• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The American Supercar

Slick looking body on that car. A few more interior shots and specs might be nice though. Any idea if this is past the prototype phase?

Googled it - link below with a good article on the car...but here's the important part:
"The 2010 Devon GTX is motivated by a 8.4 liter V10 powerplant that is good enough to pump out 650HP at 6,100 revs. The aluminium powerplant that is mated to a 6 speed manual transmission (with a single-point mounting system for the shifter assembly that is attached directly to the body structure providing an extremely solid, stiff, and “tunable” unit) features Variable Valve Timing (VVT), strengthened bulkheads and large-sized water jackets to ensure optimal cooling as well as pressed-in iron cylinder liners and cross-bolted main bearing caps to improve strength and durability."

Linky

Looks like a studebaker avanti had sex with a TVR Tuscan.

Drivetrain sounds like it will be nice though.

The Devon reminds me of an Aston Martin mixed with a future Dodge Viper. I like it!

The Devon reminds me of an Aston Martin mixed with a future Dodge Viper. I like it!

I agree. Being a huge Aston fan, I can see why I was immediately drawn to it.

I've always hard a hardon for THIS car....

Ahh, the fire breather. Did you know you get a custom pair of driving shoes made by the Pope's cobbler when you buy a CCX? Always nice to get a freebie when you spend $700,000+ on a car. Never thought the Sweds would make such a powerful car, considering they're known for the Volvo :D

This is my vote. I will own one of these one day.
The GTM by Factory Five Racing
From their website:
Lightning in a World of Thunder

In a world where thundering Supercars routinely crest 3500 lbs, the track-tested and tuned 2350 lb. GTM is a refreshing return to sportscar fundamentals. Factory Five lightning strikes with a hp/wt ratio similar to that of a Daytona Prototype. With a stock LS7 powerplant, the car maintains a 4.8 lbs per hp ratio. Connected to the pavement via huge 335 series rear tires, it enjoys acceleration numbers better than almost any production vehicle on the road today.

The GTM is faster 0-60 mph than a Ferrari Enzo, a Porsche GT, a Saleen Twin Turbo S7, a Ford GT, and a Lamborghini Mucielago*! The GTM even beats out a Champ car to 60 mph! **

0-60 in 3.0 seconds!

0-100 in 6.6 seconds!

¼ mile in 11.0 seconds @ 132 mph!

But a Supercar isn’t just defined by acceleration. The GTM’s ultra-stout, ultra light space frame chassis and deep breathing LS Series V-8 power combine with modern suspension and brake components to deliver Supercar performance in braking and roadholding as well.

The GTM stops and turns just as fiercely or moreso than the rest of the Supercar gang. With stock Corvette brakes, the GTM slows to a stop from 70 mph in only 166 feet, outbraking the mighty $157,000 Ford GT. That was STOCK Corvette brakes, not $30,000 carbon/ceramic.

Want roadholding? The GTM turns faster than it falls thru the air. Car and Driver measured a phenomenal 1.05 lateral G on street DOT tires. To put that in context, the Ferrari Enzo is the only car that matches it!

The car is light and aerodynamic, with excellent weight distribution and precise race-car handling/braking derived from the Chevrolet Corvette C-5. The car uses potent GM LS series engine power and Corvette suspension/brakes with Koni brand coil-over shocks and a Porsche 911 transaxle to get the job done.

DSC01330.jpg

This would be my choice

http://www.yearone.com/yodnn/BanIII/tabid/74/Default.aspx

This would be my choice

http://www.yearone.com/yodnn/BanIII/tabid/74/Default.aspx

That is pretty slick. The Big 3 have been using retro designs in some of the newer vehicles, so why not take the look of a classic and keep it more old with a few minor updates (flush mounted glass etc). Even the Ban II would be a fun car to drive!