• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The humidor cometh

moki

el Presidente
Earlier this year I decided to have a humidor made for me. I have a few humidors that are excellent for singles, but all of my boxes have been crammed into numerous lockers at my cigar club. While the owner has graciously allowed me to use the lockers that aren't spoken for, it's gotten a bit ridiculous.

I've worked with Petroglyph Designs on a few projects before such as the cigar poker sets and also a desktop humidor for my father (picture 1 - picture 2 - picture 3) that was his Father's Day gift this year. I've had nothing but excellent experiences with them, so they were the natural choice.

Petroglyph Designs is run by a wonderful husband and wife team, Sage and Carrie; I've been lucky enough to visit them at their home in California, and tour Sage's workshop. When it comes to choosing what you want in a humidor, it's often a bit difficult to come up with the design from a clean slate... so Sage show me pictures of a number of past works he'd done. They were all very nice, but not quite "it".

Then he showed me a number of furniture designs, and one armoire in particular caught my eye:

custom_humidor.jpg

That was "it" -- so Sage is making a humidor for me that mimics the look of the armoire. I love nice wood grain, and I like the slightly unusual look of this design... so it's perfect for me. Or rather it will be, once it is done.

It will measure 6 ft (h) x 4 ft (w) x 18” (d) with an external housing and control for the humidification system, and have the requisite nice wood grain veneers and accent trim.

I went with a combination humidification/cooling system in the humidor. It's not much more money to have a humidor made with a cooling system in it these days, and if you really want to protect your investment in cigars (and ward off the cigar beetle demons), it makes sense.

The triple-lock doors swing open, and inside there are 4 shelves that pull out, and also can be locked upwards at a 20 degree angle. In theory, there will be room for 150 boxes (30 cubic feet of space); the actual number will of course vary by the size of the cigar boxes.

When? I don't know. Soon, I hope. Sage does great work, but he's a perfectionist, so projects can end up being a little late; you just need to be patient. I'll post some pics when it does finally arrive.

Very Nice.

Getting a custom made humidor for your collection is great.I got the M+ from Bob. It just seems that when they are custom made thoe looks are so clean and neat.

Good luck with that humidor and be sure to post some pics when it is all set up.

damm nice piece of furniture Moki...damm nice. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Awesome is all I can say, simply AWESOME!

36_1_11.gif

Looking forward to viewing the "Armidor" images

Very nice moki...
You will have to post some pictures after it is filled with your stash.

what instruments are you going to use in that thing?

It's awesome Andrew! :thumbs:

I love thier humidors. I can't wait to see pictures.

Nice humidor Moki :thumbs:

I've been in contact with Petroglyph Designs recently about one of those pokers, they do some beautiful work. I really like the Asian feel in your design.

:cool:

****... You better let me know when it comes in so I can come over the house and check it out in person!! :)

now thats a humidor! looks awesome, I really like how the bottom is bigger than the top, really makes it one of a kind. definately get some pics up when you get it.

K&P

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Look forward to seeing more pics when it arrives.

(Have to admit I'm jealous as hell) :cool:

that's the way to do it; big, custom, quality, and unique.

definitely with you on the wood grain, moki.
if yours ends up looking anything like the armoire in that pic, you'll definitely have a piece of furniture worthy of much pride.

looking forward to a report and photos once yours touches down.

congrats in advance.

TBaGZ said:
****... You better let me know when it comes in so I can come over the house and check it out in person!! :)
[snapback]211579[/snapback]​

sure thing... it's actually going to go into the office tho...

SWEEEET!

And about time too!

Very nice Moki! I have been thinking about doing the same thing. Looks like a great company and I like that they are in Ca. Thanks for sharing this with us. :thumbs:

That humidor is going to be incredibly beautiful. Thanks for the post. Can't wait for the actual pics when it arrives! :D

moki said:
TBaGZ said:
****... You better let me know when it comes in so I can come over the house and check it out in person!!  :)
[snapback]211579[/snapback]​

sure thing... it's actually going to go into the office tho...
[snapback]211630[/snapback]​

Thats fine... I know where that is too!!! :D