• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

the dusty bottle..

mitchshrader

and of course you can't pass up a bottle on sale. I mean, not a Good one.. :)

Sazerac Rye, 18 years old.. distilled spring 1983, bottled fall 2001, 90 proof, product of Kentucky..

I don't even want to Drink it, I just want to sit and admire it a while.. :laugh:

no, there wasn't another one, but there was some pappy van winkle 20 year old, and some eagle rare..

Edit: ok, which one of ya got to the eagle rare before I did?

I got the Pappy Van Winkle 20, but I musta said something out loud and was overheard. I'll be quieter NEXT time ..

These are, by the way, 'Wall hangers', as I'm a scotch drinker, and they'll sit and wait for a bourbon fan that appreciates em and knows what they are. I'll DEFINITELY open em up for somebody that gets all excited, that's why I bought em. :p

Now, I'm getting excited about this 'dusty bottle' thing. I might JUST find a wine or two that's not sold, and rare elsewhere but half price? mm. or an ancient bottle of well sherried scotch? mmmm. I can dream..

eh, picked up two bottles of 96 vintage LBV port, which were sort of 'drink on the least excuse' bottles, (20$) but the only thing makes em a bargain is it keeps me out of the real booze. :)

AND I got my cognac. Nuff Said. :whistling:

I can get the Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr for 67$, and it's about 9$ to ship a collectable bottle, contents not intended for human consumption. :)

That's not cheap, and I'm only saying it for comparison purposes. Any local source is liable to be more sensible, figuring shipping risks.

Local sources here suck, the only virtue is reasonable pricing on what they Do have. For that small mercy, many thanks.