• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje TAA 2012

dannykcha

Here's what I've found out so far... Some info is conflicting/unclear, so take it for what it's worth. (info comes from various online sources, speaking to vendors/participants of the event late last month in Mexico, and etc.)

Here are some key points so far:

1. Pete Johnson tweeted last month asking what the next size should be, and was quoted before the event as saying that the "blend would be different".
BUT...
2. During the event, PJ said it would be "just as good as last year.", causing vendors to think that it would be the same.
3. Size or the cigar WILL be smaller than last year's box-pressed toro-ish size (54rg box-press, I believe. Really liked the size too)
4. Supposed to be a blend of Nicaraguan filler/binder, with perhaps a Conneticut Broadleaf wrapper.
5. Orders have already been placed/taken by vendors present at this year's TAA event.
6. Few vendors said "end of May", a couple said'"early Fall". My guess would be around the same time as last year (early Sept.)

Again, take the info for what it's worth. A few of the vendors are supposed to have more info soon, so if I hear back, I'll post anything new here.

Pete asked in March what the new size should be and they might be ready in May? Does that really make sense to anyone? Conjecture, supposition and postulation are not the cornerstones of a good business. It really makes it difficult to love the Brown label and the reserva SW when I read this high school drama bullshit about his cigar releases.

As much as I'd like to try some of these limited releases, its just not worth the hassle to me. I'll spend my time smoking cigars not chasing after them.

Pete asked in March what the new size should be and they might be ready in May? Does that really make sense to anyone? Conjecture, supposition and postulation are not the cornerstones of a good business. It really makes it difficult to love the Brown label and the reserva SW when I read this high school drama bullshit about his cigar releases.

Yeah, doesn't make sense me to me either (production time-wise). Maybe he asked to just build hype? I do hope it's the same blend though. I love/d the 2011. I even tired finding another box, but some place in Northern California is charging a "premium" of a 50% mark-up. Crazy.

Its a shame they would not ship to ya Danny, I'm not sure why some shpo's will ship no problem, and others are scared of it

Lefty

Found out some more info. I couldn't hear the person clearly, but "it's supposed to be a blend similar to the 2011, but more like the double-perfecto ....(part I couldn't hear).... and its reeleasing in September.". I'll keep you posted with any new info if there is any.

Anyone know what cigar she may be referring to?

I have 4 boxes of these coming my way. I can't wait to try them. If they are 1/2 as good as lay year, I will be happy.

I'm sure they'll be great cigars, Fishy, maybe even the finish will be dry on the boxes.

Doc

Take it you don't care for Tat's Docy?

These are the only ones I have chased. Last years was one of the best cigars I have smoked in a long time. And there were no issues with the finish, whatever that means.

I love the Brown label Tats. It's one of my favorite cigars. Evidently you don't know the story about one of Pete's limited issues that he rushed to market in boxes that weren't quite ready to have cigars put in them. Also you might want to search a bit to find out why some of us here love his cigars but ain't too crazy about Mr. Johnson.

Doc

I'm sure they'll be great cigars, Fishy, maybe even the finish will be dry on the boxes.

Doc

Wasn't the wet lacquer (I think it was lacquer) on the boxes to add flavor to the sticks? Mr. Johnson was just trying to add another layer of depth to his limited release smokes.

I just read Brooks' review on this stick, sounds like this release may be a keeper.