• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ten New Cigar Box Clocks For Sale

I've read through the CigarPass.com Policies section, the description for "Hot Cigar Deals" and description for "CigarPass.com Website Information", no where did I see a policy that states you have to list prices. As a matter of fact, there's several posts in the Hot Cigar Deals forum that don't have pricing, but have links to other websites where pricing is explained. So I guess I'm just wondering why this post is being singled out? There's a select few that try to make my F/S posts into issues, and that's fine, it's in no way discouraging to me. If someone has interest in a clock, that's great, if not, that's fine too, we don't all want the same things.

Because cigars and accessories can be compared to msrp and those retailers are operating a business selling cigars and accessories. Your tacky clocks on the other hand can't be compared in this way. I figure they're worth about 5 bucks... free box + crap hardware.

So in the interest of you not looking like a squirming little bitch how about you post prices? Just a suggestion.

NA
You actually have a great point, the others in the Hot Cigar Deals section are retailers, and I'm not, but it's you and your bunch who wanted me to post the clocks in that section, so I complied. And now you bitch again. If you want to make me a retailer, that's fine, then I determine MSRP for my items/products, if you don't want to consider me a retailer, then I'll go back to posting in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, however, it'll be just as entertaining to see you try to explain to me how that's wrong now too.

In the end it's simple, if you're interested in a clock, that's great, if not, that's great too.

So in the interest of you not looking like a ornery old bastard how about you kiss my ass? Just a suggestion.

How much are the clocks?

I don't have a bunch... and I didn't bitch about anything. I consider you a squirming little git not a retailer but as far as you "creating" msrp on your tacky clocks that's fine with me.

How much are they? Is there a discount if the buyer still has wheels on his house?

NA

General Rules

1.) If you're new to the community, first and foremost post an introduction in the "Introduce Yourself" section of the forum. It's always nice to know who the new members are, and learn a little about them.

2.) Read more, post less. Especially if you're new to the site. Learn the ropes, and understand what this community is all about. Don't join CP and expect to command the community.

3.) Don't take offense to constructive criticism. We are a strong community and we do all we can in order to maintain integrity.

4.) Passes & Group Buys. If you're unsure of any type of procedure, PLEASE speak with an established member. They are here to help you along. Never do something if you're unsure.

5.) Don't take offense to harmless ribbing. People will joke around. No harm is meant by it.

6.) If you feel a member is doing wrong, please CONSTRUCTIVELY attempt to point him in the right direction. Do not do it by name calling or in a less than mature manner. If the member does not heed your advice, contact CigarPass.com and we will intervene.

7.) Deleting posts after you have posted is NOT allowed (unless under rare circumstances). Only edit your post to correct a typo. If you are found editing a post in order to cover up the original message, your account will be suspended, and you may be banned. Your reputation is earned through your actions.

8.) Do not bash other cigar related sites. We don't care what other sites do or how they are run. If you're at CP, you're here for a reason.

9.) If you have a personal problem with another member, take it to Email. Do not post your drama publicly on the forum.

10.) Absolutely no discussion of politics, religion, etc. These are very touchy subjects and often create arguments.

11.) Emotions ca n easily be misconstrued. Unfortunately we are an internet based forum where no person to person contact is possible. With that, people can easily mistake someone's post/comment the wrong way. If you find yourself in this situation, attempt to resolve it via Email and not on the public forum.

12.) ZERO DRAMA POLICY. If you aim to create drama, you will not be welcome here. There's enough drama in everyday life, let's try and maintain a friendly environment.

13.) No one is above the rules. If you want to maintain your membership at CigarPass.com, we ask that you please act like an adult.

14.) If you don't have something positive to add to a thread, don't post.

15.) Do not create more than one account on the forum.

16.) Do not create a cigar pass in order to gain from others.

17.) Auctioning off items is strictly prohibited. If you wish to sell something, set a price and sell it.

