• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tablet recommendation

Beersmith 2. Brad has really improved the mobility and the Lite version for tablets and iPads is pretty cool. There's also a full version for tablets coming out. The beersmithrecipes.com cloud functionality is pretty nice.

I appreciate all the help, guys. I think I'll look for a tablet that shows a little age and root it if I need to. The tablet really only needs to do the things I outlined, so I don't need a lot of doodad type stuff on it. I don't need to watch any videos or anything on it.

I really need to keep the budget as low as I can since this is going to be in an inhospitable environment. I really don't want to accidentally spray 150F water on a brand new state of the art device.

What the hell do you mean you don't need to watch videos on it? What am I supposed to do in the van if not watch videos?

There is no more van, remember. If you hadn't spray painted "FREE CADNY" on the side we probably would have been alright, Mr. Spelling Champion. I'm not paying to get it out of impound...

The new ride's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say?

There are plenty of decent Android platform tablets out there, but to truly save a few extra ducets, find yourself a refurbished model. It should be more than suitable for the environs you will be using it in and the purpose you will be using it for.

There are plenty of decent Android platform tablets out there, but to truly save a few extra ducets, find yourself a refurbished model. It should be more than suitable for the environs you will be using it in and the purpose you will be using it for.

X2.......and factory refurbs usually have oem warranties.

You aren't going to watch videos on it? What the hell are you going to do, while boiling?

You aren't going to watch videos on it? What the hell are you going to do, while boiling?

I clean the mash tun, get the fermentor ready, and listen to podcasts most of the time. I lose track of my hop additions if I watch anything. If it involves the use of more than one hand, I'm just not good at multi tasking with a video screen.

I clean the mash tun, get the fermentor ready, and listen to podcasts most of the time. I lose track of my hop additions if I watch anything. If it involves the use of more than one hand, I'm just not good at multi tasking with a video screen.

HAHA, there goes that idea then! They make clamps for those times when you only have 2 hands :laugh:

See if you can find a Toshiba Thrive 10.1. I payed ~$230 for mine but saw them for $199, on sale the other day. Tegra 2 processor while not the most powerful will be enough for light work. Features full Hdmi output, USB and SD card slot, removable battery. Also I recent picked up a bundle that included an extra battery, charger, and leather foilo plus some junk for $25. It runs ICS after the latest upgrade

See if you can find a Toshiba Thrive 10.1. I payed ~$230 for mine but saw them for $199, on sale the other day. Tegra 2 processor while not the most powerful will be enough for light work. Features full Hdmi output, USB and SD card slot, removable battery. Also I recent picked up a bundle that included an extra battery, charger, and leather foilo plus some junk for $25. It runs ICS after the latest upgrade

Wow. Speaking of Alan and Clint's excellent adventures, the third musketeer shows up.

Wow. Speaking of Alan and Clint's excellent adventures, the third musketeer shows up.

Wrong thread, doo doo chaser. :sign:

Thanks, Breedy. I'll look into that. I think I have something in the works on this quest. As usual, CP has been helpful. :thumbs:

Can we all just focus and get back to what I'm supposed to do on long van rides?