• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tattoos & Earrings

I wish everyone was like you...

I wasnt saying you juge a book by its cover,I just meant people in general :)

owell somethings in life just aint fair!!

-Matt

Remember I took off one shirt with sleeves to reach into a pool. Still had a shirt on just sleeve-less. It would of went back on right as my arms dried off.

The guy owns a major construction company, wonder what his employee's look like ? :0

oak said:
, your response - though incredibly funny - was completely unprofessional, and if your boss is a professional and it gets back to him - he should probably fire your ass.

- Oak
Lets see ummm, besides the owner who works for himself, I'm the only employee of the company, nope can't get fired :D

Providing excellent service is the business that you are in. Doesn't matter that you also clean pools, etc. If the customer has a problem with your work, you deserve to lose your job to someone that provides better service. Probably should have toned down the response a bit, but that had to have felt good! ;) Gregor

I think a more appropriate response should have been in order. Call me old school, but sometimes our appearances are not what others are used too. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

I think a more appropriate response would have been something like:

I'm cleanin' his pool, not f**kin his wife.........but you on the other hand, what are you doing later? :p

Always be yourself. Even if it means throwing a few F bombs around once in a while. F**k 'em if they can't take a joke. The world is too damned uptight anyway. Not always appropriate, but what the hell. SOunds like you've got job security anyway.

The bottom line is you do a good job cleaning their pool, and outside of the maid, you're probably not going to be f**king anyone there either. So...........no harm no foul. As a matter of fact, if the owner brings it up......turn the tables, let him know the maid propositioned YOU. And you had to turn her down due to time constraints. She just didn't fit in to your schedule that day, but she kept insisting.......

That ought to paint that picture for him.

M. Gipson :p

I for one am not offended over tats and piercings...I have a tat myself and 3 new piercings as of last weekend. Considering the work you do and knowing what you were doing having to clean that muck, so what if you had to take off a nicer shirt and you showed off some tats...apparently you weren't trying to show them off prior to that since you had to take off the shirt in the first place.

Sometimes people don't stop to use their common sense and think that everyone might not fit into the corporate mold...you can talk about professionalism all you want, but the world isn't all 3 piece suits and ties (thank God). Present you and your business in a way that lets people know you are the best for the job, and you really can't go wrong with that...i wanna see the tats *grins

melly :love: :love:

As the proud bearer of three tatoos I have to say I have never been treated poorly because of them. I am a manager for a small manufacturing plant and have to deal with both customers and outside vendors on a regular basis. While I do not go around flaunting them I do not have to hide them either. That said I do have to say that I am aware when it is apprpriate for me not to expose them and for that reason I do keep a long sleeve shirt in my office for unexpected occaisions. There are close minded people out there and I do plan on getting at least one more.

Puro is the man ! ! ! ! !
If she is ever at one of my pools , no work will get done !

I grew up like AVB: Pirates, Foreigners, and Faggots...remember left is right and right wrong? Sons with ear rings are begging for a pair of plyers :D

Tattoos?...Depends on situation. Tattoos in a client based situation means you will probably loose business. Same as beards and I have a nicely groomed one. I have no personal problem with it but I would conceal the Tats.
Reminds me of the kid who works as a stock boy at night at Walmart. Full borg tat on the face. That guy is destined to working the night shifts the rest of his life.

Gunpowder said:
Reminds me of the kid who works as a stock boy at night at Walmart. Full borg tat on the face.
Borg... as in Star Trek Borg?

I'd kinda like to see that! :D

DaveWF said:
Gunpowder said:
Reminds me of the kid who works as a stock boy at night at Walmart. Full borg tat on the face.
Borg... as in Star Trek Borg?

I'd kinda like to see that! :D
Yup! Would have to be really drunk to comit to that Tattoo :D

I saw a guy in our jail once that had " I love Drugs" tattooed on his forearm. He had a pot leaf and a hypodermic needle under the words. Might as well had dumbass tattooed across his forehead. Definately not in the job market. :0

No I was not in jail with him. I assisted in booking him in. He was rather upset about being there.

Boy, some people really need to lighten up. What's she want you to do, put on your tux to get into the pool? Unless the tattoos are somehow really outlandish like a big swastika or something, I don't see how anyone could be offended. And an earing? Come on.

Once upon a time when I was building up a thriving law firm, I needed a couple of runners and law clerks to work for me. In walks some kid who is Johnny Unitas' long-lost son and also in walks some kid with....no lie...a tatt on his FOREHEAD. Ok. A tatt on a forehead...bad enough, right? No - it gets worse. What did the tatt say? In old English lettering it read, "HATED." Yep, ok kid. Guess who got the job? I didn't care if the "HATED" jackass had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and was a 2nd year law student or not. He was not what I wanted representing my firm, myself or our abilities.

For better or worse, that's the society in which we live. God bless the free-market.
:D

I work in health care and I have a tat. I have a gater that encircles my upper left arm. I had the tatoo put high enough that my shirt would hide it. If anyone sees or has noticed the tatoo they have not given me a rude remark about them. The maid should have asked you to put your shirt on when you finished the poll, No need for her to be so negative IMHO
Bill

Hmmm...I'm afraid the dynamics of the work place are shifting you old coots :sign: As we become more and more dependent on computers as our primary means of communication, appearance becomes less important.

By that rationale, I want the best, brigthest, and most on top of their game working for me. I don't much care what they look like (unless they are in a client services, face-to-face position). To me, it's all about execution and the end product.

That said, take a long, hard look at those around you. Conformity is not a bad thing when you're trying to reach the top. Emulate the traits and characteristics that have served those around you well and you'll have a better chance of attaining a similar position to that of which said person holds.

Just my two cents.

Since our economy is becoming more and more service oriented, that would seem to contradict your assumption Tony. While email may become more prevalent you still have to interact with your fellow workers if you are in an office position. The amount of people who work solely from home without other interaction is too small to be mentioned.