• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje El Triunfador

Bkatz87

Hey guys, this is my first review. I have been eager to give it a shot so here goes. (Criticism welcome). To start I have always been a Tatuaje lover, and the lancero brown label was one of the first Tatuaje's I had the pleasure to enjoy. Naturally when i got wind of Pete's new creation I was excited. I met and spoke to Pete Johnson personally at my local B&M, where he played poker with us and had a very exciting event.

(Sorry for the poor image quality. I decided to write this review last minute, after i lit up. I am sitting in the bed of my truck and used my iPhone to take the pictures. Better quality next time)

Vitola: Lancero
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
Binder Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Size: 7.5 x 35

Pre-Smoke: The draw was a little tight, but I had faith! Tatuaje has never let me down before. There were hints of chocolate and my mouth began watering.

asdf053.jpg

asdf127.jpg

First 1/3: I was hit with a plethora of taste right off the bat! The cigar was so complex and interesting. The length allowed a nice cool burn. After i was able to stop my head from spinning, due to the amazing first few draws, I tasted a nice smooth leather, and some nuttiness. There was a very slight spice at first. The burn was perfect.

asdf203.jpg

asdf164.jpg

Second part /Final: The leather wore off but the nuts remained. The burn stayed consistent and the spice wore. I was hoping for some pickup of that creamy leather again. The smoke however, kept my interest. Towards the last part of the cigar, the leather did indeed pickup again, with some chocolate, as well as some spice again.

asdf151.jpg

The cigar was complex and hard to grasp, but I will be picking more of these up ASAP.

I have heard about the limited production, and I was wondering if anyone could verify the amount of retail stores nation wide have these in stock. I heard somewhere near 20 but, I have no verification. I'll probably snag the rest if that is the case.

Excellent review, photos are awesome and you chose a great stick to review. :thumbs:

Very nice review. I have a few of these left from a fiver and I'd say they are very tasty smokes. I'm saving the rest of mine for warmer weather when I can enjoy them to the nub.

I really love Lanceros...just a great size. I want to find more good ones.

I have been wanting to try one of these since I heard of them. Your review has made me want to get my hands on some even more. Good work and thanks for the review!

Good review and pics. I hadn't given these a second thought until this review..good job!

I go to sleep thinking about this cigar and wake up thinking about this cigar. It's such a great smoke, love the lancero it is in, goodness.

Ok I need to get out more often.

John