• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Take a Picture Contest...

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
[SIZE=medium]Time for me to give back a little:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I want to see what your area of the world looks like.  For you early birds, there is a sunrise option and for you night owls there is a sunset option.  Or you can submit for each category.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]For your hard work in taking a picture, the winner will receive (4) sticks from my inventory.  These sticks are premium.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The runner up will receive (2) sticks from my inventory, these will also be premium.  [/SIZE]
The picture I judge to be most awesome will receive (2) sticks, premium as well...

[SIZE=medium]Each member has two opportunities to win:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Submission is limited to one sunrise[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Submission is limited to one sunset[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]More than one sunset or sunrise will not be counted; the initial post containing picture(s) is the entry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Dates of Contest:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]2/18/2015 – 3-5-2015[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Pictures must be taken during this window.  If I find you stole a picture off the internet, we will boo you and your poor ethics.  Warning my Google-Fu is decent…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Winner and 1st[/SIZE] Runner-Up will be awarded on the 6[SIZE=small]th,   [/SIZE]

Most Awesome Picture also awarded on the 6th

No Submissions past 12:00pm Eastern on the 5th will be considered.

[SIZE=medium]How the winner will be chosen:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The winner will be chosen by random, each submission will receive a number and then the numbers will be put into a random generator.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Bonus points may be awarded if it happens to have a Cigar, Beer, Spirits, Wine, etc. in it…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Who can play:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Entry is open to all Members new and old alike.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Entry is limited to those in good standing on the board.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]If you’re an A-Hole, you know the deal…. I’m not likely to pick you, please don't enter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]If I’m forgetting something, please let me know and I’ll edit the thread accordingly…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]So, a little over two weeks, let’s see your neck of the woods…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Edited:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Terms[/SIZE]

Going on vacation next Friday, I'll save my submissions for then!

Just curious, a literal sunrise and sunset or a day and night picture.

Don't laugh...

So these are pics we have to take ourselves or can I have my photograper neighbor help you guys see our world?

Seriously...I'd just submit a photo of the dark...

Heh....Jake, you may not remember, but you were the host of the first (and only) contest I've won here. Waaay back in the day ('08, I think?). Something about how you met your significant other, if I remember right. I still have the hand-written note you included with the sticks you sent. Found it just the other night going through still-packed stuff from Germany. Thanks, again, by the way! I blame YOU for my spending habits on good smokes! :p

-Trey

Spad31 said:
Heh....Jake, you may not remember, but you were the host of the first (and only) contest I've won here. Waaay back in the day ('08, I think?). Something about how you met your significant other, if I remember right. I still have the hand-written note you included with the sticks you sent. Found it just the other night going through still-packed stuff from Germany. Thanks, again, by the way! I blame YOU for my spending habits on good smokes! :p

-Trey

Yeah...didn't you ask her to marry you on your first date or something? I know it was something crazy like that.

BigJake6904 said:

-Trey

Yeah...didn't you ask her to marry you on your first date or something? I know it was something crazy like that.

Ha! Yep! July 29th will be...19...20? Eh. Public math.

/end threadjack

-Trey

Too bad the weather sucks here. Sunrise and sunset would just be various shades of fog.

Smokin'Sims said:
Too bad the weather sucks here. Sunrise and sunset would just be various shades of fog.

I would say it post away, may make for an amazing picture.  Plus it's a random draw, you name will be in the hat then...

And agreed about the weather, I'll need to rehost this in the summer again, when everyone can actually be outside, enjoy a smoke and beer on the back porch/garage/wherever.
BigJake6904 said:
Don't laugh...

So these are pics we have to take ourselves or can I have my photograper neighbor help you guys see our world?

Seriously...I'd just submit a photo of the dark...

I would like to see pictures that you've taken, I'll even allow pictures that have been taken by your family ~ spouse, kids, etc.
oke&coke said:
Just curious, a literal sunrise and sunset or a day and night picture.

The intent was literally for a sunrise and sunset picture.

If you have odd sleeping paterns / work patterns that would preclude the capturing of a sunrise/set I'll allow a day and night picture. 

My sunset submission. This was taken this past weekend at a beach wedding I was a groomsman in... Surfside, TX.

410855731.jpg

The following IS NOT being entered for the contest. It is a photo a neighbor of mine took about 1.5mils from my house in Katy/ Fulshear, TX. I thought it was too awesome not to post. 

410855734.jpg

BigJake6904 said:
My sunset submission. This was taken this past weekend at a beach wedding I was a groomsman in... Surfside, TX.

410855731.jpg

The following IS NOT being entered for the contest. It is a photo a neighbor of mine took about 1.5mils from my house in Katy/ Fulshear, TX. I thought it was too awesome not to post. 

410855734.jpg

Dude!  And, Jake's out of the gate strong.... Very, Very Nice!

Here's 1 submission: sunrise over Mt Pleasant, SC.  Couldn't sleep last night, so left early & went to the beach for a minute before heading into the office this morning.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12439]

Nice, I almost went to work in SC at VC Summer...
Excellent Pic!

Jake - that sunset picture of the windmill would look great printed on canvas! 

I need to get back down to the beach to snap some more sunset pictures.  I took some really cool ones last summer.

Firstly, thanks for the contest and I'm glad you are enjoying your time here at CP. Here are my submissions. They aren't the best colors for a sunrise or sunset that I've ever taken, but my goal is to show my part of the world. The first is the sunrise this morning (we actually had a few days of clear skies first time in a 2 weeks) over the village where I live in the Swiss boonies. In the second, the sun is setting off to my right, but I wanted to show the view of the Alps I have at work when the sky is clear. The third, which I know doesn't count, is the actual sunset. 

ea515977-a275-4064-8667-c90fcf98bfc0_zpsvqrpgtsc.jpg

be5936c9-28df-4550-93db-184c056be713_zpstvdfhlwz.jpg

c6924e0a-b03b-44b7-a5d1-a9953d763290_zps5qvlo01t.jpg

449fabbc340d69cc30d64c26e06e768c.jpg
f598ef9f68993fbd572d149837272694.jpg
9c90d91fd742ee36dcb13a4eb68c7ab2.jpg
77e14d9162817d3d6010357388dd636d.jpg

What was the question?

Oh. And take the first one for sunset - middle two for fun - and the las cuz it was cool!

Sunrise - I'll have to look. :)