• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

That's what I get for prejudging.

thefatguy

TheFatGuy
I thought I'd share this story.
I was just at a customers house and noticed a Padron ashtray. It was empty and there was another ashtray filed with cigarette butts.
I asked if he was a cigar smoker and he said, "Yes, I've been smoking a while. I don't smoke much in the winter, but I'm in a club so they keep sending me cigars. Thompson, I think. I'll give you some before you leave."
I gave a polite thank you, I appreciate that. In my mind I was thinking, "Great, more cigars to give away (to those who don't really smoke). What do I have in my truck? I'll give this guy a couple of REAL cigars."
I grabbed two sticks and put them aside and went back to work.
As I'm putting my tools away he walked out with a hand full of cigars. Right away, from about 15 ft away, I noticed what had to be a Padron 64 or 26. When he handed me these cigars I was blown away. There were several 1926 Padron's, a Siglo, and a RP 1990, and Padron x000.
He then said to me, "I really hope you like the darker cigars, I only smoke the maduro's."
I started to laugh and thank him. I told him the whole Thompson club thing threw me for a loop and I didn't expect him to bring out such quality.
He was a great BOTL and I was wrong for prejudging.

awesome!!!  Its always awesome to hear about "relationships" people form and also increase because of cigars.

Nice story man ! I wish I could have some real cigar smokers around here. All I have is people that think Colts are the shit! lol

Feeling the love!!! :love:   For sure a great brother!

The spoils of war. Wow, talk about getting hit by the silver bullet. Good for you, nice of him.

Edit for spelling.

Sweet!

I pre-judge everyone, then dare them to prove me wrong....you might be surprised how many times your first instinct is the best.

Glad it workes out different for you, always glad to make a new friend over a cigar...

Tim

Nice. The Thompson's thing would have gotten me too.

Nice story. You need to get him hooked up with our own Keystoneraider if he is buying Padrons from Thomspon!

Very nice story indeed. Always good to share the hobby with a fellow BOTL.