• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Benefits of Smoking Fewer Cigars

effinwill

1). I have been smoking some really nice stuff without being too concerned about the price.

2). The wife isn't such a nag anymore.

3). Some of the lighter, more subtle cigars are tasting mighty fine. Recent HdM and an HU were unbelievably good, memorable smokes.

4.) I may actually be able to age something other than dog rockets. :thumbs:

YMMV

I'd rather smoke one premium cigar a week than 2 or 3 cheap ones. The enjoyment from the one, far outweighs the 2 or 3.

Don't forget, if you smoke less, the humidor will hold the cigars longer.
And, you tend to be more patient for the super deals to jump on.

Man, there always seems to be some great deal I don't want to pass up. When it comes to cigars I'm like a chick at the mall during the after Xmas sales.

......meph. I usually smoke one good cigar a day. Small price to pay for sanity and an hour of peace and quiet.... :cool:

I can't see the benefit of smoking less so I'll proceed to proceed - B.B.S.

IMHO, one phenomenal cigar per week is far better than a few decent smokes, or half of a dozen dog rockets...

I only smoke 1-2 a week and that is only in the Spring and Summer. They are almost always top shelf and price is not an issue. Rarely do I exceed $30 a week regardless of my choices.

Man, there always seems to be some great deal I don't want to pass up. When it comes to cigars I'm like a chick at the mall during the after Xmas sales.
Same here! It takes everything in my power to not break the bank on smokes.

Can someone give me the number to "Cigar Smokers Anonymous".

If I could afford to smoke a high quality cigar every night of the week I'd do it in a heartbeat. Since I can't though, having 2 or 3 good ones a week beat having 7 mediocre ones.

I smoke 3-4 what y'all would call "mediocre" sticks a day. I have the time needed because I'm retired. I guess I just love tobacco and nicotine.... :) When I was working, I'd smoke one CC each work day and no, they weren't "mediocre".

Dan

I would like to smoke some more super premiums but it gets so expensive! I guess I'll just keep smoking my average cigar (R&J Bully) I believe that by smoking these on a regular basis makes me enjoy the super premiums (Opus) even more when I do get the chance to get them.
Just my opinion
Cigar Chief

Being a newbie I am rapidly becoming a believer in the quality over quantity school of thought. I limit my cigar smoking to one each weekend evening and I intend to continue that way. Just about every cigar I smoke is a new experience. I am gradually beginning to accumulate some good cigars and once the beads and hygrometer arrive for the cooler I really intend to step up the accumulation. My goal is to put together a collection of top level smokes that I can share with folks and PIF.

The obvious downside to smoking fewer cigars is that you find yourself smoking a cigar less frequently. And, maybe some tasty monster smokes are a little less accessible.

My tongue, my wallet and my wife all appreciate the move to quality over quantity. Speaking of tongue and wife, I think I'm outta here. :love:

......meph. I usually smoke one good cigar a day. Small price to pay for sanity and an hour of peace and quiet.... :cool:

I can't see the benefit of smoking less so I'll proceed to proceed - B.B.S.
Well said Tom.

I too smoke one good cigar a day. As I light it up I think about what or whom the stick is celebrating. Usually it's about how fortunate I am. :love:
Some days I search for the best stick in my collection, why...because I deserve it. :cool:

And...so we proceed.

Brian

I smoke one every two or three weeks, so I smoke a primium stick. I dont think I would enjoy it more, if I smoked more.

For me, part of a enjoying a cigar is the buzz. If I smoke em all the time I don't get that buzz anymore.

Just returned from Vegas, where obviously the one-stick-a-day rule is not in effect. Went HU46, PSP2, Boli PC, Tat West Zone over three days. Definitely felt like an indulgence - the Upmanns in particular are blowing me away. :)

BTW, I did not mean to put anybody on the defensive re: their cigar smoking. My own motivation to cut back was 80% financial, so there it is. Y'all supply the sticks and I'll smoke one every day with you. :)

For me, part of a enjoying a cigar is the buzz. If I smoke em all the time I don't get that buzz anymore.

I dont get it when people say this. Is it simply b/c I dont get a 'buzz' when I'm smoking or what? At times if I smoke something too strong for me, I get the feeling I might puke, but that's no buzz. Always wondered about this.

(For me...I don't need a buzz, I just love the relaxation cigars offer me. A time to sit back, reflect, and enjoy whatever else I might be doing.)