• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The crappy MX review thread.

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
Hello and welcome to reviews from a clown.
These will be short and sweet with an abstract rating system.
The ratings should be pretty straight forward, the exception might be the "Walk-Off" rating.
This is simple the overall impression I ended the session with.

This is the tally sheet used.
1715646343333.png

With Commentary to follow after.

EDIT TO ADD THE FOLLOWING:

For the ratings, as we all know this shit is 100% subjective, but I am going with how I judge a cigar.
First and foremost is the flavor, profile, and general feel of the cigar through the smoking "Thirds"
This is why 2/3rd of the score is based on that.

Burn and draw are important, but I will suffer through a tight draw, and I don't really mind touching up a burn. Most of the time, unless something is totally out of whack, or totally amazing, they don't have a huge say in my like/dislike of a cigar.

Walk-off, at the end of the day the final impression you leave with may be more or less than the sum of the parts. Maybe it is an average cigar, but the drink, timing, or conversation was just right, so it feels like more of a cigar than it really was.

Appearance and Aroma, for me, play a part in the "walk-off" of the cigar and not a huge part of the technical "rating" so in the score they have no weight, but they are added because they are usually the first things we use to start the grading process, even if it is subconsciously.

See next post for first review

T

Last edited:
1715646427280.png

From start to finish, this cigar is an experience. The short flat cap begs to be circumcised, the style of cut I prefer on all my Parejo cigars. This technique creates a clean removal of the cap without getting into the shoulder of the cigar. Look up what HoxD is all about, there Science there is son!

This is a pretty powerful smoke from start to glorious finish. It works and wanders through flavors of Earth, Wood, Leather, Chocolate, with a solid back bone of Tobacco to carry it all. Oh, and PEPPER, all the Peppers with Red and Black being the most pronounced.

The chocolate brown wrapper is beautifully rugged, and it covers an excellent blend of filler tobaccos, the key to the strength of this cigar is the double Ligero. You have been warned!

Last edited:
Looking for input on format and structure.
You guys are my test bed for a larger project.

T

Looking for input on format and structure.
You guys are my test bed for a larger project.

T
Well then what are you doing with the Appearance and Aroma category ? Also you misspelled Thrid.

Well then what are you doing with the Appearance and Aroma category ? Also you misspelled Thrid.
Give me a bit and I will write up my methodology on the ratings...but want to do that from my PC not my phone

And thanks for catching the spelling, that was a transposed letter that got copied and pasted

Pardon my ignorance, I know almost none of those terms in the main header. I’d personally simplify that part and I’d suggest a picture or two of the cigar.

Don’t know your plans, but if you need help with a web site holler, I can probably assist.

Smoke em if ya got em…

Pardon my ignorance, I know almost none of those terms in the main header. I’d personally simplify that part and I’d suggest a picture or two of the cigar.

Don’t know your plans, but if you need help with a web site holler, I can probably assist.

Smoke em if ya got em…
I get ot that most people will have to do some research

A web site is part of the big picture, with that I can build a glossary

View attachment 81834

From start to finish, this cigar is an experience. The short flat cap begs to be circumcised, the style of cut I prefer on all my Parejo cigars. This technique creates a clean removal of the cap without getting into the shoulder of the cigar. Look up what HoxD is all about, there Science there is son!

This is a pretty powerful smoke from start to glorious finish. It works and wanders through flavors of Earth, Wood, Leather, Chocolate, with a solid back bone of Tobacco to carry it all. Oh, and PEPPER, all the Peppers with Red and Black being the most pronounced.

The chocolate brown wrapper is beautifully rugged, and it covers an excellent blend of filler tobaccos, the key to the strength of this cigar is the double Ligero. You have been warned!
Nice, I like all the extra information. I'll have to look some of them up, but I'll know more for doing so. I've had a positive experience with most Roma Craft's. When you get your website up and running, you could have a glossary page with definitions, pictures, maps, etc, etc. Someone else mentioned a picture of the cigar and especially the band. Either way, good review and I look forward to seeing more.

A good concise format that clearly presents what you are observing.

Only change for me is one 'p' in 'Capa'

Reactions: MX
Ohhhhhh, that's what the thread on terminology was about! :D

Very cool review, and I am looking forward to reading more of them. I like your methodology.

Reactions: MX
Ohhhhhh, that's what the thread on terminology was about! :D

Very cool review, and I am looking forward to reading more of them. I like your methodology.
Yeah, this project is the reason for the other theead