• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Craft Cigar Motherlode

SCLIQ

Hi Ya'll,

I know it's been a long while but I know where to come for the answers :)
You guys are always great!

Now Get ready for a laugh....

My daughter bought hubby the CI's The Craft Cigar Motherlode w/ Stilton Jar for Father's Day.
I have searched but can't find any info for him if you are supposed to actually use it for cigars and if so do you put anything in it besides cigars??

Ok, once your done laughing your butts off......Help Please :)

Take Care,
Lisa

If there is no humidification device in it then yes. You will need beads or an oasis of some sort. This is assuming the jar pulls a seal. It's possible the jar is all show, something for the bookcase not the cigars, in which case you will need a humidor/tupperdor and afore mentioned humidification device.

Check out the inside of the lid. Sometimes humidor jars have a space in the lid to put a humidification device into it. Hope that helps.

I'm not saying there is a humidification device in the lid rather is there a space in the lid to put one. I have quite a few antique humi jars and most of them have a space in the lid to put something into. People using these jars would take something along the line of a moisten sponge and wedge it into the space in the lid and use that to keep the jar humidified.

...Gary

COOL...
we can do that!
Thanks so Much!

Take Care,
Lisa

Just be careful. With that tight of a seal you could very quickly over humidify the cigars. Use 50/50 when your moistening the sponge.

...Gary

....or as a lot of the guys around here would do. Soak the sponge in grape Kool-Aid and vowel-la...grape flavored Cohibas!!! :sign:

If keeping in a tight jar, I would use a small boveda.