• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Good Dr. Insight Blind Taste Test for Moki AKA 1492 time

Does Phil store his cigars next to shoe polish? ???

Absolutely! To infuse them with that 'rustic' flavor. Although there is some pretty solid humor to come out of the shoe polish reference later.

Also wth happened to the pics? Rules being blatantly disregarded!
What was the humorous stuff to come about the shoe polish?
Maybe I missed it?

I sent Andrew a note with the package that is very ironic given what he tasted. He MIGHT be convinced to post a pic of the special card :D

Man, what a shocker! Knowing about the cigars that were sent, I kept expecting a 'Oh My God this is an Awesome Cigar!' review... but it never came :(

Just goes to show how subjective taste is (shoe polish? I don't wanna know how you know what it tastes like....) and how expensive a band can be.

Wow...

Nice selection of smokes, Phil. This makes for an interesting taste test.

Andrew, great review of each cigar. Always enjoy your comments and thoughts about what makes up the enjoyment of a good cigar.

Nicely done, Phil. :thumbs:

Had a few puffs off of a 1492 on Saturday. It wasn't as good as the last time I smoked one.

Have you had a 1994, Andrew? I actually believe they are better than 1492s.

The Cuban H.Upmann Naturales tubos from the early 1980s (another sought after rare aged Cuban cigar) didn't fare all that well in the first blind taste test that I did either.

I'm no fan of the Naturales. In fact, they were going for $200 a ten count box not long ago.

When it comes to 'vintage' and HTF cigars I have pretty moderate expectations. Some of them have been amongst the best cigars I have ever smoked and some have been the picture of mediocrity. I haven't personally had a 1492 so I can't comment but there are certainly plenty of holy grail sticks I have been underwhelmed by. Rob, although I haven't tried a 1994 I know they are often overshadowed by the 1492 in terms of desirability and certainly in terms of price. I find that funny because across the board almost everyone seems to think they are a superior cigar to the 1492!

Well some whack job just gave me one of the 1492s to try so I figured I should at least post a brief retrospective review here.