• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The G.A.R.

Bkatz87

My B&M just got some boxes of The G.A.R (George A. Rico). I bought a few but haven't had the chance to light up yet. I will do a review when the time comes. Just wondering if anyone else has had the opportunity to try one. They are full bodied and Nicaraguan. The sizes as listed are: Rico Grande, Gran Consul, Corona Gorda, and Robusto Grande.

Site:

For many years the name George Rico was known for blending cigars for Gran Habano Cigars such as the highly rated 3 Siglos.

The time has come and after many years George has decided to release his own line of cigars taylored (yes they have a typo on the website. Good sign right? :)) to the style he is known for today and will be known for in the future.

(falling out maybe? )

Anyway, here is the direct link if anyone is interested. Linky

I had one about 4 months ago. It was not bad, but it was not something that called me back again. I really should give another one a try.

I had one about 4 months ago. It was not bad, but it was not something that called me back again. I really should give another one a try.

I am going to keep my expectations low. I haven't liked any of his line prior to this.

I had a couple of few months back and I found them to be kind of "eh...". Just wasn't for me I guess.

George swallowed Lopez's line over on CigarLive, but later spit out the hook. Nevertheless, I've generally enjoyed his cigars. My dailies are bundles called GR Specials. I tend to view him favorably.

George swallowed Lopez's line over on CigarLive, but later spit out the hook. Nevertheless, I've generally enjoyed his cigars. My dailies are bundles called GR Specials. I tend to view him favorably.

Good to hear some positive. :thumbs:

I smoked a few of them in Vegas at the show while helping George at his booth. They are a great smoke, imo. I wish I had more.

Good to hear some positive. :thumbs:

Negatives just to be negative doesn't fly well here. When somebody gets panned, its usually for a good reason.