• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tabacalera Perdomo Inventory Blowout!

IgwanaRob said:
From what I've read, Funte does not want them sold online and does not give OpusX accounts to online retailers so you won't be seeing them online at MSRP.
[snapback]239705[/snapback]​

Correct.

If I want to buy them online I can either buy them over MSRP or not get them at all. Its called supply and demand. If TW were able to sell them at MSRP, or close to it, they would be sold out in 15 minutes. So how would that help me get an Opus X if I wanted to buy one for a gift tomorrow ?

I don't know if you guys remember, but some people took it upon themselves to shadow-post anything relating to commercialization when the net started growing. It started off non-commercialized, you see, and a lot of the early geeks were decidedly opposed to any commercial use online. Nobody was supposed to be making money on the net. This kind of shadow-posting regarding an obvious supply and demand issue reminds me a lot of that.

Fuente does not want authorized Opus X dealers advertising Opus X online, nevertheless, Opus X are obtainable online at/near MSRP. :thumbs:

Even I have chosen more "gifted" opponents Sean, but carry on, Im sure it will be fun to watch. :D

MilesMingusMonk said:
Fuente does not want authorized Opus X dealers advertising Opus X online, nevertheless, Opus X are obtainable online at/near MSRP. :thumbs:
[snapback]239713[/snapback]​

I guess I lost my secret decoder ring. Not to worry, I'm not a fan of Opus X at MSRP anyhow, let alone $30 plus a stick. Now Anejos are a different story.....

My first post here, but I've done a lot of lurking, you guys have had some good info and amusing banter, but when I saw this thread, and the post below in particular, I felt the desire to crawl out from under my rock:

Ironworker said:
You wanna buy from your cigars from TWcigars? You go right ahead. It just shows your knowledge and intelligence level about cigars that much more.

I can see this thread becoming your coffin nail. I suggest you back to the gorilla site and hide there.

For the record. While Clubstogie probably has some good members it also has a bunch of cigar BB rejects so their opinion doesn't hold water here.

Now what?

Rich
[snapback]239689[/snapback]​

Fellas, you oughta police your own here, that kinda cross-board bashing just isn't cool for the community. I don't agree with the way some of the members here have treated TW(I even ordered some stuff from them for the first time to show my support), but bashing an individual, and a group of individuals? That just ain't cool.

Kayakinboy shadow posting a retailer isn't cool, but the leap from him doing that to a retailer, to bashing Neuromancer, to a whole internet board? I'll be disappointed if you let this pass(and that you haven't remedied it yet).

MilesMingusMonk said:
SeanGAR said:
Why don't yall experienced types show us an online shop with Opus X in stock at MSRP.
[snapback]239701[/snapback]​

Stick around Seangar, become an active and contributing member of CigarPass, and then we'll share the good sources! No free bananas here.;)
[snapback]239706[/snapback]​

I think Sean's point is that there is no online source for Opus that has inventory. He, myself, and many others, enjoy that there is a source for these rare smokes should the need arise and there be no other outlet. I think there are many of us that have been around long enough to have plenty of sources for anything we'd need! ;)

Kayakinboy shadow posting a retailer isn't cool, but the leap from him doing that to a retailer, to bashing Neuromancer, to a whole internet board? I'll be disappointed if you let this pass(and that you haven't remedied it yet).

WOW! Alright guys, I just wanted to call out the fact that he is selling opus at a high price.

When I did bad mouth Nero? If memory serves me, I tried to help him during his "meltdown" here. I pm'ed him and offered to help, and no reply. Since then I thought everything was fine, which we settled VIA pm, privately, guess I was wrong. Sorry to Nero, seriously, if I've offended you I didn't mean to.

As for getting opus at MSRP, yeah, you can do it online. It's not hard. Since Seangar doesn't care about opus, why do you want sources for it? :rolleyes:

And as for TW, he does this crap and DOESN'T respond!

He didn't respond when we was asked about it, when he posted that he had opus in stock. I first started smoking over a year ago, and since then, it's the retailers like TWcigars and cigars.com (where I bought two opus for a cool 60) and rip off the people who don't know, but just want to try.

TW said on ClubStogie that he prices it SO HIGH because if he put it at the "normal price" he wouldn't keep it in stock. And then there's been questions about him getting e-mail addys from Cigar BB's.

I started posting on ClubStogie just to spread my wings a little and see what different boards were like. Too bad this proves "there is no place like home".

As for this, I think this thread is done, and if TW wants to post his sales here, Go for it, by all means, but I will warn the new guys that they might be getting ripped off.

When I did bad mouth Nero?   If memory serves me, I tried to help him during his "meltdown" here.  I pm'ed him and offered to help, and no reply.  Since then I thought everything was fine, which we settled VIA pm, privately, guess I was wrong.  Sorry to Nero, seriously, if I've offended you I didn't mean to.

Never said YOU bad mouthed Neuro, but this thread did contain all of those things.

