• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Long Journey Home

Deployed Humidor

Why do tobacco shops close so early?
Well, my reign as the King of Kabul has come to an end. I'll be heading home in a couple of days and may not be able to keep up with the posts because of the travel. Plus, my wife has "reunion activities" planned that may not include any computer time.

I'd like to thank all the kind folks on CigarPass for keeping me entertained during my tour. Your rants, raves, questions, answers, and let's not forget the CigarGirls, helped to keep my morale up.

I'd especially like to thank the fellows that cared enough to send a complete stranger some really fabulous cigars. Every Friday, no matter where I was in this gloriously brown country, I found time to share a cigar with a friend or made a new friend over a cigar. Your generosity was beyond belief. The post office doesn't allow annonamous packages so I know where you live!! I hope to share sticks with as many of you as possible some day.

The outprocessing checklist is complete, the flights and hotels have been booked and my profile has been updated. All I need to do now is get on the plane. I'm part of the greatest Air Force in the world and it still takes a week to get home!! Go figure!!

Cheers,

Tony

Glad to hear you will be heading home to your family, thanks for your service...good luck

This is great news. If you and the family ever get the urge to come to Columbus let me know. We live close to the zoo and waterpark, my grill is always ready to receive some steaks, and my humidor is open to you any time.

Thanks for everything! Travel safe.

Hopefully you get a good rotator back home and they serve booze on the flight. With as long as some of those trips take, you sahould be sobered up when you get home, and... well, I'm sure youve done the deployment thing before too.

I wish you a safe and fast trip home. I have a few buddies who've been coming home recently. Words don't explain the level of gratitude I have for you.

-Gianni-

Glad to hear you are heading home. Safe travels.