• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Taking a trip to Mexico

NickDavid

I'm goin to San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico in a month. Actually, I'm driving from Phoenix, AZ to San Carlos. It's about an 8 hour beautiful drive through Mehico! Anyone know of some cigar shops on the way, or in the area? Better yet, anyone from this area?

I live in Mesa off highway 60. There's a Habanos SA authorized dealer in Nogales, Sonora on the main shopping strip. Can't remember the name of it but it has a huge walk in humidor, bar, eatery, dance floor, and shopping. On the ground floor, south side of the block.
Robert

BrownDevil said:
There's a Habanos SA authorized dealer in Nogales, Sonora on the main shopping strip.

Save your money; in my experience, purchasing authentic habanos in Nogales is a loooong shot, "authorized" dealer or not.

Point it out MMM, if you have a tip I'd be interested so I can save some money as well.
Robert

BD, I lived in Tucson for six years ('97-'03) and made frequent trips to Nogales, Sonora.

I'd recommend NickDavid look into box splits or trades here on the boards before sending the noobler to Nogales in hopes of scoring some authentic sticks.

If you're inexperienced in what to look for, as well as the flavor profiles of the different brands, you're going to end up with questionable authenticity at best.

Thanks for the info. Wasn't trying to send a noobler on a wild one of course. I'm from San Jose and when I moved out here couple of years ago I asked someone and that's where they pointed me to.

:thumbs:

edited for extra "?"

Is there no place SOTB you'd recommend?

Gotcha!
I'll be sure to bring my bottle along when I go back to the Bay to pour you a snifter. Supposed to herf with David. He said you were a hell of a guy :D

BrownDevil said:
Gotcha!
I'll be sure to bring my bottle along when I go back to the Bay to pour you a snifter. Supposed to herf with David. He said you were a hell of a guy :D

Damn that NorCalCigarLover! I've got a reputation to maintain... :angry:

Our paths should cross at some point BD. I am about due for a visit back to AZ in the spring to visit some friends in the Phoenix area and the Old Pueblo.

Oh yeah BD and MMM,

I forgot to mention my other hobby that I've gotten my self into lately. I collect tequila as well ;) , and not your crappy mixto's mind you, we're talking 100% blue agave's :thumbs:. Okay, so my tequila collection doesn't quite compare to my wine collection but I'm sitting at about 6-8 bottles right now. LOL...... boy, you two are in trouble when we get together for a Herf here in San Jose.

:cool: