• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Surly

rbbrock

Surly Furious. :thumbs: 16 oz. can. It's good. Really good. I don't have a camera, so I can't post pictures, but it's a nice dark amber pour with a very large head that takes several minutes to lower. Aroma is all hops - pine, citrus, floral, and finally some malt sweetness after you've become accustomed to the hops. The taste is about the same. A nice bitter zing up front, some sweet, bready malt in the middle, and a dry, hoppy finish. Low to medium carbonation with a nice thick mouthfeel. Maybe I'm just buying into the hype I've seen on the beer sites, but this stuff is really good.

Have any of you Twin Cities Brothers tried this?

P.S. I have a four pack of Bender as well, which will be sampled tomorrow night.

I've had that and the Bender. The furious wasn't for me, but was still a very nicely made beer. I loved the Bender though. Now if I could only get ahold of some Darkness...

Nice review! :thumbs:

A friend hooked me up with the Furious and Cynic last fall. Good stuff.

OK, so I finally got around to trying some of the Bender the other day. Wow, that was good! It was like a cross between a smooth brown ale and a roasty, slightly hoppy porter. What a unique and very tasty brew. I may have to get some more of each of these...