• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The mailman.....

stepthirteen

Either get busy living, or get busy dying
Just made my day he dropped of some Secretos and Genios!!! I love it!!!!

Step

loose-lips-sink-ships-2.jpg

Doc.

Not quite sure what that means, but I will say this. With as many abrasive and downright abusive PMs as I have gotten over the last two days I need to let everyone know that I will not be posting or participating in this forum anylonger. I thought I had tried my best, but allas I apprently am not wanted here for some reason. Anyway to all who where nice thanks for that, but after discussing it with my girlfriend and letting her read some of the PMs I just do not feel like the personal attacks I recieved here over the last two days were at all valid. References to my character and the person I am today do not have to be tolerated. I have a couple of members here that I sent cigars to please just keep and enjoy them, nothing will be required in return. The ones that I bought please send them to me once you have payment. A couple of the members here (BBS and Putz) were very kind and I will be meeting with them for cigars, but after that participation has ended thanks and I am very sad by the whole deal!!

Step

Not quite sure what that means, but I will say this. With as many abrasive and downright abusive PMs as I have gotten over the last two days I need to let everyone know that I will not be posting or participating in this forum anylonger. I thought I had tried my best, but allas I apprently am not wanted here for some reason. Anyway to all who where nice thanks for that, but after discussing it with my girlfriend and letting her read some of the PMs I just do not feel like the personal attacks I recieved here over the last two days were at all valid. References to my character and the person I am today do not have to be tolerated. I have a couple of members here that I sent cigars to please just keep and enjoy them, nothing will be required in return. The ones that I bought please send them to me once you have payment. A couple of the members here (BBS and Putz) were very kind and I will be meeting with them for cigars, but after that participation has ended thanks and I am very sad by the whole deal!!

Step
I don't know about the PMs, but Doc has a good point in regards to openly flaunting your violation of federal law. Discretion is something that has really been valued in the past but has over the last year or so really been thrown by the wayside.

All Doc was doing was giving you some good advice.

Step
Doc is making the point that individual discretion serves the entire community well. This is a message that we should all take to heart. If the reasons why aren't entirely clear, then any upstanding member should be able to explain it to you without resorting to denigration or attacks.

I'm saddened to hear of the treatment you've received. Saddened and disappointed. I do hope that you'll come by on the 25th to have a smoke with me and perhaps we can discuss this further if you're so inclined.

If you do choose to take leave of CigarPass, then do so with my best wishes. In our brief but intense interactions, you struck me as the kind of guy that I wouldn't mind sharing this place with.

Wilkey

S13,

You have PM coming your way. I want to know who is sending you these PMs.

If these members are raising legitimate issues then this is an open call for them to contact me directly. If their concerns potentially impact the entire membership or the welfare of this board, then it doesn't seem like much of stretch for them to share their concerns with someone who has interacted directly with you. There is no moderating team to alert but since S13 has my address and information, then if anyone is at risk and deserves fair warning it is I.

Rod states this at the very top of the Introductions forum:
You have just joined the most friendly and knowledgeable cigar community around! Please post an introduction so that the community may get to know you. Tell us what your favorite cigars are, how long you've been smoking, where you're located, and whatever else you'd like to share. Again, welcome to CP!
They're just words, this is true. But the ideals behind those words set us apart from the rest. THAT is what has motivated me to make this place my home and the primary investment of my online forum time these past two years. We take care of our own but we MUST give any new member a chance to become one of the community. As long as I remain a member here, I will give you that chance. I will NOT allow any well-intentioned, genuine prospective new member be railroaded out of town behind the scenes and away from prying eyes. This is not what drew me here. It is not what keeps me here. And it is bad for this community.

Wilkey

This is not what drew me here. It is not what keeps me here. And it is bad for this community.

Very well said.

S13, while you may have found it a bit cryptic, Doc's post was made out of concern for the community. No reason to leave though, unless there's something I'm not aware of...

After much deliberation during the day and several conversations with members I realize that this community works well because of the good and the bad. I like to interact with the good, but sometimes the bad are needed in order to maintain balance. I acted like a little baby in haste and ran off in a crying little fit. This is not who I want or am today. I openly extend my apology to Devil Doc because I UNDERSTAND know. So it is with great pride that I admit I was wrong with the post, though I still believe the insults sent my way where not justified and you know who you are. Thanks to EVERYONE here for making CP what it is Good or Bad. I look forward to many more days of happiness and a little frustration if that is what comes my way. It is all a learning curve and I recognize that now!!

Step

I'm not trying to be a smartass so please no one take it that way. I'm just looking for clarification.