18.) We are a large community with members from all over the world. Everyone has their own opinion. While you may disagree with the way CP is run, we will not tolerate members who try to change the way we do things. We have developed a well defined protocol over the years which works very well. If you have suggestions or comments, we are always open to hearing them. Simply send us an email with your thoughts.

Thanks, found that on the main page now after you posted it. Thanks for clarifying.

LMAO@ Gary! :laugh:

Wade, why allow the situation to go this far. Members have simply asked for pricing, as is the common practice on CP.
Simply comply, we all move on and the members will have no cause to put you under the microscope.

Brian

Wade, why allow the situation to go this far. Members have simply asked for pricing, as is the common practice on CP.
Simply comply, we all move on and the members will have no cause to put you under the microscope.

Brian

Doggone it Brian! That makes too much sense! Stop doing that, would ya... :angry:

BTW - did you watch the Danny Bonaduce special on the Biography Channel? Some people (like Danny) just really like to be the focus of attention, no matter what the reason is... Being on the Patridge Family, beating up transvestites, being arrested for drug offenses, skirting the rules... Good or bad, it is attention! :cool:

And just what is it with tick-tock and ass kissing... Geez....

Your wrong George. It's not attention. It's perverted sex. He enjoys his beatings.

Doc

I was totally not aware that it was policy to list prices, I know a lot do here, and I always thought it a good idea. However the initial decision I made was to not list them as to not give more fuel for those who like to start fires. Once it was shown to me where it was written, I immediately changed it without issue. So compliance was done right after I saw that it was in fact a policy, and I've got no problems with that at all.

Unfortunately, there are members here who will look for every chance they can to get me between those glass plates, which is fine, if that's how they want to spend their day and amuse themselves, I'm fine with that.

Brian

I was totally not aware that it was policy to list prices, I know a lot do here, and I always thought it a good idea. However the initial decision I made was to not list them as to not give more fuel for those who like to start fires. Once it was shown to me where it was written, I immediately changed it without issue. So compliance was done right after I saw that it was in fact a policy, and I've got no problems with that at all.

Unfortunately, there are members here who will look for every chance they can to get me between those glass plates, which is fine, if that's how they want to spend their day and amuse themselves, I'm fine with that.

Brian
But first you had to get all "butt hurt" like we were picking on you and pitch a fit. It had to be about you since you couldn't possibly be wrong.

As for kissing your ass... you'd never go back to women if I did... but that wouldn't narrow the field much... I've seen your picture.
Have nice day tictoc.

NA

Brian
But first you had to get all "butt hurt" like we were picking on you and pitch a fit. It had to be about you since you couldn't possibly be wrong.

As for kissing your ass... you'd never go back to women if I did... but that wouldn't narrow the field much... I've seen your picture.
Have nice day tictoc.

NA
You couldn't be more wrong with everything you said, except for telling me to have a nice day.

This is fucking ridiculous.

And just since we're nitpicking and getting all anal about the details, the rule that was quoted earlier says to set a price and sell it, but does not specify that the price must be posted publicly. Sure, that's traditionally the way we've done things, but it's not an actual "rule". Wade's been around long enough and has proven that he's not a scammer or out to selectively rip off members, so why don't we just drop the bullshit excuses for trying to call him out and just get to the point and have at it.

Maybe we can start an exclusive sub-forum where people can go ahead and start entire threads to call each other out and get in their girl-fights. That way it won't keep cluttering up the rest of the board.

If he would have just posted prices to begin with all this could have been avoided. Having to PM for prices could indicate different prices for different members.

I've never seen "market place" vendors not post prices. Bad form...As well as the kiss my ass comment diirected at NA.

And just since we're nitpicking and getting all anal about the details, the rule that was quoted earlier says to set a price and sell it, but does not specify that the price must be posted publicly. Sure, that's traditionally the way we've done things, but it's not an actual "rule". Wade's been around long enough and has proven that he's not a scammer or out to selectively rip off members, so why don't we just drop the bullshit excuses for trying to call him out and just get to the point and have at it.

