• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tell your story about getting sick...

jsm11 said:

I've had a few give me a queasy feeling, but nothing like last August during Kris's long ash contest.....

I chose a Padron 44th Family Reserve, and sitting there smoking it with my head tilted back in the same position for about two hours did me in. I never drank any water the whole time fearing the movement would cause me to drop the ash. Not to mention I pretty much sat there the whole time in that thick cloud of smoke. I felt the feeling come over me long before I stopped, but I plugged along. BIG MISTAKE!!!

When I finished, I had my daughter bring me some sugar hoping it would bring me around. I then ended up in the family room trying to get my shit together on the couch. When that didn't help, I went outside to sit on the back steps hoping that I would not puke and that the fresh air would help. Sweat was pouring off of me and my arms looked white as a ghost. I kept trying to reassure my little Charleigh that daddy was okay, but she knew something was about to happen as she ran to get mom out of bed. About the time Donella's feet hit the downstairs, the gates of hell opened up from the depths of my stomach. I had no idea there was that much inside of me! It was all I could do to hold on to the stair railing and not lurch forward face forward into that evil pile of shit! Somehow I managed with the help of my wife to make it upstairs and lay on the bed. She tried to help me out of my sweat soaked clothes as she spoke soft words of encouragement..... All I could respond with is "Don't move me! Don't touch me! Just leave me the F#@ck alone!" 

:laugh: This made me laugh a lot! I'm glad that I wasn't the only one that felt like crap for Kri's long ash contest. Next time just do what I did, go in the shower, that helped me a lot! I was pale as a ghost as well and sweating more than a marathon runner.

:laugh:  Reminds me of a roommate that I grew up with, he'd get drunk and just head to the shower to sleep...lol  

:laugh: Hey, it happens to the best of us!

jfields said:
I've had a few give me a queasy feeling, but nothing like last August during Kris's long ash contest.....

I chose a Padron 44th Family Reserve, and sitting there smoking it with my head tilted back in the same position for about two hours did me in. I never drank any water the whole time fearing the movement would cause me to drop the ash. Not to mention I pretty much sat there the whole time in that thick cloud of smoke. I felt the feeling come over me long before I stopped, but I plugged along. BIG MISTAKE!!!

When I finished, I had my daughter bring me some sugar hoping it would bring me around. I then ended up in the family room trying to get my shit together on the couch. When that didn't help, I went outside to sit on the back steps hoping that I would not puke and that the fresh air would help. Sweat was pouring off of me and my arms looked white as a ghost. I kept trying to reassure my little Charleigh that daddy was okay, but she knew something was about to happen as she ran to get mom out of bed. About the time Donella's feet hit the downstairs, the gates of hell opened up from the depths of my stomach. I had no idea there was that much inside of me! It was all I could do to hold on to the stair railing and not lurch forward face forward into that evil pile of shit! Somehow I managed with the help of my wife to make it upstairs and lay on the bed. She tried to help me out of my sweat soaked clothes as she spoke soft words of encouragement..... All I could respond with is "Don't move me! Don't touch me! Just leave me the F#@ck alone!" 

whylieineedacigar said:

:laugh: This made me laugh a lot! I'm glad that I wasn't the only one that felt like crap for Kri's long ash contest. Next time just do what I did, go in the shower, that helped me a lot! I was pale as a ghost as well and sweating more than a marathon runner.

Haha, you two wimps!  :D  At least you both now have practice for this years upcoming long ash contest.

Funny story, I've had a few cigars kick my ass a bit, but the worst one is the best story.  I was out in a tiny, shitty wooden boat fishing the reef in Belize along Ambergris Caye.  Catching all kind of fish all afternoon, rocking in this tiny boat and sitting in the sun.  So why not fire up an Opus?  Problem is, I'm about 10-15 minutes into the cigar and I hook a big fish (Red Snapper), cigar in mouth and both hands can't get off the rod to do anything about it.  So I spent the next 10 minutes (it seems) trying to be careful to not lose this fish, sucking on this Opus with no way to put it down.  Finally land the fish, it was a great catch and made really tasty fish tacos later that day on the grill with fresh onions and peppers and tortillas from in town.  But in the process I power-smoked most of that Opus and combined with being on the ocean it destroyed me.