• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tampa Bay Smoke Shops?

MPL3431

I am in Tampa until Friday morning and was hoping to hit a smoke shop/bar tomorrow night. I am staying near the airport, can anyone reccommend anything? Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

Go to Ybor City. There's more cigar shops on the street than you'll know what to do with. It isn't exactly close to the airport. Maybe about 15 minutes by car.

While there, I highly suggest dinner at the Columbia restaurant. They have flamenco dancers and some of the best food I can think of in the area.

Hope that helps.

Bimmer, thanks yeah I have heard a lot about Ybor but have never been, heard it is a great time.

No problem. That's my old stomping grounds. I still know the area pretty well.

You'd have to check with the restaurant to see if they allow cigar smoking, but seeing as it is in Ybor City, I imagine they would.

If not, you should also check out some bars in Hyde Park. I don't have any specifics, but they tend to be the nicer type of places that would probably allow such activities.

And if you are feeling "lonely", check out Mons Venus just south of Tampa Stadium. A buddy of mine from Canada went there with me once and was truly amazed that such places existed in the world. Just make sure you have lots of $1.00 bills in your pocket.

Not positive, but just about..... that the law in Florida now is any establishment that serves food cannot allow smoking. They do allow it in bars if they only serve alcohol and no food. Just FYI.

Stop into Ybor....and enjoy yourself.

Hit King Corona and the Metropolitan.

Oh - and search on Tampa or Ybor on this forum...you'll find a lot of reading!

Grateful, thanks for the tip will definitely try to check those places out. I will do a search now, thanks for all the help.

Mike

And if you are feeling "lonely", check out Mons Venus just south of Tampa Stadium. A buddy of mine from Canada went there with me once and was truly amazed that such places existed in the world. Just make sure you have lots of $1.00 bills in your pocket.

Been there, done that ! :rolleyes:

I went there one in the early 90's. Wondered if it was still open. Quite the place.

Hey guys thank you for the tips. We ended up working prett late last night so I went to Charley's Steakhouse right next to my hotel. What a great place, had a Porterhouse cooked to perfection then as I was walking out noticed they had a full humidor of Fuente, Partagas and many others. They had some Opus Robustos and XXX so I picked up a Robusto and smoked it on my balcony. All in all a good night all though I wish I had someone to go to Mons Venus with, as I don't think I would have made it back alone. :D