As for getting opus at MSRP, yeah, you can do it online.  It's not hard.  Since Seangar doesn't care about opus, why do you want sources for it?   :rolleyes:

Yes, you can purchase Opus online at MSRP, but not reliably. I would personally be glad to share ANY of my cigars with ANY respected Gorilla at CS, and there are many who share my persuasion - hence worrying about sources is kinda pointless. If Sean wanted a few Opus or Anejo I'd gladly share what I have with him - and I likely have more in my humidors than the couple online shops that sell(online) at MSRP will sell! Hopefully we both know that there are a few online retailer who treat repeat customers differently when we speak to them on the phone. ;)

He didn't respond when we was asked about it, when he posted that he had opus in stock.  I first started smoking over a year ago, and since then, it's the retailers like TWcigars and cigars.com (where I bought two opus for a cool 60) and rip off the people who don't know, but just want to try.

TW said on ClubStogie that he prices it SO HIGH because if he put it at the "normal price" he wouldn't keep it in stock. And then there's been questions about him getting e-mail addys from Cigar BB's.

SHE obviously did respond to you - privately no less. That was what she said, and frankly, I'd take her word over yours. I mean you no offense, but based upon your actions and hers that is just where I stand, you can assign me what credibility you wish.

I started posting on ClubStogie just to spread my wings a little and see what different boards were like.  Too bad this proves "there is no place like home".

You are not unwelcome at CS(at least not by me), but your credibility has been impacted by your actions - if you are more comfortable here, that is fine - I just feel this is one large community and it is a shame to draw such distinctions between groups of BOTLs.

As for this, I think this thread is done, and if TW wants to post his sales here, Go for it, by all means, but I will warn the new guys that they might be getting ripped off.
[snapback]239743[/snapback]​

That is your right, but it is also Neuro's right to vouch for Marrit. ;)

If you don't agree with me that is fine, we can agree to disagree! :thumbs:

Nooner, I agree 100%

There are two reasons this started... the e-mail I was sent, and the fact that I am just trying to watch out for the guys who don't know. I really hope that is the message that gets out. I think Godfather quoted me saying on Cigarsmokers, that I would gladly sell to someone if needed. I broke the rules on ClubS and I'm sorry for that.

KayakinBoy said:

WOW! Alright guys, I just wanted to call out the fact that he is selling opus at a high price.

When I did bad mouth Nero? If memory serves me, I tried to help him during his "meltdown" here. I pm'ed him and offered to help, and no reply. Since then I thought everything was fine, which we settled VIA pm, privately, guess I was wrong. Sorry to Nero, seriously, if I've offended you I didn't mean to.

As for getting opus at MSRP, yeah, you can do it online. It's not hard. Since Seangar doesn't care about opus, why do you want sources for it? :rolleyes:

He didn't respond when we was asked about it, when he posted that he had opus in stock. I first started smoking over a year ago, and since then, it's the retailers like TWcigars and cigars.com (where I bought two opus for a cool 60) and rip off the people who don't know, but just want to try.

I started posting on ClubStogie just to spread my wings a little and see what different boards were like. Too bad this proves "there is no place like home".

[snapback]239743[/snapback]​
It's interesting KB, how you selectively edited that to make it seem like you were the one being accused of trashing me, then trashing CS, when the references were to Ironworker's post attacking me for offering another side to the story and then going on to trash talk CS...as far as trying to "help" me, you didn't offer to "help" me...you wanted to butt in and know what was going on and in an attempt to bring it all to a close I decided not to spread stories and involve people who weren't involved...so what you did next, was to go over to the other CS Forum and create links back here about my so-called meltdown, which I chose to ignore, even though you did exactly what all of you were jumping on me about...furthermore, TW has responded to you plenty, and while I didn't know the term shadow-posting, that appears to be something you are quite good at...there was just no point to target them...all you had to do was not buy from them but since you jumped from board to board bad-mouthing them it's just gotten everyone wound up...all I did was offer a different point of view...I even stated that on some things their prices were high, but they have decent prices on most stuff for the location they're in and they offer a lot more that you don't know the least about...you decided Maarit was gonna be your target and I can understand her frustration at having you make derogatory comments in every thread she posted...I have no personal beef with you and I'd rather leave it that way, we did settle it, all I did was post a different viewpoint having dealt personally with the retailer in question...I don't buy all my cigars from them...I buy from a number of sources, some have better prices, some don't...it all evens out...you did shadow-post every post she made, when all you had to do was say once that you thought their prices were high...instead you appointed yourself guardian of all to protect everyone from TW...quite frankly I feel this board has a lot of worth and lot of great people and a lot of great information...there are a few, however, who seem to revel in being nasty, but it takes all kinds...I just don't really see you as being one of them so there's no point in continuing to mix it up...everyone needs to put their guns back in their holsters now as a shoot-out isn't going to help anyone...and for those of you who don't like me, tough...that's what ignore is for, as I have a number of you set to ignore...there's too many decent people on all of the boards to let a few nasties, with nothing better to do with their time then trash people they don't know, spoil it for everyone...

My list just got longer today.....

Sean, nice first 5 posts...you'll go far here...not!

KayakinBoy said:
Nooner, I agree 100%

There are two reasons this started... the e-mail I was sent, and the fact that I am just trying to watch out for the guys who don't know. I really hope that is the message that gets out. I think Godfather quoted me saying on Cigarsmokers, that I would gladly sell to someone if needed. I broke the rules on ClubS and I'm sorry for that.
[snapback]239760[/snapback]​

Hey, I don't think you had any ill intent, quite the contrary, I think you were well intentioned. Just in my opinion you missed the mark a little bit - TW charges much higher than MSRP for their Opus, expressing your disapproval is legitimate, the way you did it is IMHO not all that tasteful.

I'll crawl back under my rock now - this is a great board, I enjoy the threads, and maybe someday when I retire and have more time I'll even become a more active contributor, in the mean time I'll go back to lurk mode.

Best Regards,
Pat

Here's what bugs me, and it's my opinion so I don't care what anybody else thinks about it....

It really sticks in my craw that day after day the new guys roll on in here and other boards, and post these kind of posts. Why do they do it? I'll tell you why! They want it all and they want it now.

These are the ones who don't value getting to know people, getting in on the good stuff, you know....earning it. These guys want Opus, so what do they do? They feed the gougers! And then when someone encourages them not to, they post all this **** trying to justify it!

To put it boldly, anyone who does supports the gougers is a dumba$$! It's just like crack, it wouldn't be a problem if people weren't buying the crap!

I would suggest some of you get your entitled head out of your a$$ and try to earn a little something around here! Until you do, keep your gouging bs to yourselves...

Rant off

I don't like newbs with attitudes.... :angry2:

I am glad we all finally agree that Tobacco World Cigars sells Opus X at prices waaayy beyond MSRP. :laugh:

Across all boards I think we can all agree on some things.

She may have overpaid for them but... :D

jessicarenee028mq.jpg

Hi guys.

Why can't all the long winded newbie pukes be more like Klugs - a man of few words, but many pictures. ;)

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Here's what bugs me, and it's my opinion so I don't care what anybody else thinks about it....

It really sticks in my craw that day after day the new guys roll on in here and other boards, and post these kind of posts. Why do they do it? I'll tell you why! They want it all and they want it now.

These are the ones who don't value getting to know people, getting in on the good stuff, you know....earning it. These guys want Opus, so what do they do? They feed the gougers! And then when someone encourages them not to, they post all this **** trying to justify it!

To put it boldly, anyone who does supports the gougers is a dumba$$! It's just like crack, it wouldn't be a problem if people weren't buying the crap!

I would suggest some of you get your entitled head out of your a$$ and try to earn a little something around here! Until you do, keep your gouging bs to yourselves...

Rant off

I don't like newbs with attitudes.... :angry2:
[snapback]239771[/snapback]​

:thumbs:

We've been talking about this on Cigarsmokers as well and I'm a regular poster there. TWCigars posts their ads regularly on this forum as well.

This is my take on it:

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showpost.php?p=24262&postcount=3

---

I'm with you 100% KB and have your back on this one. I think TWCigars is way out of line on this one and coming from a business standpoint, they handled this matter very unprofessionally.

On the contarary, TWCigars owes KB an apology, not the other way around.

:

SeanGAR said:
Ironworker said:
Neuromancer this is the very type of sh*t that gets your ass in hot water. Stay out of the line of fire. Better yet quit putting yourself in front of it.
You don't have enough experience to be posting in this thread.

Obviously the guy has outrageous prices.

Why don't yall experienced types show us an online shop with Opus X in stock at MSRP.
[snapback]239701[/snapback]​

Stick around - don't be a 30 day wonder... You'll find them... :whistling:

TWCigars is looking to drum up business - PERIOD... I think we can all agree on that. Maarit's not in here posting congrats or happy birthday's to any of the members. Until such time, TW is fair game for criticism. They've not established themselves on this board (or any other, for that matter) as being good and kind in their service or attitude - maybe in individuals minds, but not as a whole.

If TW is overcharging on ANY of their cigars - I don't think it's out of line for ANYONE to point it out. And I, for one, find it VERY distasteful that the retailer would call the person who calls them on it "in need of professional help."

If it were me in TW's position, I would give an honest explanation for my pricing. I hear through the grapevine that Maarit states she must obtain her Opus cigars she sells from other retailers - she does not get them from Fuente. I would make sense she would have to charge a premium for them. Okay, Maarit - explain it that way and leave it for the audience to decide whether you're gouging or not - or if they want to purchase your overpriced Opus cigars.

I have to be honest - I'm glad KB was posting what TW was doing. And I'm glad he's making other BOTL's at other boards aware of it too. I'll make my own choices of whether or not I choose to do business with them based upon two things - 1) price/value and 2) customer service. At least for the Opus X's - and responses to KB (and others I've heard Maarit has messaged also), I'm not impressed with either. Okay - so why is that such a hard concept for others to understand?

All of the others that jumped on the messenger for the message (Neuromance, et al) - take a step back. Maarit - I'd be more than happy to hear your explanation - in public for all to see - not in private PM's lambasting established members. If you have a problem with that - I'd suggest there's something fishy going on...