• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Exclusive Series Federal Cigar 109 ~ Reserva (Broadleaf)

badwhale

Smoke: Tatuaje Exclusive Series Federal Cigar 109 ~ Reserva (Broadleaf)
Drink: Founders ~ Centennial IPA
Tunes: None
Date Smoked: 08/15/2013

Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Binder: CT Broadleaf
Filler: Nicaraguan
Draw: Medium draw
Burn: Good
Misc.: Nothing recorded.

Pre-light: Maduro shade wrapper; great construction with only a few large veins.  Triple cap.  Has a tiny bit of sparkly plume, and has a nice musty / musky tobacco scent.  Sweet tobacco taste on the cut prelight taste.

Light: Easy.  Medium draw.

1st 3rd: Oily and sweet tobacco.  Rich flavor.  The nose retrohale is making me sneeze with a lot of pepper.  I’m getting a very dark, rich coffee flavor like at the end of a pot that has been a bit burned (good in this case.) and some woodsy notes.  Full body, and full to medium flavor.

Ash: Light gray, and not flaky.  Holds on for about 1”

Sorry, no ASH picture taken.

2nd 3rd: Oily and rich flavors.  Coffee, sweet tobacco.  Leaves a pretty dense aftertaste.  Very maduro-like.  Full body.  Nice heavy tasting cigar.

3rd 3rd: I’ve been neglecting to report the pepper in each draw.  Still, the retrohale is making me think twice.  Still lots of rich, dense flavors of coffee, oil and sweet tobacco.

Overall impression: Pretty cool cigar offering from Tatuaje.

Thanks rob3000c for the impromptu trade at QSHVI!!!

Will

Haven't had one yet. I'll have to give it a shot, since Pete seems back on his game. Thanks for the review!

It would seem that this flavor profile is found in many of tatuaje's dark wrapped cigars. At least that is from the selections I've had. Great review!

Great review.  You have to love the 109 head on this stick. 

I think Pete & the Pepins do broadleaf very well.  La Riqueza and Cabaiguan Guapos Maduros are staples in my humi and I was very impressed with the 2012 Cojonu Broadleaf.

Nice review Will.  Buy me a box and bring it to me in August.  TIA.