• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Elephant in the Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I was even fractionally as impressed by you as you are impressed by yourself.
Just another 20 year old corn fed retard who thinks he knows everything. ;)
LOL!

Andrew, you just made my night. :thumbs:

I probably gave this guy more slack than he deserved, but god, my head was about to pop.

Wilkey

I realize this may not be a popular position in this circumstance, but I like to listen, read, or learn about others. That includes friends of mine, gentlemen at the B&M, those from other countries, and in this case, people that have different views than myself in politics and religion. I'm not saying they sway me to change my opinion, quite the contrary, rather, they usually reinforce my stand for my beliefs. But how can I grow if I am sheltered. I was actually considering pm'ing him to ask why he feels the way he does. I often enjoy a cigar with a friend at a local bar that has many brews to choose from. While smoking and drinking with this friend, we discuss the topics listed above. We normally don't agree, but I enjoy the time nonetheless.

My 2 cents,

Gary

My thoughts exactly Gary. However, I like to talk to people that aren't pompous jerkoffs like this guy.

jfa1414l.jpg

from here:

First of all, I'm an American Citizen. It's not a matter of a stay in this country. I am this country. And don't talk down to me about freedom. I may know more about freedom than you can conceive of. I'm not hurting anybody; I'm not being antagonistic in the slightest, all that I've done is ask uninterrogatively open questions. You, on the other hand, are making presumptions about myself and my view points simply because I self-identify with communism. Even with that much information, you couldn't even know how I feel about communism without knowing my understanding and interpretation of the word communism, let alone how I feel about the typical understanding and interpretation which seems to be present here. The same goes for the term freedom.

Freedom in this country is more and more becoming less of a reality, an ideal, and more of a rhetorical device. What little freedom we have left isn't provided or defended by bureaucrats and windbags; it's the product of the hard work of people like me. When you talk to a person like you are to me right now, you're not only taking freedom for granted, you're stepping on the very notion of freedom; you're using your civil liberties to antagonize and intimidate me: i.e., you're infringing upon my liberty. And when you use your freedom to infringe upon the freedom of others, you only serve to bankrupt the concept of liberty. I have just as much of a right to be here as you do, and I will continue to be a member of this community if I so choose to accept and honor the responsibilities that come with it. I've been as respectful as possible in my conduct here on CigarPass, but know that when disrespected, I may not show much in return.

Just another 20 year old corn fed retard who thinks he knows everything. ;)

Thanks Moki.

I realize this may not be a popular position in this circumstance, but I like to listen, read, or learn about others. That includes friends of mine, gentlemen at the B&M, those from other countries, and in this case, people that have different views than myself in politics and religion. I'm not saying they sway me to change my opinion, quite the contrary, rather, they usually reinforce my stand for my beliefs. But how can I grow if I am sheltered. I was actually considering pm'ing him to ask why he feels the way he does. I often enjoy a cigar with a friend at a local bar that has many brews to choose from. While smoking and drinking with this friend, we discuss the topics listed above. We normally don't agree, but I enjoy the time nonetheless.

My 2 cents,

Gary

I completely agree, but I can't take the unwarranted arrogance.... it's just too much stomach!

Karlos Marxos,

I noticed you just posted that you're 20 years old. When you registered, you agreed to the terms and conditions. How did you miss the 24 pt bold red letters that read "YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OR OLDER TO JOIN"...?

You also failed to read the new member guide, or should I say, you ignored the new member guide.

When you grow up and become an adult, come back. For now, you're banned.

So... do we apply the 21 or older rule across the board or just on a case-by-case basis?

I'm just sayin'...

We have several members who don't meet that guideline. Personally, I'd hate to see them booted when it may not even be illegal to smoke in their state of residence. If a person is old enough to serve in the armed forces, they should be old enough to join a cigar board, IMO.

Karlos Marxos,

I noticed you just posted that you're 20 years old. When you registered, you agreed to the terms and conditions. How did you miss the 24 pt bold red letters that read "YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OR OLDER TO JOIN"...?

You also failed to read the new member guide, or should I say, you ignored the new member guide.

When you grow up and become an adult, come back. For now, you're banned.

So... do we apply the 21 or older rule across the board or just on a case-by-case basis?

I'm just sayin'...

We have several members who don't meet that guideline. Personally, I'd hate to see them booted when it may not even be illegal to smoke in their state of residence. If a person is old enough to serve in the armed forces, they should be old enough to join a cigar board, IMO.

Uh. Does that need to be brought up? I thought everyone was 99 years old.... :thumbs:

Uh. Does that need to be brought up? I thought everyone was 99 years old.... :thumbs:

I thought about that before posting. The last thing I want to do is "out" anyone. But CP is a self-moderated board, which means that we need to know the rules by which we need to moderate.

My preference would be to do away with the rule altogether, but there may be legal reasons why Rod has it, I dunno.

Yeah..that 21 year old & over rule....

Glad I turned 21 in August. LOL!

BTW- that guy sounded like a douche. "Avid thinker..I can play anything you put in front of me..." Wow. Glad he wont be back.

Steve,

The 21+ age restriction was put in place about 6 months ago or so for a few reasons. Everyone who registered when the age limit went into affect couldn't miss the big red text when they agreed to the terms upon joining. Those who are under 21 and joined prior to the rule are grandfathered in. While a person may be allowed to join the military at age 18 doesn't necessarily mean they're mature, nor does it mean they should be eligable for entry into a private community. There is a significant increase of younger cigar smokers (just out of high school), and I don't want this community turning into a general cigar forum where people (20-) can post when going through a fad.

I'm considering raising the limit a bit higher - I really don't want the climate here turning into a myspace for cigar smokers. This is still up in the air, however all current membership will be unaffected if the age limit is raised past 21.

Feel free to email me if there is any further concern.

Thanks,
Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.