• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

super bowl contest random draw 2014

BigJake6904 said:
I'm in for 2 maybe......
Jake, If you didn't like what you got you should have brought it to our attention immediately. I think most people send well over what they're supposed to send and if you want it posted for view prior you can count me out! In the same line of thought; why are we sending sticks to be held? This is a site of honor and integrity. You put your name in the hat and if you loose the host tells you where to send your sticks. If you don't live up to your commitment, you're a scumbag and should be banned. JMHO.....

The issue was that Maybe some of the MSRP's came out to $8 but there was a hell of a lot of cigar bid sticks that are had at 1/2 to 1/3 of the cost...one cigar I got 4 of the same vitola in the same 5 finger bag...I went back and forth on whether to bring it up....even asked a HERF group about it this past April and we decided it was best to just offer positive feedback for this years pool.
Jake, you don't come off as a shy person so I say; you should have said something imediatly! Photos of all winnings could have easily identified the offenders, if any. A year later it's impossible and IMHO you're just throughing mud on all of us. I looked at last years participants and only see two new names so when you say "a hell of a lot of cigar bid sticks" you're talking about a bunch of well respected guys that regularly partisipate in this sort of contest. I personally haven't been on the devil site for 3 or 4 years but have a couple of friends that love it. As an example I'll say "just because I got a tat regios for $6 when the mfg was $8.5 doesn't mean I can't use it". The buy/trade forum is commonly understood that you sell for what you bought it for but the passes and contest I've been involved in are all based on mfg price not what you paid.

Anyway my photographed sticks are on their way to Chester and when all is said and done if the winners have a bad opinion of what was sent they should not be shy and address it at once.

My address is in my profile for anyone needing it.
Also I have never been on the Devil site so I have no idea what is sold there and for how much.

Here is what I'm sending... the will be going out tomorrow, unless there are any valid complaints.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11990]

sterlingnotes said:
Here is what I'm sending... the will be going out tomorrow, unless there are any valid complaints.

I thought it was only all CC's  :p

sterlingnotes said:
Can you list the names and sizes I am not sure if top too are good please wait to send to I can research and Jake can comment since he had issues.

drunkfish3 said:

Can you list the names and sizes I am not sure if top too are good please wait to send to I can research and Jake can comment since he had issues.

The top one is a Perdomo Double Aged 12 yr Vintage Gordo Extra Connecticut  6.5 x 60.   Everywhere I've seen it online it's backordered... My math shows its value around $11.50/stick
The middle one is a Montecristo Espada Guard 6 X 50.  My math shows their value about $10.57/stick
The Liga Privada No. 9 is a 6 X52... I'm not sure it this is a Belicoso or a Toro though... is the Belicoso more pointed than this one?  I guess that one's value isn't being questioned anyway...

I'm at work and can't go to a lot of cigar sites from here, but those values should be pretty accurate.
I know I paid more than that though as I bought singles at a local B&M.

thinde said:

Jake, you don't come off as a shy person so I say; you should have said something imediatly! Photos of all winnings could have easily identified the offenders, if any. A year later it's impossible and IMHO you're just throughing mud on all of us. I looked at last years participants and only see two new names so when you say "a hell of a lot of cigar bid sticks" you're talking about a bunch of well respected guys that regularly partisipate in this sort of contest. I personally haven't been on the devil site for 3 or 4 years but have a couple of friends that love it. As an example I'll say "just because I got a tat regios for $6 when the mfg was $8.5 doesn't mean I can't use it". The buy/trade forum is commonly understood that you sell for what you bought it for but the passes and contest I've been involved in are all based on mfg price not what you paid.

Anyway my photographed sticks are on their way to Chester and when all is said and done if the winners have a bad opinion of what was sent they should not be shy and address it at once.

Pretty sure I know how the B/S/T and passes work...but thanks for the reminder.

This is exactly why I kept my mouth shut last year...puffy chested hot talk without solving the issue. I merely made a suggestion about helping to keep everyone above reproach this year and moving forward...throwing mud? Hardly. Stating that part of what I won (which was luckily, a lot of sticks....couple boxes worth) did not meet the requirements...fact. If a master list wasn't made and winnings were just shipped in to the banker and shipped out...there was no freaking way to prove who sent what in 6 months before. If there was, we would've already seen it. Hell, I didn't remember what I sent in after a whole football season had passed....That would've caused a finger pointing shit storm where nobody would've claimed responsibility for sending in stuff that was sub-par for the buy-in requirement. I avoided that and found it was better to offer constructive advice moving forward instead of pointing fingers and passing blame. Now that being said, I wouldn't be complaining about a tat regios...but liquor store type RyJ's...well, that's the shit I'm talking about.

These will be headed your way tomorrow barring any protests...
2 crowned heads Calaveras
1 Tatuaje avian

Pics in my gallery, not sure how to post them off the IPad....

jsm11 said:
These will be headed your way tomorrow barring any protests...
2 crowned heads Calaveras
1 Tatuaje avian

gallery_19894_1902_1405273.jpg

Fixed it for you.

I'm in for my usual two slots. Sorry for the late reply. I'm not on CP nearly as much as I used to be. Damn Facebook private groups.

I'll be doing the same thing I've done the past few years, which is to send boutique cigars that a lot of you have maybe never had the opportunity to try. That's kind of why CP was started way back in the day. My B&M specializes in these small companies, rather than the traditional big boys.

drunkfish3 said:
three left lets get this full

I'll grab two slots.

I'll try to get the sticks in the mail tomorrow.