Why is it we have a section for Cuban cigars where everyone openly talks about smoking and buying them but he can't say that they came in the mail? 90% of us in here are in the states, it's no big secret we either buy them over the internet or sneak them through customs when traveling.

Johnnie

I'm not trying to be a smartass so please no one take it that way. I'm just looking for clarification.

Why is it we have a section for Cuban cigars where everyone openly talks about smoking and buying them but he can't say that they came in the mail? 90% of us in here are in the states, it's no big secret we either buy them over the internet or sneak them through customs when traveling.

Johnnie
Is that what you do? ??? Well then, I guess you are correct, it's no longer a secret what you do, good luck to you.

As for the rest of us US residents, it's NOT what we do, we are law abiding cigar smokers ;) </end answer thread jack>

Wilkey, well done!. You obviously picked up something that we did not see or know about.

S13, you just had a fine brother stand up for you and you have done the right thing. That is, if you enjoy cigars because there is no finer place to share and
learn. Constructive criticism is a good thing, posted to help, not hinder. There will always be a clown in every act, ignore the people that have nothing to contribute, we all know who they are.

Brian

Johnnie
Is that what you do? ??? Well then, I guess you are correct, it's no longer a secret what you do, good luck to you.

As for the rest of us US residents, it's NOT what we do, we are law abiding cigar smokers ;) </end answer thread jack>

Wilkey, well done!. You obviously picked up something that we did not see or know about.

S13, you just had a fine brother stand up for you and you have done the right thing. That is, if you enjoy cigars because there is no finer place to share and
learn. Constructive criticism is a good thing, posted to help, not hinder. There will always be a clown in every act, ignore the people that have nothing to contribute, we all know who they are.

Brian

Maybe one day I too will magically have bandless, triple capped cigars pop up in my humidor. Until then I guess I will be the only one breaking the law.

Johnnie

Brian

Maybe one day I too will magically have bandless, triple capped cigars pop up in my humidor. Until then I guess I will be the only one breaking the law.

Some people just don't get it!

Brian

The first rule of fight club is.... you do not talk about fight club. The second rule of fight club is... YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!

I just couldn't resist. S13, sorry to hear about your conflicts with some of the members here. Don't judge us all by the flaws of a few. I'm sure after enjoying a smoke with ambassadors B.B.S and Ginseng you will again be convinced that this community is a pretty damn special place. Hope you stick around...

mac

jSRT-4,

First, you ask a valid question.

Second, there is a valid answer.

Third, you already recognize that this is a sensitive subject.

Fourth, new members typically seek this answer in one of three ways:
  1. PM an established member and ask why it's frowned upon to post about Cuban cigars as if "everybody does it."
  2. Infer the answer from reading the posts in this forum.
  3. Make a "since I do it, then everybody else must as well, so why don't we just stop being a bunch of hypocrites and just openly admit that we're breaking the law" post and get snapped back for it.
Fifth, it's your responsibility to seek that answer and once you have it, you'll be in a position to decide whether the discussions we have in this forum will be satisfying to you.

Sixth, you've already tried one of the three approaches I listed above. Care to take another stab at it?

Wilkey

Nice car, BTW. I own a first gen WRX and I've always looked on the SRT-4 as my American-made brother in arms. :thumbs:

S13, you just had a fine brother stand up for you and you have done the right thing. That is, if you enjoy cigars because there is no finer place to share and learn.
Brian
Brian,

I'm stepping up to bat as much for guys in S13's position as for S13 himself. A man's gotta follow his conscience.

Wilkey

I guees I don't get it and never will. I'm not to worried about it honestly. I have more important things to worry about like having a 150mm rocket come through the roof of my trailer while I'm sleeping.
I got a PM from someone actually looking to help me out rather than just boost his post count.

Wilkey, thanks for the advice, it has been heeded. I got the information I was looking for from an awesome guy who took the time to point me in the right direction rather than ridicule. Which was what this whole thread was about to begin with.... Also, I hate you for having AWD, 320hp on FWD sucks!

Later guys, I'm done with this thread.

I guees I don't get it and never will. I'm not to worried about it honestly. I have more important things to worry about like having a 150mm rocket come through the roof of my trailer while I'm sleeping.
I got a PM from someone actually looking to help me out rather than just boost his post count.

Wilkey, thanks for the advice, it has been heeded. I got the information I was looking for from an awesome guy who took the time to point me in the right direction rather than ridicule. Which was what this whole thread was about to begin with.... Also, I hate you for having AWD, 320hp on FWD sucks!

Later guys, I'm done with this thread.
Nobody was ridiculing you Johnnie. If you had read some of the threads on here you would not have posted what you did. Your sarcasm got the reply you asked for. ;)

However, I agree with you, there are much more important things to worry about. Be safe, your family and friends need you.

Brian