• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Case of the eBay Chili Peppers

Has any representative from Fuente responded to your inquiries and acknowledged the problem?

Nope, just "thanks for the info" -- I assume they will take it from here, and do whatever they can do to get to the bottom of it.

Maybe Vitasea got lost sailing to Cuba in his boat, and washed aground in the Dominican Republic. :)

I was under the impression that rosado wrappers were less common in the industry - yet these fakes look like the real deal.

The greater issue at hand is if someone has the skill to roll the chilis, the rosado wrappers for the authentic look, and the legitimate Opus X bands, how many regular production Opus X have they flooded the market with? Is the no cello the only obvious clue?

My guess is this guy is having a good roller doing these with real bands. This guy ( LINK ) is near where I live & you can read his story (cuban roller, level 7 or something like that), but he can roll the pipe shaped cigars, bats, etc. & I am sure if you gave him a couple bucks, he probably could do a darn good job with a faked mold.

His tobacco is inferior - not horrendous, but not fuente quality.

There is a new problem on ebay. A guy on there from the DR is selling boxes of anejos. LOTS of boxes. I contacted him and he told me that he could get me as many boxes as i want. IF he can not buy these directly from the Fuentes in the DR how is he getting these in such a large amount?

One of the first things I noticed (and forgive me if someone else brought this up...though I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else), was the extra space between the band and wrapper on the tip end of the two phony cigars. Almost like the bands were applied to a different shape and then slipped on to these sticks, which didn't quite fit properly. In this case, the tapered head of the Chili Pepper leads me to believe that these bands were originally placed on a normal cylindrical cigar and removed to be placed on the CPs...at least that would explain the gap. Is it just me or did anyone else notice this?