• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tat Black's

bully1875

Ok, so after all the hype with the tat blacks I finally have a local B&M that will have it in stock on Monday of next week, he told me I can prepay for a jar but I have to let him know tomorrow. Now the fact that only 1000 jars are being made is nice, however he is charging me $305 after taxes. Im not even sure if I am going to like the cigar, I have a love hate thing going with the Tat line, I love the brown label, but no so much with the reds. Am I wasting my money? I would almost rather buy a box of WOAM (which he has plenty in stock) for $265 and have a few bucks left over. Any suggestions?
Im sure if I dont like the tats I can unload a few fivers to the BOTL's.

Get them. (Although pre-pay is weird - what if he doesn't get them? Pete and Andy get swamped and sometimes get overwhealmed getting things out.)

If you don't like them, I'll take a couple of cigars off ya...I like them a lot.

Wow, $305?

I think I paid $240ish for mine. He is really jacking you at about $3 per stick over MSRP. I know they are rare, but that's insane.

This B&M has been in business for a very long time and he is incredibly reputable, I found the prepay thing a bit weird also, but say la vie. He got his first shipment (5 jars) last week and apparently he is going to send me tracking info when I prepay (he says he should have it tomorrow), he said he spoke to Pete and verified this. Fingers are crossed, I guess I cant pass it up this time..

Buy them.

If you think they suck people here will surely take them off your hands. The same holds true for the WOAM's

Imo there's really no way you can lose. If you like them, then you have a full jar of a very limited release cigar. If not, there will be no shortage of members here waiting in line for a 5'er. It's a win win.

I questioned his price to myself before we finished our conversation, but then again, he has quite a bit of htf Opus' at a crazy price. I guess you pay for these things.

The problem with reselling the 5er's is now im the price hiker because I want to get what I paid for them..

Wow, $305?

I think I paid $240ish for mine. He is really jacking you at about $3 per stick over MSRP. I know they are rare, but that's insane.

Yeah it sucks but that appears to be what they're going for in NY and NJ. A b&m in NJ got them and they want the same, $300/jar and something like $15.50 - $16 a stick as singles. You guys that have gotten them for around $250 or less got one helluva deal.

I questioned his price to myself before we finished our conversation, but then again, he has quite a bit of htf Opus' at a crazy price. I guess you pay for these things.

The problem with reselling the 5er's is now im the price hiker because I want to get what I paid for them..

Technically, you still have two weeks or so before you can offer these for sale anyway but...... as long as you offer them for the price you paid you are not the price hiker. I encourage members who've been here longer than I to weigh in but, it has been my experience that cigars offered for sale in attempt to profit are frowned upon. But, as long as you offer them for what you paid, you're not making a profit, and I don't see any problem. While I'm sure there are many members who would not pay almost $16/stick for these, believe it or not there are some that may have to pay the same or more and that wouldn't be a problem for them. Several places around the country are treating these just like Opus and only offering them in-store at a 2 stick maximum. Now that sucks!

My local was selling them at $306 after tax and they were gone in about 2 seconds. Stings to know these other guys were getting the same thing for $225 - $250.

Ok, so my mind is made up, I will prepay tomorrow. I am being told he will have them in the shop anytime between Monday and Wed of next week. I will light one up as soon as I get them and if im not a fan then I will put 3 fivers up on CP that night.

Thanks for the help (once again).

Ok, so my mind is made up, I will prepay tomorrow. I am being told he will have them in the shop anytime between Monday and Wed of next week. I will light one up as soon as I get them and if im not a fan then I will put 3 fivers up on CP that night.

Thanks for the help (once again).

If you light one up right away, it's very likely you that you won't like them. They are wet packed, and not fully fermented when you get them. Both Pete, and several of the experienced guys here (stepthirteen and moki to name a couple) have said to leave them sealed in the foil pack they come in for 6-8 months to let them age and ferment. I don't know for a fact that they need this, but I trust those guys opinions alot. Just something for you to think about.

I had 2 bundles of the original release and have a jar. IMO, the original ones are only now hitting their stride. They are a great cigar. With min. of 6 months and more like a year on them, the new ones should be great (if they are the same cigar).

Lucky me, I still have a full bundle of the OR and a full jar! :cool:

Correction on the WOAM that he has, they are $286, not $265. Thats about $11.75 a stick. Definetly not cheap..