• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Anarchy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know member posts were so often reviewed. Do you do this for everyone Rod?

I'm sorry that a very popular and widely used meme seems to have missed its mark with you. I expect Jon and Brent to miss a joke, but thought for sure you would recognize a comedic gif used in a joking manner. I really cannot believe you've never seen that used before. In the future, I will remember that my humor does not mesh with those on this board.

Specifically which posts of mine do you find "stupid" Rod? That's quite an offensive thing to hear, and I will defend every post I've made on this board.
Robbie, you know damn good and well that I like you, and I would invite you into my house, and share a beer and cigar with you, but you are dead wrong this time. Your first post, and now your follow up claiming you are singled out are both out of line. I like you, but wrong is wrong.

No, I don't make it a point to review everyone's posts. Wish I had that kind of time on my hands.

As I'm sure you've noticed, I haven't been very active at CP the past few months, due to the many things going on right now. Luckily, things are finally starting to settle down, and I'll be able to get back into the swing of things. After having seen some of your recent commentary in other threads, I decided to pull your posts and see exactly what you've been up to. Seems most of your posts are nothing more than trolling. Appears your goal lately has been to piss people off, and get under their skin. This is apparent by your many recent posts.

Just a few examples:

You drove your friend off because you were a jerk to his wife.
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=65526&view=findpost&p=983470

I can leave cigars in my dusty attic too. I'll post back in a few months.
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=65337&view=findpost&p=981089

What is an acceptable level of underwear blood? This a question you have to answer before you can move forward.
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=65180&view=findpost&p=978386

You sure do sell a lot, mmmmmmburtch.
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=65080&view=findpost&p=976983

What was so unclear about the other topics?
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=62822&view=findpost&p=940382

It's one thing to give a buddy a hard time (jokingly), however you seem to be on a roll with everyone. I don't know Robbie, doesn't seem like you're much of a contributing member. Don't spin this around to make me look like the bad guy.

I didn't know member posts were so often reviewed. Do you do this for everyone Rod?

I'm sorry that a very popular and widely used meme seems to have missed its mark with you. I expect Jon and Brent to miss a joke, but thought for sure you would recognize a comedic gif used in a joking manner. I really cannot believe you've never seen that used before. In the future, I will remember that my humor does not mesh with those on this board.

Specifically which posts of mine do you find "stupid" Rod? That's quite an offensive thing to hear, and I will defend every post I've made on this board.
Get over it, Robbie. You've been bomb throwing around here for some time. Don't make Rod the bad guy, just because your recent posts don't add up. You know it.....

Your "popular and widely used meme" didn't miss it's mark; quit the contrary. When misapplied, that phrase has done more damage, destroyed more careers, hurt as many people as words can hurt. That you would throw it around like a punch line to a cheap joke is telling.

Defend every post you've made on this board..?? Interesting.....

You may not be a bad guy in person, and I'll reserve judgment on that. But, honestly, your posting style lately leaves lots to be desired.

One man's opinion - B.B.S.

No, I don't make it a point to review everyone's posts. Wish I had that kind of time on my hands.

As I'm sure you've noticed, I haven't been very active at CP the past few months, due to the many things going on right now. Luckily, things are finally starting to settle down, and I'll be able to get back into the swing of things. After having seen some of your recent commentary in other threads, I decided to pull your posts and see exactly what you've been up to. Seems most of your posts are nothing more than trolling. Appears your goal lately has been to piss people off, and get under their skin. This is apparent by your many recent posts.

Just a few examples:

You drove your friend off because you were a jerk to his wife.
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=65526&view=findpost&p=983470
This is an honest reply, short and sweet. Am I incorrect in what I said? Is it not possible that after emailing Josh's wife, Josh was so disgusted with Nash that he no longer wanted to be friends?

I can leave cigars in my dusty attic too. I'll post back in a few months.
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=65337&view=findpost&p=981089
The mold or plume debate has never been met with jokes before?

What is an acceptable level of underwear blood? This a question you have to answer before you can move forward.
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=65180&view=findpost&p=978386
Does anyone really not find this statement hilarious?

You sure do sell a lot, mmmmmmburtch.
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=65080&view=findpost&p=976983
mmmmburtch and I tease each other all the time. Is this type of post uncommon?

What was so unclear about the other topics?
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=62822&view=findpost&p=940382
He said he searched, but didn't accept the advice he found, I wanted to know why.

It's one thing to give a buddy a hard time (jokingly), however you seem to be on a roll with everyone. I don't know Robbie, doesn't seem like you're much of a contributing member. Don't spin this around to make me look like the bad guy.

BBS I am not responding to you. now or ever. thanks,

OK everyone...One....Two....Three....and a deeeeeep breath....

Robbie, I love ya and look forward to your next stop in Minneapolis. However, this is Rod's house and if you've offended him then then you should be courteous and apologize. I'm quite confident that Rod doesn't need help so I suggest the rest of us leave it alone barring some new and untoward development.

- Tim

I suppose it has been an existential month for me. A lot of people I know have been dying. I've been told off by a number of people, had some small run-ins with the law, and overall, apparently, have not been having much life success. This leaves a big question of "where do I fit in in all of it and what am I doing with my life?" I should probably pursue that brewery goal sooner rather than later....

