• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Balvenie 21 yo PortWood

$102 out the door is a GREAT price. Beats the best I can come up with by $4. If you do take a pick of the box send it to me and I'll stick it in the first post.

That is a great price I just paid $160 at the NH SLS. Luckily I had a $50 gift card to help offset some of the sticker shock...

Great scotch though. Interesting flavor profile and very smooth, a definite winner. Not sure it is worth 2.5x the 15yo though but, come to think of it, I am not sure what is.

LOL (Crying out loud is more appropriate) at the prices in these older threads. I just went to the state liqour store here in Utah and the 21 is $197 a bottle.

That is out of line. I think it is going on sale here for $130 next month ($140 regular now) if it does and you want one I can ship one to you for under $150. It has really gone up in the last 3 years.

LOL (Crying out loud is more appropriate) at the prices in these older threads. I just went to the state liqour store here in Utah and the 21 is $197 a bottle.

Sorry...I just checked online and the state lists it at $199 for the 21.

For giggles, check out what Utah carries:

My link

Some of the prices aren't too bad. You can still get Aberlour 16 for $54 and the Balvenie 17 is only $99 which is really pretty good.

I hear ya. I remember just 3 years ago I could get a bottle of HP18 for under $60 now they are going for over $100 here. This was always my go to bottle but, I have had to change with the times.

Don't they know the state of the economy? Shaking fist at the sky. :)

BTW $199 seems a bit crazy. FWIW I thought $160 was a bit much but my impulse control was lacking and I wanted that Perty Balvenie bottle. The quality of the hooch cannot be denied though damn good dram.

Hmmmm! I'm down to whisky or cigars, this sounds very enticing. :cool:
Why would you only pick one or the other....c'mon...it's like peanut butter and jelly..they go together! ;o)

I just picked up (and did serious damage to) my very first bottle of this . . . three thoughts:

1. Damn, that is incredibly good Scotch. Smoooooooooooth. :love:
2. Prices sure have escalated since Ray's review. I paid $166 for it, and that at Texas' biggest discount booze chain, Spec's.
3. Damn, that is incredibly good Scotch. Smoooooo . . . . :D

~Boar

Yeah, the price has gone up a fair amount in the last 5 years. Still a great scotch for the money.

Sounds very tasty!

Thanks for the review.

85 in '05 to 99' to 212.00 in '12. Crazy how prices go up now. The price is the only thing keeping on the fence about this one.

I don't really look at the price of Balvenie 21 because a couple years ago I found it in tubes for something like $86 each and I bought a few, but I can't believe the price has gone up to over $200 in some places!

That is crazy. The damage is done though, so enjoy what is an exceptional whisky. If you decide you want more and can't find it locally, the place Randy pointed out does free shipping for that bottle and they have some pretty good prices on other items.

Chiefmd, sorry if I spoiled your birthday as that certainly wasn't my intent.

It's really odd how up and down scotch prices can be depending on what part of the country you buy from.

I hope you enjoyed the scotch it's one of my favorites.

That link is a good price. I probably wouldnt pay the 200 again until my 40th haha.