

The thing that I really don't like about Jim Nantz is his ability to bring up Tiger Woods in every single broadcast he does. It's a talent that Mike Tirico on ESPN shares with him. If you're going to speak incessantly, at least keep the conversation to football during the football broadcast!

Agree 100% that Phil Simms is a POS announcer. He seems to always get the Broncos games and we make it a habit to mute the TV and turn up the radio when he is on.

Now if they would just team him and Madden up, talk about a couple of blowhards talking jibberish for a few hours. Oh, they could make Bryant Gumble the sideline reporter!

As long as I don't have to listen to Madden I am happy.

AMEN!
I couldn't agree with the two of you more. I cannot stand Madden, he sounds as if he is more and more intoxicated as the game goes on. I can just see him in the booth around the end of the third quater looking depressingly into the empty gallon of a bottle of coconut rum. Then to add injury to insult he starts marking all over my screen with the da*n yellow highlighter saying, "Ifsh youse watccchh thisss guy, heeesss gonna just take the ball and throw it to the running back and and and and if he jussst holddss the ball heeess gonna score cuz theress nobody infront ovvv himmm!!" AGGGHHHH I am watching you idiot shut your pie hole and get that crap off my screen so I can enjoy the game.

Gwheato

As long as I don't have to listen to Madden I am happy.

Madden would have been like " you see when the team runs the ball into the endzone that's six points " I stopped playing his game line because of his stupid comments

Back