Maybe we can start an exclusive sub-forum where people can go ahead and start entire threads to call each other out and get in their girl-fights. That way it won't keep cluttering up the rest of the board.

Gonz Wade has ripped of plenty of members on this board, myself included. And I don't know how asking for free cigar boxes, adding a $5 clock, and selling it for $40 is not ripping off this community. And I guess selling cigars that were gifted to him is not looked down upon here either?? It seems that Wade is trying to benefit from the generosity of this community, and I don't like that.

Brandon

Gonz Wade has ripped of plenty of members on this board, myself included. And I don't know how asking for free cigar boxes, adding a $5 clock, and selling it for $40 is not ripping off this community. And I guess selling cigars that were gifted to him is not looked down upon here either?? It seems that Wade is trying to benefit from the generosity of this community, and I don't like that.

Brandon

Interesting information. I was not personally aware that he was re-selling gifted boxes without consent of the sender. I wonder how much he is making per hour if you figure it takes probably 15 mintues (or less for a skilled craftsman) to make one... :whistling:

Brandon

Interesting information. I was not personally aware that he was re-selling gifted boxes without consent of the sender. I wonder how much he is making per hour if you figure it takes probably 15 mintues (or less for a skilled craftsman) to make one... :whistling:
I BEG you to find someone who sent me boxes for nothing, that didn't give me consent to turn them into clocks and sell them. I've never asked for free boxes once on this site or any other, any time I've asked for a box(s) I've always sent something to cover the cost and shipping or whatever the person sending the box was asking for it. If you're going to make accusations like this Brandon, you better have the ammunition to back it up, same for you Drew.

Brandon

I BEG you to find someone who sent me boxes for nothing, that didn't give me consent to turn them into clocks and sell them. I've never asked for free boxes once on this site or any other, any time I've asked for a box(s) I've always sent something to cover the cost and shipping or whatever the person sending the box was asking for it. If you're going to make accusations like this Brandon, you better have the ammunition to back it up, same for you Drew.

Well, from the sounds of it, hojadepuro has in some way shape or form helped you acquire a box. I commented on it because this is the first that I have heard from somebody who (from the sounds of it) sent you a box and isn't OK with you putting $5 worth of parts into it and re-selling it for $40.

In either event, I don't think the entire issue is you being sent boxes for nothing, it is a BOTL profiting from another BOTL. For example. Say if I purchase or trade an Anejo from another member. I come up with a clever idea to attach a clock to it (worth $5), to make it a cigar-clock. Would it be right for me to sell it for $40? I admit that is a pretty far-fetched comparison, and it sounds downright stupid, but if you think for a minute...what are you doing differently?

Brandon

Well, from the sounds of it, hojadepuro has in some way shape or form helped you acquire a box. I commented on it because this is the first that I have heard from somebody who (from the sounds of it) sent you a box and isn't OK with you putting $5 worth of parts into it and re-selling it for $40.

In either event, I don't think the entire issue is you being sent boxes for nothing, it is a BOTL profiting from another BOTL. For example. Say if I purchase or trade an Anejo from another member. I come up with a clever idea to attach a clock to it (worth $5), to make it a cigar-clock. Would it be right for me to sell it for $40? I admit that is a pretty far-fetched comparison, and it sounds downright stupid, but if you think for a minute...what are you doing differently?

What difference does it make even if someone did give him the boxes? So what!! It seems that every time Wade has something to say or sell on this forum he gets his ass slammed. I have only had a few dealings with Wade but he has always been stand-up to me if he has screwed you in the past speak up or leave him alone. This is some child-like behavior guys. As far as the Clocks go either buy one or don't it doesn't matter if he is charging 250 dollars for them. It is starting to sound like a bash Wade every time he post. He is a good craftsman and is proud of his work I would be too.

Back