• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The ACID reviews...

I had a nice long review wrote up then the CP server ate it... :rolleyes:

So short and sweet.

1000816kr2.jpg

KUBA KUBA! aka PLASTIC FANTASTIC!!!

This cigar totally blew me away. Once I washed the cotton candy syrup off the tip :sign:

I read Bfree's review so it was with great trepidation that I put my mouth to the cut tip of this cigar...

ACK! SPIT! HACK! SPIT! HACK!

Good fucking grief!! I had no idea that spraying the heads of cigars with Nutrasweet was legal. I tasted the wrapper near the foot and it tasted almost normal so Drew Estates has decided that leaving the Kuba Kuba stew in a room of toxic waste wasn't enough. No, not even close, so they decided to dip it in Willy Wonka's ass.

So I took it to the sink and washed the tip off with cold water. Note it is impossible to completely get rid of the sugary saccharin taste but washing it gets enough off that you can smoke it.

Once that was accomplished it wasn't that bad of a cigar. Pretty mild and it had a vague chemical taste that wasn't so overpowering to make you put it out.

In fact I almost nubbed it.

1000818ix5.jpg

And thats when I noticed it...

1000817ym7.jpg

Like a hit of 5% Salvia the chemicals added to the Kuba Kuba shift reality just a little bit. You feel woozy and a tad uneasy. Not a pleasant feeling and one I hope never to experience again (fat chance since I still have most of the tin to smoke). My days of "mind altering exploration" are long over, but I am now starting to understand who Drew Estates is marketing these cigars towards. After just 3 ACIDS I already firmly believe that I'll never be a fan.

Shawn

:laugh:

great thread- you guys are to be commended for being brave enough to do this.

Me... I'm sitting back, smoking a CoRo on my deck laughing my ass off at ya! ;)

Very interesting undertaking, gentlemen. What brought all this on?

Wilkey and I had big mouths and are now paying for it.

and @ Jim I have a nice Punch Punch waiting on me after this self inflicted torture is over.

I braved the horrible weather today to bring you...

grafik1wv7.jpg

ATOM MADURO!!!

with the rain coming down like its the end of the world I fired up this Apocalyptic cigar.

1000838be8.jpg

and it was pretty damn cold as well (thats °c BTW)

1000841uo0.jpg

but I put on my goretex duck hunting clothes, and went outside anyway. I want this shit behind me so I can light up a good cigar lol (I haven't smoked any other cigars since I started these reviews)

The tip of the Atom Maduro is also pre-sweetened but nowhere as vile as the Kuba Kuba, instead of Willy Wonka it tastes like they dipped it in Aunt Jemima's cooze. And it turns out that while the old dame might have been shocked by the insertion, it was a good choice because this cigar is NUTTY! Peanuts, Almonds, Hazelnuts, you name it its probably in there. Loosely filled the Atom burns a tad hot but if you take slow puffs it is pretty good. So far this is the best of the bunch. Would I seek out another? Hell no. But at least this cigar didn't send my ample gut to churning.

1000839ey4.jpg

As the nuclear winter settled in around me. I noticed no bad aftertaste or pungent taste to the smoke. Just the nutty taste and a hint of torf.

So as I wave goodbye, the blast of radiation slowly sapping my will to live, I'll give this cigar a solid C+

1000842as5.jpg

Shawn

P.S. Wilkey the "Ming" and "Toast" are up next... I want to get rid of the last of the big cigars A.S.A.P.

Shawn,

Shortly after I smoked the first two Acids, I developed a sinus infection. Yep, caught it from my little girl. She's on strawberry-flavored amoxicillin emulsion and tomorrow I'm going to get my amox pills after I visit the infirmary.

So, I'm out of commission for over a week. I reckon you can take a break until I recoupe or just get it over with quickly. Up to you. I'll catch up when I'm able to smoke again.

Wilkey

Having a Sinus Infection might make them taste better lol.

Ok I'll take a week off and smoke some good cigars until your up and running again bro.

Not a cigar review... however I'd like to state that other than maybe Nyquil that the C-Note cigarillos are without a doubt the foulest thing I've ever tasted.

:( So much for a quick smoke in the rain.

LOL…
The personal sacrifices made in the name of reviewing these “cigars” are just remarkable.
Well done, now smoke a real cigar.

LOL…
The personal sacrifices made in the name of reviewing these “cigars” are just remarkable.
Well done, now smoke a real cigar.

I'd love to but its raining like hell outside... thats why I thought I'd grab one of the C-Notes... what damn mistake that was!

Not a cigar review... however I'd like to state that other than maybe Nyquil that the C-Note cigarillos are without a doubt the foulest thing I've ever tasted.

:( So much for a quick smoke in the rain.
I gotta agree. Although I have not been smoking (two more days until I'm done with the amoxicillin) I did tuck a C-note in my mouth just to get the sensation of tobacco until I could smoke again. Unlike most flavored cigars that are just sugar coated at the tip, this thing was syrup sweet even as I kept cutting bit after bit off as it got wet. Very strange. I think this thing must actually have been soaked in some sort of flavoring solution.

Wilkey

Unlike most flavored cigars that are just sugar coated at the tip, this thing was syrup sweet even as I kept cutting bit after bit off as it got wet. Very strange. I think this thing must actually have been soaked in some sort of flavoring solution.

Wilkey
Shudder, good luck with that one... ???

OK Wilkey... I refuse to believe your still sick :sign:

Get your missing ACID reviews up so we can get to emptying the tin lol

Diane wants mine for her colored pencils :laugh:

OK Wilkey... I refuse to believe your still sick :sign:

Get your missing ACID reviews up so we can get to emptying the tin lol

Diane wants mine for her colored pencils :laugh:
Goshdarnit. I was hoping to make it past Christmas. :p

I'll do the Atom Maduro and Kuba Kuba tonight. You can fire up the first of the next pair at your convenience.

Wilkey