• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Cigar by Perdomo

hbooker

Cigar DJ
'The Cigar'

Today I decided to take on "The Cigar"
The first item that caught my attention was the rich dark Nicaraguan sun grown wrapper and distinct band on
"The Cigar" the size was 5 1/2 X 54" I don't have the name of this size but it was a solid construction with a great pre light aroma, rich earthly tones yet not offensive. I was rather interested by the extreme dark nature of the filler and the binder. After some initial investiagting I learned it was Nicaraguan Ligero leaves.

I set about to sample this smoke in the luxury of my living room, upon toasting the cigar I noticed the dark aroma announcing that I could be in for a treat.
As I initialy lit up all I noticed was power. Lots and lots of smoke the draw was firm yet not labored. I was treated to a strong taste from the start. It was almost so strong that it was harsh untill it fully lit (curl the nose hairs). Could have been becasue of the freshness of this smoke.

About 1/2" inch into "The Cigar" it smoothed out to a delightfully flavor, it bloomed into a a combination of complex flavors. Spicy yet rich, the dark chocolate combined with a 5 spice flavor really resounded.
(The world was right)

This cigar is all about power. It only got stronger, yet not over-bering. The burn was even it only got a little off once. I adjusted the burn with a touch of my lighter and went back to it.
The aroma was not offensive - but the wife said it wasn't the best smelling cigar (take that for what your will)

As I smoked on the power only grew there was a slight tingle to my lips and the flavor fully enveloped my palette. It was a strong flavor with a mild memory, in this I mean it didn't leave a bad after taste.
The smoke stayed cool until about the last 1 1/2 " then it heated a bit. The construction stayed together throughout the entire cigar.
I nubbed this cigar carefuly.

Afterwards I decided that The Cigar would realy be a great treat for all of my "cuban smoking friends"
"The Cigar" truly deserves a bay in my desktop Humi, for those special occasions. If you see one of these in your local shop, make sure you try it out. As you wont be disapointed.

Hbooker rating. of availible 100 points.

89 - 90

THis is one of my Go-Tos for a daily treet. I love the power in those babies. I may just cook up one tonight!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the reminder HB :D

great review there hb, i have allready had one of those you sent me in the trade, just never got around to posting about it, but it fit the same description as yours did, however mine was a little wet, great nonetheless, but as you told me, it needed a little less humidity to stay lit well, i am looking forward to the others as well,

Nick

great review HB,
my mouth was watering the whole time i was reading.
i will be looking for one this weekend.

I must concur that this is truly a good cigar. Not great, but real good. And for the price, it is a good bargain as well. I will smoke about 1 per week as long as they are kept in stock at T&C.

I would add that the first batch of these were great smokes, the second box I had had MAJOR burn issues.

So I thought it worthy of mentioning.. Be carefull with these smokes and keep them on the dry side -65% or so..

I usually un-celo mine and let them rest outside of the Humi for a couple hours and they smoke great then. :D

Haven't had the chance to try these, yet. Coming from Perdomo, though, I would expect them to be good.

Nice review.

I had my first one tonight and you described it perfectly. I loved this smoke. I also had problems with the burn, but it was quickly fixed with the torch. No complaints from this lone fat guy :D

Solid review HB, I took your notes and dropped the humidity (well, changed from one humi to a drier one), and these bad boys smoked nicely, without the burn problem. You were dead on with that one.

-Tony