• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thanks for having us CAO Sale!

CigarMasters

As an offering of good will we at Cigar Masters would like to offer 50% off all boxes of CAO! We have just about every line and size in stock so try the new Brazilia Box Press or CAO Gold Maduro at a great price.

Call us at 617-266-4400 and ask for Patrick or Tom to place your orders and as we look forward to your business and support.

Thank you and Long Ashes,

Cigar Masters

As an offering of good will we at Cigar Masters would like to offer 50% off all boxes of CAO! We have just about every line and size in stock so try the new Brazilia Box Press or CAO Gold Maduro at a great price.

Call us at 617-266-4400 and ask for Patrick or Tom to place your orders and as we look forward to your business and support.

Cigar Masters

Are you the same Cigar Masters as CigarMasters.com?

I believe so. I've visited their Boylston St. shop. Nice. Their Providence location opened after we left RI.

50% off on Criollos too? Maybe now I can share the Moontrance love with my skeptical CP brothers and sisters. :p

Wilkey

Cigar Masters

Are you the same Cigar Masters as CigarMasters.com?

Yes we are one and the same! And yes, All boxes of CAO in stock are at 50% off.

Thank you!

Cigar Masters

Just a quick question, how long are you planning on running this sale? Thanks.

I'm naive on these things. I just called and talked with Tom. I was ready to order a box of LAnniversaire Maduro Belicosa expecting a price of $77. Instead it was $127.75 before shipping. Apparently the reg. box price at Cigar Masters is well over $200. I was assuming from other online web pages that the regular box price is $154 so half would have been $77. Perhaps the retail stores have to maintain a higher mark-up? A couple of the online shops I checked with are selling the same box for $124 and one as low as $108 with free shipping...

So I guess here's the question. Is there such a thing as a manufacturer's suggested retail price for a box of cigars?

Thanks - Rick

I'm naive on these things. I just called and talked with Tom. I was ready to order a box of LAnniversaire Maduro Belicosa expecting a price of $77. Instead it was $127.75 before shipping. Apparently the reg. box price at Cigar Masters is well over $200. I was assuming from other online web pages that the regular box price is $154 so half would have been $77. Perhaps the retail stores have to maintain a higher mark-up? A couple of the online shops I checked with are selling the same box for $124 and one as low as $108 with free shipping...

So I guess here's the question. Is there such a thing as a manufacturer's suggested retail price for a box of cigars?

Thanks - Rick

Of course there is. Some manufacturers will tell you NOT to discount certain cigars at all (Fuente, Ashton, Davidoff, etc..). Others might tell you which ones can be discounted and which cannot be. There are also some which prohibit retailers from selling them above their SRP. However, all of them come with an MSRP.

$92 for a box of Brazilia box pressed..plus shipping... :sign:, sorry dont seem like much of a sale. I think I will stick to my regular shops...Just my .02!

Cigarmasters - I didn't see where it stated not to send a PM, so I've sent a PM for a price on a box of Italia Novellas. Thanks.

Cigarmasters - I didn't see where it stated not to send a PM, so I've sent a PM for a price on a box of Italia Novellas. Thanks.

Would I not be able to pick up a box of Italia...pretty much any size...for anywhere from $90 to $120 (max)? Just wanting to make sure I'm not loopy or anything.

Thanks.

Guys, being from beantown i thought i would chime in here.

CM is a nice shop. However they carter the crowd that doesnt care what they are spending on smokes and sometimes what they are smoking. They are located in one of the more expensive shopping areas of boston. Lots of out of towners in on business end up their.

Most of their sticks are waaayyyyy over MSRP.

They have the benefit of being one of the few places where you can smoke in Boston.

Also, if you bring your own smokes to the bar they charge you a lighting fee of $10. But if I go in and smoke cigarettes and order a drink, no fee.

The are not a true B&M in the sense many of use would consider them. The are an upscale cigar bar.

Again nice place to visit, but do not expect any deals here.

Just my $.02

Al

Lighting and pouring fees are common and IMO acceptable. For those who don't, I will still patronize them as my host. Even in Colorado where taxes frequently take a smoke well above MSRP, I'll make a reasonable purchase before availing myself to a cigar.

Lighting and pouring fees are common and IMO acceptable. For those who don't, I will still patronize them as my host. Even in Colorado where taxes frequently take a smoke well above MSRP, I'll make a reasonable purchase before availing myself to a cigar.

Bruce-

I understand and agree with your post. The lighting fee counts towards the tobacco related revenue which is how they gain exemption from the no-smoking laws.

But it does bother me that it does not apply to all patrons who enter and smoke. They call themselves a cigar bar and discriminate against their cigar smoking patrons.

I also have never visited CM without making a reasonable (or sometimes significant) purchase of drinks.

My main point of the post was about their prices. They fall more towards a boutique shop than a traditional B&M.

Al