• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje T110

marcsheldon

CP's official Architect
I thought I would review this cigar, since its fairly hard to come by. jfields recently did a good review as well and alot of my impressions echo his. I was gifted this cigar by a good customer of mine, he and I agreed to age them for about a year before firing them up.....that lasted about a week.

Size: 52 x 4.3"
Wrapper/Filler/Binder: Apperantly a Nicaraguan, Ligero puro.

A very dark oily wrapper. One of the oiliest I've ever seen. My favorite vitola is a petite robusto so this cigar was right up my alley. The pre-light aroma was very distinctive of your typical tatuaje/pepin variety. Did I mention it was very oily? /my first impression after lighting it up, I noticed what great wide open, effortless draw it had, which is why I love these sizes so much. It didn't take too long for the flavors and strength to kick in. I had a great flavor to it. The aroma was very toasty, almost like burnt toast, but in a good way. As jfield stated, it did settle down halfway into it. The toasty notes didn't subdue any, but it kinda transformed into a dark coffee flavor. As you can see, the burn was moslty even and consistant throughout. The ash held in tact for me very well, I think I only ashed twice. It started maturating into different flavors as it dwindled. Like a strong expresso or dark chocolate. The finish was stong and steady. I was sad to see this cigar go. It took me right at 55 minutes to finish it before I had to reluctantly lay it down. If I had to compare this cigar to anything it might be a "My Father", or even a graycliff expresso, though stronger that both. It didn't taste anything like a Ligero to me or even a double Ligero. There wasn't that "in your face" peppery taste that something like a LFD double has. Just a very bold, dark, full throttle bomb from start to finish. Definatly not a cigar for the casual smoker. But if you can make the swin to Hawaii, it's definatly worth it. I wish I had the shop's website to post on here, but I couldn't find it. Im sure someone on here has it they can post.
photo1-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo7.jpg

Nice review!

I'll have to give another one of these a go at some point. I never got the espresso, or dark chocolate from the one I had, just pretty much very earthy in your face tobacco. Good smoke that will certainly get better.

I agree, these are not for the beginner.

Excellent review and pics! I've got several and will be firing one up as soon as this nassy cold/flu mess I have goes away. Looking forward to trying one.

Very nice review. Wish I could get my hands on one. Did you use the app Color Splash for those pics?

Words can't describe how oily these are in person..

Great review! 1 week is pretty strong willpower for this smoke.. I'm having a hard time holding back.

I'm going to have to find a couple of these, since everyone raves about them.

I was gifted one of these and will probably be getting another 5er soon. It is sitting in my humi getting some age I guess. I am sure it won't sit in there long though.

Great Review BTW!

I just had one this sat and man was I in love with this cigar. I could not stop boasting of how wonderful it tasted and how great a cigar it was. For me it was one of the best Tats I have had lately.

Good review Marc. I have not had too many Tat's, but have really enjoyed the ones that I have experienced. I can't wait to get one of these at some point. I will have to keep an eye out on the b/t/s section to see if I can pick one up in a sampler or something. I really enjoy sticks that have an oily wrapper, and if I picked up on your comments correctly, I would say these fall under that category. Lately I find myself preferring a petite robusto as well, something that I can knock out in an hour and get back to whatever it is that I'm doing. Keep the reviews coming.

Nice review!

I'll have to give another one of these a go at some point. I never got the espresso, or dark chocolate from the one I had, just pretty much very earthy in your face tobacco. Good smoke that will certainly get better.

I agree, these are not for the beginner.

I just finished my first one of these bad boys about 20 minutes ago and I had a similar experience. Great smoke all round!! I gotta get a few more of these..