• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Flaming Piggies Pass 2010

carlos-mencia-2.jpg
dee-dee-dee-lg.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Makes sense to me, Jon. So, does this mean you are coming out here to drink beer and act a fool again? If so, bring those other two weirdos with you. :laugh:

Everything looks good fellas. All boxed up and ready to ship and it will be on the road tomorrow.

Back with DC # then.

DC # 0308 3390 0001 5277 2893

On its way to Kentucky!!!!

On a side note, is it just an Ohio thing where by the friends of someone who O.D.'s on Heroin throw cold water all over them or put them in the shower, or was this some sort of after school special starring Tiffani-Amber Thiessen that I missed :(

DC # 0308 3390 0001 5277 2893

On its way to Kentucky!!!!

On a side note, is it just an Ohio thing where by the friends of someone who O.D.'s on Heroin throw cold water all over them or put them in the shower, or was this some sort of after school special starring Tiffani-Amber Thiessen that I missed :(

Dude, now ya gotta tell the story!

The box has arrived, as well as the replacement stick from HI. :thumbs: I haven't gone through the box yet, but plan to this weekend. I'll check in when I make some decisions! :D

On a side note, I got to drive an hour and a half, to pick up a cruiser that one of our cops decided to drive while DRUNK!!!! Yup, here it is.
- Cop drives to a bar, in his MARKED cruiser.
- Cop proceeds to get sloshed!
- Cop pisses off the bartender and gets cut off.
- Cop leaves bar, gets in MARKED cruiser, backs it up and gets it stuck on a curb.
- Cop stomps gas pedal and smokes the tires so badly, patrons come running out, thinking the cruiser is on fire.
- Bartender calls cops.
- Patrons assist in getting cruiser unstuck and cop drives away.
- Cop is seen driving near bar, and local police attempt to stop him.
- Cop accelerates, according to reports, and fails to stop.
- Police eventually get cop to pull over and request he submit to tests.
- Cop says no and proceeds to berate police.
- Cop goes to jail and local Chief calls our Chief.

Outlook is not good for cop. Suspended w/o pay pending hearing. I'm hoping he steps up and resigns. It'll make it better for everyone involved! ??? I just don't get it! Truly disappointing! :(

Dumb Cop

Dumb Cop II

Story with video

Floyd T.

PS: I ain't sure about the heroin question. Too much crap happens over in Cincy!

What a shame...................Fourteen years pissed away just like the drinks he had that night.

Agreed on both posts. He was a shooting star, at one point, then it all came crashing down. Failure to EVER accept any responsibility for his actions, has done him in. Sad to see. Any way, I have a big day today. Gotta get Michelle ready to go to Vandy (Nashville, TN) for an interview. More than likely, I'll get to look through the pass tomorrow afternoon, after she departs. I'll post up then.

Floyd T.

I was in an accident reconstruction class in Forsyth about a year ago. (that's were our law enforcement training center is here in GA) One of the guys in my class did the EXACT same thing. There is a bar that's attached to the Holiday Inn there in town. He went there in his patrol car, and on his way back to the training center, he wrecked on the interstate. Really sh**ty way to end your career... :angry:

Geezus, what a stupid way to end your career, over some booze. Good God...

Yeah Floyd, take all the time you need man, and let us know in a few days what you have in mind for P's and T's! A special thank you to Dave for sending a replacement out for my beloved fallen cigar...

Man, pissing away a career like that - what are people thinking?!? I've got 19 years on, and I still walk on eggshells! Even off duty I'm super careful... Mary and I have a running joke that if I ever did get busted for something it would not be something pushed to the back pages of the paper - it would be splashed headlines 'FIREFIGHTER busted...' They will exploit your position to make it that much more noticeable.

Idiot... no excuse for being a moron. But what the hell where the people doing pushing the cruiser free??!?

Sorry that I haven't had a time to post the back story about the heroin and the "after school special" reference.

So here goes...

Heroin isn't a wildly popular Northeastern Ohio, the fact that pills are readily available and the distance from the southern border both conspire to keep heroin usage to the more hard-core druggies. However, it seems that every once in a while some extra-potent heroin makes it to the area and EMS will have a rash of calls for overdoses, which usually get reported as an "unresponsive" patient. This past week I have been on 4 such cases each involving the patients friends telling me they had no idea what could have caused it, but the patient was either lying on the kitchen floor doused in cold water or laying in the shower with cold water running over them.

A typical call goes like this...

Shirtless male Mope at the top of the Stairs tells you to hurry, that he/she ain't breathing

Me...."What did he/she take!"

Mope.." What do you mean? He didn't take anything!"

Me..." Then why do you think this happened? Why are they covered in cold water/Why is he/she laying in the shower?"

Mope " I dunno... he/she drank a little bit tonite and we thought the cold water would wake them up."

Me..."Look, I am not the F***ing cops. If dude took some Heroin I can fix that, if not they might die"

Mope (looking at other mopes) " I wasn't watching him all night, but yeah...He might have done some Heroin."

At which point the patient is treated according to the severity of their condition, which usually involves a nasopharyngeal airway (nose trumpet) and a bit of Narcan.

