• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tabacalera Perdomo Inventory Blowout!

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Moki has it right, as did Sam.

Sean, go smoke your Cubans. Nobody gives a rip over here.
[snapback]240217[/snapback]​

Oh, permission to smoke a cigar. THANK YOU.

horse.gif

Funny how the stooges from Stogie Chat are coming over here in masses, protecting gouger etailers.....

Pretty much lumps you in the same pile...

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Funny how the stooges from Stogie Chat are coming over here in masses, protecting gouger etailers.....

[snapback]240228[/snapback]​

Another example of the stunning clarity of cogent discourse.

Did you guys go to Harvard or Yale on Debate Club scholarships?

I'm really going to have to do something fast to keep up with y'all. I think I'll start by reading "Debating Four Dummies".

You say we are "protecting gouger etailers". Not at all. We are protecting the economic model used in good old USA. New sports car comes out that everybody wants ..... sells over MSRP. Supply and demand. You can ... GASP .... decide not to buy .... or you can decide to wait until prices come down ... or you can pay the money. I guess the fourth option is to whine about the price online. Everything sells for MSRP in communist economies (except for their black markets). I guess thats what people here want to see: "Not that there's anything wrong with that".

SeanGar, how is Rod not doing his job as an admin. No one has been insulting, and the only person I really see causing the "flame war" or even just keeping this thread going is YOU.

No one cares what you think on this subject. That simple. ;)

SeanGAR said:
Leebo8-9-8 said:

No, but I did take classes at Yale while in high school... does that count?

You say we are "protecting gouger etailers". Not at all. We are protecting the economic model used in good old USA. New sports car comes out that everybody wants ..... sells over MSRP. Supply and demand. You can ... GASP .... decide not to buy .... or you can decide to wait until prices come down ... or you can pay the money. I guess the fourth option is to whine about the price online. Everything sells for MSRP in communist economies (except for their black markets). I guess thats what people here want to see: "Not that there's anything wrong with that".
[snapback]240248[/snapback]​

Look skippy, the schmuck you're so riled up protecting lied in this very thread. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until the bald-faced lie he made became apparent. Contrary to popular belief, the economic model used in the "good old USA" isn't strict capitalism, there is regulation, and there are consumer watchdog groups.

You say "If you don't like the prices, don't buy from him" -- I say that if you don't like the posts calling this guy to the carpet for gouging, then don't read 'em. Same idea, right? Except that in our case, we're saving someone from bending over and taking it up the ass so TWCigars can eek out an extra gouging profit on the cigars they are selling.

People will sometimes pay ridiculous prices for things because they don't know any better; scumbag retailers take advantage of this. We're trying to make them aware that they don't need to patronize a vendor who will smile while screwing every last dime from their customers.

Don't let your personal quarrels turn you into an asshat who is protecting someone that does not deserve your aid.

SeanGAR said:
Leebo8-9-8 said:

I'm really going to have to do something fast to keep up with y'all. I think I'll start by reading "Debating Four Dummies".
[snapback]240248[/snapback]​

you beat me to it - I was gonna say something about "in masses" myself... I am honored that two of us could impart such a presence as to be recognized as a 'mass!' Is it the herf of our logic that afford us status as a mass of the paucity of your logic?

Also, I belive Sean's challenge still stands:

Online Retailer(transaction fully executed online - no call on the phone or e-mailing to see if they have inventory)
Opus regularly in stock
Sold at MSRP

I know a few online retailers who purport to sell at MSRP(or at least close enough to it).

If we wanna start another thread about the market failure(economic term - not business term) that is Opus-X MSRP, we can do that. Fuente uses FFOX as a loss leader to promote their more plebian line of cigars, they also resrict distribution in such a manner as to support this marketing agenda - a repeated game business strategy.

Now if someone wants to send that Online source to a neutral 3rd party for verification they regularly have Opus in stock for purchase online at - maybe we can ask Da Klugs to volunteer? I will readily acknowledge that you guys were right and I was wrong on this point. If you guys can't do that, then...

This thread trashing CP and generalizing it's members is another. Clearly, you guys don't like the fact that we as a community do not tolerate gougers. let them hang on the other forum. Don't drag it over here.

Link

Seangars is so smaaaat. Not like everybody says, dumb. He's smaaaat.

Maybe I missed the whining... looked like a "heads up" to me.

Wait! I found it.

Seangars wrote:
I decided not to contribute to this board after joining it because of the personal attacks and insults that were rife in certain threads. The same thing is clear below, no matter what Rod appears to believe is appropriate behaviour."

