• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Harlem Shake

Paul, when I first saw this, I thought "what crap," The more I watch it, the funnier it gets. I've now wasted about an hour looking at videos.

Thanks for the entertainment.

bigmanfromou said:
Paul, when I first saw this, I thought "what crap," The more I watch it, the funnier it gets. I've now wasted about an hour looking at videos.

Thanks for the entertainment.
I aim to please!

Paul

Google "Harlem Shake - Naked Girl edition", should be a pizza box involved. I saw it originally on Barstool Sports yesterday. Needless to say its NSFW!

drewyehboi said:
Google "Harlem Shake - Naked Girl edition", should be a pizza box involved. I saw it originally on Barstool Sports yesterday. Needless to say its NSFW!
Saw that on Facebook!

NSFW!

Linky!

:thumbs:
Paul

Tall Paul said:
How is that on Youtube?
I was wondering the same thing???

I was going to say "bah, everything is covered" and then I realized that someone showed me the censored version.

The Harlem Shake "viral sensation" was featured on NPR last night. I about  wrecked laughing that they covered in such depth.

bigmanfromou said:
How is that on Youtube?
I was wondering the same thing???

I was going to say "bah, everything is covered" and then I realized that someone showed me the censored version.

The Harlem Shake "viral sensation" was featured on NPR last night. I about  wrecked laughing that they covered in such depth.

They got to the roots. Apparently this latest sensation has nothing to do with the Harlem Shake- a dance that is supposed to mimic the shakes an alcoholic gets in the morning. Pure Genius.

Anyone aware of the translation to english?
Ummm it's...  Spanish "Con los teroristas" = "With the terrorists"

Great song you say... Who would have thought??

This is not to be taken literal, as is the case with most music. It likely is to be interpreted/ translated to terrorize a club/dance floor, much like the phrase "killer/killa" was used to kill an MC or opponent in hip hop battles or rap songs. Is it insensitive? Perhaps, but we are free to draw up our own opinions/conclusions.

We do live in a world with much violence, so it should be to no surprise if we see lyrical metaphors in pop music that use violence to represent or signify a totally unrelated action/intention.

As for the craze itself, the Harlem Shake is not new, some DJ dude somewhere decided to come up with this most recent incarnation, and the majority if these videos the participants are really not doing THE Harlem Shake. You can look up, Harlem Shake original to see what the actual Harlem Shake is.

Now we're getting way too deep over a silly ass dance craze if you ask me.

Silly?? Take it as you will, but always be aware...

I could really care less ultimately... I found it interesting...lol  

As for assuming the intentions of the Song/DJ/Writer... Why bother, It's a song... Right!!