Anyone who knows me well will tell you I don't get to smoke that much. Like, take the least you've smoked over a number of months, and cut that by about 70%. I have learned a lot about cigars, but not yet enough to answer questions better/before others. Just today I misinformed insight on the production dates of machine-made versus hand-made Partagas Culebras! Usually I just stay out of the way.

This doesn't mean I don't contribute, however. I assist many here with brewing advice, cycling advice, and a plethora of general topics related to everyday life from gardening to relationships. I've run group buys and box splits into the thousands of dollars for cigars of a certain origin. I've celebrated members' children and families. If you do see me post, it was either in the last 3 passes phil ran, or it is more often related to interjecting humor, after all we can't all be know-it-alls, how would we ever learn anything? Rod, it's too bad you can't pull a history of the threads I've read, you'd see me in just about everything, reading more and posting less. I don't need to defend my reputation, nor can I, since it is owned by the community. But, to denigrate my contributions simply because they do not appear in the public light is really quite insulting.

It is unfortunate we can't all share the same sense of humor, I like to see people lighten up and let go. Hmm, this is probably one of those things girls love about me..... :rolleyes: It would be nice if someone would have spoken up sooner, and said "hey now, that's not funny" instead of harboring silent resentment.

It's hot here. Is it hot by you? La Crosse is sweltering. We just had our third mayfly hatch.

Jon, something more like this...

tat.jpg

I think I know the half-a-guy with the shoe box on the right! :0

Anyone know the guy with his pants down around his knees?

Dumb-ass x2.

Your "popular and widely used meme" didn't miss it's mark; quit the contrary. When misapplied, that phrase has done more damage, destroyed more careers, hurt as many people as words can hurt. That you would throw it around like a punch line to a cheap joke is telling.

While Robbie may have misjudged the bulk of his audience's familiarity with (and therefore the likely interpretation of) the image at issue, there is no question that it's a "popular and widely used meme" in many other varied corners of the internet.

Ironically, the general point of the image is usually to point out (preemptively or otherwise) something that is in fact not racist, but which might nevertheless be decried as racist by people who love to throw that allegation around every chance they get. Essentially, the overall "meaning" of the .gif--inasmuch as one can be ascribed to an image posted in what are likely hundreds of thousands of discrete contexts--is very much along the same lines as the portion of text I have italicized above. It's both a statement and a cheap, easy joke all in one handy package.

Not all jokes can be home runs, everyone's sense of humor is different, and any joke that requires explanation ceases to be very funny, but as someone who has seen that image hundreds of times in hundreds of places, it's pretty clear to me that Robbie was just making a lighthearted observation.

Ironically, the general point of the image is usually to point out (preemptively or otherwise) something that is in fact not racist, but which might nevertheless be decried as racist by people who love to throw that allegation around every chance they get.

Not all jokes can be home runs, everyone's sense of humor is different, and any joke that requires explanation ceases to be very funny, but as someone who has seen that image hundreds of times in hundreds of places, it's pretty clear to me that Robbie was just making a lighthearted observation.

Maybe that joke failed so miserably here because 1.) alot of us don't frequent a lot of other forums so that .gif is unfamiliar to us and since it's not widely used here none of us knew how to take it, 2.) I may be wrong, but I haven't seen a lot of accusations on this board of racism, so maybe a pre-emptive shot to point that out didn't exactly fit here.

So, if it was an attempt at humor, and I honestly believe it was, then why didn't Robbie just say that after his joke bombed? Why the need to "fight the power"? I'm dead serious when I say I really, really like Robbie, but he and I very much disagree about his lack of respect for authority. He's a middle class, bike riding, fro having, white kid from Wisconsin that smokes cigars and brews beer. I think it's safe to say "The Man" isn't holding him down.

Ya know, instead of bickering we all need to sit back with a fine cigar, glass of hooch and chill out. Why waste valuable time being pissed off when you can change that into quality time that you enjoy.

Brent--I think you're spot on as far as why the joke flopped here. It's outside its normal context, as would be many other popular internet memes.

As far as why Robbie responded in the way that he did and why he didn't respond in a different manner, I think that's a far more difficult nut to crack. If I had to guess, I'd say that it had to to with the way in which he might have perceived that he was being dogpiled, that he felt he was being subjected to a far more strict level of scrutiny than other posters, and that what in his eyes was a throwaway joke was instead inexplicably being used as the coup de grace in a surprising and apparently widespread movement to demonstrate some sort of nefarious intent on his part to subvert and disrespect the forum. He gave a quick and dirty explanation for the picture itself (though again, likely overestimating its familiarity to much of this audience, otherwise he probably would have been more thorough) and instead chose to focus on what he viewed to be the much larger issue of concern--that there's a shared view of him by others here (including Rop, no less) as nothing more than a chaotic troublemaker (an anarchist, if you will...) which he likely feels hurt by and with which he obviously disagrees.

But those are just my perceptions on the matter--we're all far better off letting him speak for himself. He's a smart cookie and he's capable of putting out his own fires. I simply wanted to clarify the broader context of the .gif for the benefit of those among us who interpreted it in a way which likely wasn't intended.

Ed--that's a fine idea, though my wife might take issue with me fixing a cocktail at 9am...

Robbie - the bottom line is that you are not a contributing member to this community, nor have you ever been. Your whole time at CP has revolved around chat. This isn't the first time we've had a run in with one another. Your lack of respect towards myself and this community in general is pitiful.

Unless you can start showing the community a little more respect, and becoming a contributing member, you have no place here. Consider this a warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.