• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Series P

theorangeman

Tonight I lit up my first Tatuaje white label Toro and my experience so far has been a little disappointing. My expectations were pretty high, being that this is a Tatuaje, which probably didn't help.

My initial thoughts as I lit the stick were pretty good but they turned sour the more I smoked. The burn was very uneven, the ash very flaky and the flavor wasn't very exciting (quite one dimensional). This was my first white label of a bunch that I have in my humi so perhaps my next smoke will be better. I've had these resting in my humi for about two weeks now but will probably benefit with more time, at least I hope. Also, I do need to keep in mind that this is a $3.50 cigar. At any rate, regardless of these things, my experience was easily forgettable.

What has made the smoke even less enjoyable is the fact that the cigar unraveled as time progressed. I've heard from a couple other guys who have had a similar experience. I would be interested to hear what others think of this stick. I'll probably just keep these buried in my humi for another month and try again.

I believe these are not long filler... probably not comparable to the other Tats.

You are definitely correct - they are a sandwich cigar (long and short filler).

This is a little unorthodox but earlier this evening I finally gave up on this cigar and went out and had some beers while watching the West Virginia/Louisville game. When I got home the Series P was still in my ashtray so I decided what the hell, and lit it up and although it was kind of messy (cigar unraveling) but I found the flavor more pronounced and enjoyable in the second half of the stick. I actually really enjoyed my second stab at this cigar despite the uneven burn, flaky ash and unraveling that continued to take place. My second experience tonight helped me realize that this cigar definitely has potential but definitely needs more time in the humi. Although I'm still a little skeptical, I'm much more optimistic with this cigar than what I was earlier this evening.

It's going to be hard for me to let these rest, but it sounds like thats the thing to do. If I'm not feeling to lazy I might post a review when mine get here.

Just to be clear, there's no short filler in these cigars... it is a long filler and medium filler, essentially leftovers from the Havana VI line. The blend is the same as the Havana VI.

I had my first last Mon. It was great. It has to be one of the best sub. $4 cigars around

Good to hear a positive review. I'm hoping that with a little more time in the humi, they'll get even better.

I'm letting mine rest a few weeks first at ~64 to see what that does for em

Just picked up some today.... for free....those are the best kind

I just picked up a box of the P4 in Al's "I'm Bored" blow out sale Friday. I'm looking forward to giving them a shot of joining the ranks of an everyday smoke. I'll let you know how they are.

It was a good smoke, I would pay 4-5 bucks a smoke for em....