• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Blind Shall Lead the Blind Pass

Nice puts/takes Mel, and some great comments as well. That Torano Tribute will make a great addition to my sping tour of the Torano cigars.

I like the Padillas. I've had a couple and they were both pretty good. If anyone else in the pass hasn't tried them, I'd be happy to send a couple.

I have an Oliva "O" in the Humi as well (been sitting there for close to a year). Very nice looking cigar, however if they are as light as you say, I should probably smoke it pretty soon.

My thoughts on the mild vs bland issue:
My mild-strong spectrum reflects how much nicotine seems to hit me. I'd rather not be hit by too much nicotine.
My bland to full-bodied spectrum reflects how much flavor I get. I don't know what the point is where I can start to distinguish flavors, but I like cigars anywhere from that point (somewhere around the Padilla) all the way to full-bodied (PAM).

I'm suprised at the disinterest in Perdomo and CAO as well. They seem to get great reviews and there are at least a few members at CP who regard Perdomo highly (as well as a few that hate them).

One thing that I have noticed is that, for many cigars, if the wrapper is not burning as much as the filler, I get a flavor that I tend not to like too much. I don't know how to descibe it, but it is towards the back of my mouth and kind of like the difference between cola and diet cola. Some cigars taste that way even if the wrapper is burning well. That is how I felt about the CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro.

The first couple of Perdomo2 that I had were really good. Smooth with a very pronounced rich chocolatey flavor. But after they had been in my humi for about 6 months, I tried a couple more: something like the flavor I remembered was there, but it just wasn't the same. I have no idea if the couple I tried were just poor examples, if the first couple were exceptional examples, or if the Perdomo2 line just does not age well.

Like I mentioned on the Perdomo Reserves, the maduro 'X' is a favorite, I thought the 'R' would be similar, but a shorter smoke (7x54 vs 5x54). Instead, the 'R' was more like a shadow of the 'X'.

Here is the tricky part for me. I make these subjective assessements, but I usually smoke a cigar less frequently than once a week. That is a lot of time between cigars and even longer between smoking the same brand/size. Even among the cigars that I consider favorites, I may have only smoked a couple. Top that off with different food and drink before the cigar, and variations in the individual cigars themselves, and that leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

Pass Inventory (count=39):
7) Oliva Bold Ovation
8) Macanudo Hyde Park Maduro
12) Perdomo2 Millenario Maduro
13) Perdomo2 Millenario Cameroon
14) CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
15) CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
16) CAO L'Anniversaire Extreme Corona
19) K. Hansotia Symphony Churchill
20) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
21) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
22) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
32) RyJ Reserva Real Robusto
34) RyJ #3 (ISOM)
36) Comacho Corojo Figurado
38) CAO tin, petite cameroon
39) CAO tin, petite maduro
41) Savinelli Specialty Select Torpedo
43) H Upmann Magnum 46 (ISOM)
47) Oliva Maduro Churchill
54) Gran Habano #5 Churchill
56) 2 Havana Reserves (Don Lino) Lonsdale Maduro's
58) Perdomo 2 Exponente Maduro
61) La Vieja Habana Early Years Festibal De Moroc
64) Macanudo robust
65) Romeo&Julietta Reserve maduro
66) Montecristo #2 (ISOM)
67) Romeo y Julieta #1 tubo (ISOM)
69) Indian Tobac Tomahawk Maduro
70) Felipe Gregorio Warhol
71) Henry Clay Toro Maduro
72) Edge Toro Corojo
73) Padilla Robusto
74) Bauza Greco
75) Torano Tribute maduro
76) Edge Robusto maduro
77) Olivia "O" Orion maduro
78) Indian Tabac Toro Candela
79) Top Shelf Signature Select Toro

Pass order:
HOME!!!

Another thought as the pass is on it's way back home is...

Where am I gonna put all of those cigars ???
The cooler is full, the Humi is close to full...

How about a little review incentive?
If you took an a cigar from my original lineup and review it in this thread, I will send something your way (once per player who took from the original lineup). The package will include something that I like, something that I put in the pass, and something else. I will try to adjust what these are based on who I send it too, but only if I can find info on what you like in the CigarPass forums (or your profile).

So how about it? Take the blind man's challenge! Post a review in the reviews forum and link to it here to claim a prize!

(Sorry if you didn't take from my starting lineup, but maybe others will make the same offer.)

The pass came home today. Lots of really nice looking cigars that I can look forward to trying. My plan this spring is to sample the Torano Line, so Mel's put (2004 Tribute) is going to come in handy pretty soon here.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this pass. Everyone of you did a great job in ensuring the success of the pass. :thumbs: I feel really lucky to be included in such a great community. :cool:

My cooler is packed, my humi is packed, I will need to use the tuperdor as temporary storage until I can get my cigar inventory in order. I'm not sure if anyone saw my offer in the last post yet, but when you do see it, don't think that I will limit what I send to three sticks. :whistling:

MonkeyK said:
Another thought as the pass is on it's way back home is...

Where am I gonna put all of those cigars ???
The cooler is full, the Humi is close to full...

How about a little review incentive?
If you took an a cigar from my original lineup and review it in this thread, I will send something your way (once per player who took from the original lineup). The package will include something that I like, something that I put in the pass, and something else. I will try to adjust what these are based on who I send it too, but only if I can find info on what you like in the CigarPass forums (or your profile).

So how about it? Take the blind man's challenge! Post a review in the reviews forum and link to it here to claim a prize!

(Sorry if you didn't take from my starting lineup, but maybe others will make the same offer.)
[snapback]177301[/snapback]​

Anyone want to take me up on this? I do need the space...

Wasn't in the pass, but would be glad to "take one for the team"!
Just trying to help out. :laugh:

Jim

Why not? :laugh:

Just so everyone knows that I am serious, I'll add an exception that if BrownDevil or Tenpin reviews a same brand and size as those in my original lineup, they are also eligible for the prize.

Sorry, I was sleeping at the switch... Was meaning to post a review, and got off my sorry a$$ and posted on this evening (the Oliva Master Blend) :thumbs:

Here's the review:

Oliva Master Blend

Thanks again for the great pass!!! What a great concept!!!