My major issue is the fact that they are soaking wet and that the water was not strategically applied, basically water is everywhere. So now you have a wet, slippery patient on either tile or linoleum that some how has to be maneuvered from their current location to your cot. It doesn't sound like much, but we all have our personal pet peeves and this one is mine. I am not sure if it is one specific aspect of these types of calls or just the totality of it all, followed by the denial of drug usage once you reach the hospital. I once had a Dr. question me as to why we suspected a Heroin overdose as the patient told him (in a clear coherent, non-slurred voice) he had just drank a lot. My response was "Well Doc. For one, his friends told us. Two, needle tracks all over both arms. And three, he wasn't breathing. Then we gave him some Narcan. Now he is talking to you. Does Narcan fix "drunk'?"

So now to the slightly more humorous "after school special" reference.

Some of you may know that fire fighters tend to be a weird bunch, maybe it is the 24 hour shifts, the dangerous situations we go thru together or "toga" parties in the bunk room. Regardless, every station and every shift has it own personality.

So our normal Lt. was on vacation and we get a Lt. from a nearby station who is affectionately know as "Topper". He has done whatever you did,but better or bigger. You caught a 8 pound Walleye out of Lake Erie...his was 12 pounds. Your mom got a ticket for only going 3 mph over the speed limit... his wife got one for going 3 mph under it. In fairness he is a nice guy and he means well, but that is the method he use to get into conversations.

So one afternoon my paramedic partner and I are sitting down to finish up lunch at around 3:30pm, having already logged 10 med runs for the day, and the Engine Company and Capt. come back into to join us and talk about the day. Well the conversation starts with the paramedics bitching about the stupidity of some of the people and if there was a direct correlation between the first sunny day of spring and the number of assault over who stole whose can of Camo or Steel City Reserve.

Being as the "Topper" was there, the conversation soon turned inane, with one of the guys on Engine throwing the B.S. Flag (yes we have an actually B.S. flag). So I respond very dead-pan, with gyro meat and tzatziki sauce dripping from my chin, "No seriously, that ones true...I saw it on an after school special."

From that point forward any ridiculous story or anything that couldn't be proved was thus acceptable if followed by the phrase, "No seriously, that ones true. I saw it on a after school special." One would go on to explain the ins and outs of the episode and how it pertained to the conversation at hand and the morale children were supposed to have learned from it.

Needless to say it was a lark. The fill-ins that rotated through the station had no idea what was going on, we were wildly amused.

Like all things it began to get over played and lose its appeal, until the fateful day some one asked, "who was in that one?" From that sprang a whole new game. Now in order to be acceptable you had to name someone semi-famous and who may or may not have been in an after school special, but would be humorous had they been. An example would be "you know the one with the lady who played Aunt Bee" or " Archie Bunkers wife..you know Edith.." Late 80's and early 90's teen stars/heart throbs were considerable popular as they were from the after school special era. Phrases like "we will meet you at the Max after training" or "who plays beach volleyball in jeans with taped up fingers" we heard daily around the station.

It was a little game we played to keep ( ??? ??? ) our sanity and comes up from time to time when bored.

Ahhhh narcan - nothing pisses off a junkie more. Nothing like ruining their high. Even if they are checking on their way out.

Usually when we get a drug call and the person is unresponsive they let me do the primary search for needle marks under the watchband, fingers, toes, or arms. Not that I've done it, but I've seen some past friends nod off in their cereal before
laugh.gif
. Or burn their fingers because they don't remember to ash their cigs
laugh.gif
(you should see how big their eyes get when they smell their skin burning).

As the crew starts to strap them into the backboard, I go into the bathroom to check for signs of drug use. This one time at band camp.............wait, different story. Anyways, this one time we had a guy out so cold, even a full fisted chest rub didn't bring any response so off to the bathroom I went. Rubbish can contents....tissue, used baggie, matches, condom, enema. ENEMA??!!

Go back to the male patient and look around his settings. Hmm, 2 different cigarettes butts (no lipstick), 1 empty beer, 1 wine glass. Hmmm, check the fridge...........ALL HIS FRICKIN' FOOD HAS THE LABELS ALL FACING OUT, NEATLY ARRANGED, WITH LOTS OF DIFFERENT HOMEOPATHIC LIQUIDS INSIDE! Oh hOOOOO, now I get it
wub.gif

Y...M....C...A....! Fun to stay at the YMCAaaaaa!

Long story short, EMS gave the narcan, he woke up, looked around at the us, the cops, EMS, got the dry heaves, tilted him sideways so he wouldn't barf on hisself and he promply looked at one of our crew and said, "hey, I know you, tell 'em you know ME!"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You should have seen my friend start backpeddling on us when we all turned around and blankly stared at him. I didn't even know he stuttered until then!

NARCAN, the street version of truth serum! Muhahahhahaha.

Narcan, the enemy to Natural Selection! :whistling:

Folks, I have doen nothing to fulfill my end of this yet. :blush: This work crap and getting Michelle ready for her Vandy presentation, has had me beyond busy. I truly apologize for the delay. I'm sure this makes me look bad, but I'm gonna do my best to get it out by tomorrow.

One last little ditty. My wife took our laptop and my home PC is not working. So, I'll have to post P/T tomorrow morning. Then, if all goes well, I'll ship after approval. Cool?! Again, my apologies!

Floyd T.

No worries Floyd! I know we're all beyond busy in this, so take yer time! Thanks for the heads up brother.

Back