• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Last Herfer Standing Pass.....

melski

Methinks the timing is just about right for this. I'll start this one out with 20 solid everyday smokes in the $3 - $5 price range. Given that, I don't think puts and takes will be a problem. I only ask that you consider not just value but also variety.

I'm not a big fan of the "host bag". Hosts are generally rewarded by an increase in value and number of smokes. But because of the nature of this pass I would ask two things:
1 - limit your puts and takes to equal numbers (in consideration of those further down the line so postage is not burdensome)
2 - put one inexpensive good everyday smoke into the host bag. Bundle cigars are fine (melski likes Top Shelf bundles) as are Connies. You get the picture.

Because my printer is irreparably broken, this will be a "virtual" pass, with puts and takes listed and changed on this first post.

Without further ado, the cigar list:

6 - CFB Cohiba Esplendido*
13 - El Original Toro maduro (unbanded)
22 - Perdomo Inmenso
46 - Perdomo2 Ecuation maduro
52 - Cupido Campana (2pk)
56 - Torano Exodus Silver Corona
59 - Punch Gran Puro Libertad Tubo
61 - Montecristo Peruvian Especial
62 - CAO Gold Robusto
67 - Occidental Havana Sun Grown Churchill
69 - Felip Dominicana "D"
70 - Padilla Robusto, Connecticutt
72 - Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion Torpedo
73 - Trinidad TTT Belicoso
74 - Cuesta Rey Centenario Belicoso #11 SG
77 - La Flor Dominican DL-600
79 - La Gloria Cubana Serie R #5
80 - RP Vintage 1990 Churchill
81 - Edge Torpedo maduro
83 - Excalibur Sterling Fortis
84 - RP Vintage 1992 Churchill
85 - CAO 65 Moda
86 - Diamond Crown Maximus Robusto #5
87 - RyJ Reserva Real Robusto

There will be a contest. In fact, the pass is the contest. I will write out a label for each participant and place it in an unmarked envelope. My son will choose an envelope at random and I will send the pass on to that person. That person will do their takes and puts then choose an envelope and send it on to that person (be sure to e-mail me the name of the next recipient along with the DC#). We continue doing this until there is a "Last Herfer Standing". The last person chosen gets to keep all the cigars in the pass. They merely return the Rubbermaid container to me with the host bag.

Hopefully, there will be 12-15 people interested. If you are interested, please e-mail me your name, board name, snailer and telephone number.

Great idea. I'd love to play!

edit: email sent...initially to excited to read the directions...D'oh!

E mail sent. Sound like a good way to get involved with my first pass

Sounds like a fun PASS, sign me up!
woohoo.gif

(PM Sent)

Jeffro600

loanshark

theorangeman

awliuo

Savage112

BkCloud114

BlueDragon

jgohlke

BrewMeister

PSTAN

bresdogsr

gandolf565

BrownDevil

hectortmc

JAEwing

Nothing heard from LeePitts. Capping this at 15; by maintaining a pace of two people a week (doable if we don't sit on it) someone will get a nice Christmas gift!

melski said:
My son will choose an envelope at random and I will send the pass on to that person. That person will do their takes and puts then choose an envelope and send it on to that person.
[snapback]240093[/snapback]​

Thanks for including me.

Question, do we post to the thread a "heads up message" with the next recipient or do we keep that info to ourselves and just post the DC number?

Thanks Mel,

Sorry for the delay, email sent with all the requested info...

woohoo.gif

gandolf565 said:
melski said:
My son will choose an envelope at random and I will send the pass on to that person. That person will do their takes and puts then choose an envelope and send it on to that person.
[snapback]240093[/snapback]​

Thanks for including me.

Question, do we post to the thread a "heads up message" with the next recipient or do we keep that info to ourselves and just post the DC number?
[snapback]240662[/snapback]​

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to give the person a heads up. Especially with the holidays coming, folks may be travelling, so if they know it's coming they can make arrangements to have it picked up, or not sitting on their doorstep in the rain for a week!