• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Talisker 10 yo Scotch from Skye

I finally was able to get my hands on a bottle of this over the weekend. I must say that I was very pleased and it has been worth the wait. This scotch reminds me of Oban 14yr, however to me it is much smoother and I really enjoyed the Oban 14yr.
This really goes down easy and have a very pleasant taste. Unfortunately for me, I have not tried the Laphroaig 30 as of yet but it is definitely on my list of scotches to try.
You really can not go wrong with this bottle.

Another great review AVB, I need to try this out with a good cigar. :D

This is the first Scotch to wow me in a long time, and here in the Mid-Atlantic/South, its getting to be Scotch drinking weather again so I thought I'd dig up this old thread. I got a bottle from a friend about two months ago, and I only have a couple glasses left until its time to go grab another. I highly recommend it.

You can't really go wrong with Talisker. I love the sweet, the smoke, and the peppery flavor of it. If you like the 10yo, try the 18yo, and the Distiller's Edition if you have an opportunity. 18 yo and the Distiller's are probably in the 70-80 dollar range depending on where you are. I am located in NJ and can buy the 18yo for 70 and the Distiller's for 75.

I picked up a bottle of this finally, based on this review and my love for Lagavulin. Outstanding! I'd say that Lagavulin still holds the top as my favorite, but this is very, very good.

Totally my new favorite!! Had a glass last night, I've gotten in the habit of adding a couple drops of water, really brings out the flavor. Every sip for me had a different note, from buttery, to caramel, to apricot. I never got the pepperiness, maybe the last swig had some spice.

Definitely going to be my go to for a while!

Totally my new favorite!!  Had a glass last night, I've gotten in the habit of adding a couple drops of water, really brings out the flavor.  Every sip for me had a different note, from buttery, to caramel, to apricot.  I never got the pepperiness, maybe the last swig had some spice.

Definitely going to be my go to for a while!

Then you have choosen well my friend. But wait until you get your hands on an 18 yro! If my memory serves me right (Hey I'm no AVB :) the 10 yro old is distinctive (you know your drinking a Talisker) but is very raw compared to others. Personnaly I tried and like it but I would not buy one again (considering the price here).But then I would buy a truck load of the 18yro if I could ! (a totally different experience IMO)