LMAO. The only thing missing is the... "Whaaaaaahh".

You pedantic, pretentious bastids make me howl. A vocabulary doesn't make you smart pal. If you think this is about supply and demand and not the bottom line of a particular cigar shop then the turnip truck driver must have been dozing when you fell off.

seangars, I'd like to encourage you to not contribute in the future as well. Your not posting here is certainly a benefit to everybody involved.

NA

But he's been smokin' q-bans since '81 Neal..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nooner said:
If we wanna start another thread about the market failure(economic term - not business term) that is Opus-X MSRP, we can do that. Fuente uses FFOX as a loss leader to promote their more plebian line of cigars, they also resrict distribution in such a manner as to support this marketing agenda - a repeated game business strategy.

I'm really curious about this. How exactly do you know that Fuente restricts distribution? What is your source of this information?

Do you even know what a loss leader is? I'm guessing no... unless you really think that Fuente sells Opus X cigars to retailers at substantial discounts?

Nooner, I'll save you the time. You're pulling this out of your ass... I know this, because I know Arturo Fuente Y Cia Tobacalera, what they do, how they do it, and why.

Sam, are you pissed yet?

SamClemmons said:
Seangars is so smaaaat. Not like everybody says, dumb. He's smaaaat.

Maybe I missed the whining... looked like a "heads up" to me.

Wait! I found it.

I found one too!

Whining

"It's simple, TWCigars rips off those who can't help it. Most of the people here (including me) have bought opus for 30 dollars and now kick themselves for it, because they were shown great places to shop and great friends to help them."
KB

So this is why KB has been following TW around? He paid too much at the beginning of his cigar smoking career(all 12 months of it) and now feels he is the great protector of the newbs? I laud his intent, but think his execution was off.

Seangars wrote:
I decided not to contribute to this board after joining it because of the personal attacks and insults that were rife in certain threads. The same thing is clear below, no matter what Rod appears to believe is appropriate behaviour."

LMAO. The only thing missing is the... "Whaaaaaahh".

Should I start bumping threads?

You pedantic, pretentious bastids make me howl. A vocabulary doesn't make you smart pal. If you think this is about supply and demand and not the bottom line of a particular cigar shop then the turnip truck driver must have been dozing when you fell off.

Why shouldn't it be about the bottom line of a shop? We want as many cigar shops as possible to stay in business, or would you rather the market be dominated by a few Walmarts of the cigar world like Thompson's or JR's? Selling an often mediocre product at bargain basement prices with no service to speak of?

seangars, I'd like to encourage you to not contribute in the future as well. Your not posting here is certainly a benefit to everybody involved.

NA

Really impressive display! You pissed yet? I think Sean's point is that there was no benefit offered by the "don't feed the gouger" post that started this whole mess.

Lee said:
This thread trashing CP and generalizing it's members is another. Clearly, you guys don't like the fact that we as a community do not tolerate gougers. let them hang on the other forum. Don't drag it over here.

Link
[snapback]240267[/snapback]​
Unbelievable. nooner says he would never malign another cigar board and then proceeds to malign another cigar board. Brilliant!
And then bragging how he "posted again (giggle, giggle... snort)" on this thread.
OMG. hee hee hee, I did it again... didja see... hee hee hee, I posted again.... giggle giggle... go look... really, I really gave it to 'em... tee hee, snort... go look... ya gotta see this... hee hee hee.

Nope, not pissed at all. It's all a huge joke. Ah'm laughin' heah. I love watching grown men but on pancake makeup and round noses although it is kinda creepy.

NA

moki said:
Nooner said:

I'm really curious about this. How exactly do you know that Fuente restricts distribution? What is your source of this information?

Do you even know what a loss leader is? I'm guessing no... unless you really think that Fuente sells Opus X cigars to retailers at substantial discounts?

Nooner, I'll save you the time. You're pulling this out of your ass... I know this, because I know Arturo Fuente Y Cia Tobacalera, what they do, how they do it, and why.
[snapback]240278[/snapback]​

Moki, I'll send you a PM - you can post it to this thread if you'd like.

Thanks,
Pat

Nooner said:
Online Retailer(transaction fully executed online - no call on the phone or e-mailing to see if they have inventory)
Opus regularly in stock
Sold at MSRP
[snapback]240266[/snapback]​

What part of "Fuente discourages their vendors from advertising Opus X cigar sales online" did you not understand? Let me break it down for you nice and easy.

TWCigars lied about the reason for charging what they do for the cigars they sell. Who are they looking out for again?

Every Opus X cigar that TWCigars sells online for double the price is an Opus X cigar that they cannot sell to their loyal customers who patronize their brick and mortar store. Who are they looking out for again?

Opus X cigars are produced in limited quantities; the distribution is not restricted, the production is, for quality control reasons, and because their farm (yes, I've been there) where Opus X tobacco is grown just isn't that large. Brick and mortar vendors typically sell out of Opus X cigars rather quickly, so they do not need to (and are discouraged from) selling them online.

The idea that it's okay for a vendor to lie about their motivations for pricing as they do is unique. The idea that a vendor will eschew sales to their loyal customers to turn a few extra bucks selling the cigars online is just pathetic.

If you're expecting to find a vendor that will sell Opus X cigars online all day and all night at MSRP, then yes, you're right, you will not find that. The reasons you will not find that have been outlined above. They don't get enough to sell online all day and all night; they sell them to their loyal customers who snatch them up, at MSRP, which leaves them a very comfortable margin of profit.

Only scumbags like this TWCigars fellow sees the demand for this product as an "opportunity" to screw their loyal customers and squeeze more profit out of the cigars by tossing them up for sale online at double the price.

moki said:
Nooner said:
Opus regularly in stock
Sold at MSRP
[snapback]240266[/snapback]​

What part of "Fuente discourages their vendors from advertising Opus X cigar sales online" did you not understand? Let me break it down for you nice and easy.

TWCigars lied about the reason for charging what they do for the cigars they sell. Who are they looking out for again?

Every Opus X cigar that TWCigars sells online for double the price is an Opus X cigar that they cannot sell to their loyal customers who patronize their brick and mortar store. Who are they looking out for again?

Opus X cigars are produced in limited quantities; the distribution is not restricted, the production is, for quality control reasons, and because their farm (yes, I've been there) where Opus X tobacco is grown just isn't that large. Brick and mortar vendors typically sell out of Opus X cigars rather quickly, so they do not need to (and are discouraged from) selling them online.

The idea that it's okay for a vendor to lie about their motivations for pricing as they do is unique. The idea that a vendor will eschew sales to their loyal customers to turn a few extra bucks selling the cigars online is just pathetic.

If you're expecting to find a vendor that will sell Opus X cigars online all day and all night at MSRP, then yes, you're right, you will not find that. The reasons you will not find that have been outlined above. They don't get enough to sell online all day and all night; they sell them to their loyal customers who snatch them up, at MSRP, which leaves them a very comfortable margin of profit.

Only scumbags like this TWCigars fellow sees the demand for this product as an "opportunity" to screw their loyal customers and squeeze more profit out of the cigars by tossing them up for sale online at double the price.
[snapback]240287[/snapback]​
God, I wish I'd said that. Good luck trying to get through to these guys Moki. Work calls.

NA

Moki,

TW is not an authorized retailer per the cigarfamily.com website. So they do not get their Opus direct from Fuente, unless you know something I do not.

Now I do know a couple Authorized Fuente dealers that do sell above MSRP(not just tax) - is this a more acceptable than TW's practice?

Also, I certainly don't know what their prices in their store are for cigars, or what inventory they sell in their store - but I've heard that they treat their B&M customers quite well.

Regards,
Pat

Nooner said:
Moki,

TW is not an authorized retailer per the cigarfamily.com website. So they do not get their Opus direct from Fuente, unless you know something I do not.

Now I do know a couple Authorized Fuente dealers that do sell above MSRP(not just tax) - is this a more acceptable than TW's practice?

Also, I certainly don't know what their prices in their store are for cigars, or what inventory they sell in their store - but I've heard that they treat their B&M customers quite well.

Regards,
Pat
[snapback]240297[/snapback]​

That list on CigarFamily hasn't been updated in a very long time... but in any event, the statements that TWCigars has made seem quite contrary. First they claimed that they were not an authorized Fuente dealer; if that's the case, then I have no quarrel with them.

However TWCigars also said this:

SeanGAR, you are SOOOO correct it makes me blush.. Supply and demand... Unfortunately demand overruns supply and if we did sell for MSRP or even 10% above, the cigars wouldn't last 5 minutes in our store and no one on the Internet would ever know we even had any in...

Which to my mind means they could sell at MSRP if they wanted to....no?

I'm betting Neal isn't wearing pants today.

Anyone wanna take me up on that bet?