• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Man O' War

OzPod

I heard great things about this smoke, got one through someone, and decided today that it was time to smoke it.

Not once did this cigar burn even, taste was kinda bland, and about at the half way point, it left a bad aftertaste. Tunneled once, and was plugged near the beginning. I let it burn out with about 1/4 remaining and left it to die a miserable death.

Thankfully I had a backup Olivia G maduro sitting with me as well in case of emergency, so I quickly saved my taste buds. Oh well.

So basically even if you see a good deal on it, and hear good word of mouth, avoid when necessary.

Are Man O' War really that bad all the time. Everything I have heard on them has been negative.

I heard great things about this smoke, got one through someone, and decided today that it was time to smoke it.

Not once did this cigar burn even, taste was kinda bland, and about at the half way point, it left a bad aftertaste. Tunneled once, and was plugged near the beginning. I let it burn out with about 1/4 remaining and left it to die a miserable death.

Thankfully I had a backup Olivia G maduro sitting with me as well in case of emergency, so I quickly saved my taste buds. Oh well.

So basically even if you see a good deal on it, and hear good word of mouth, avoid when necessary.

I frikkin love that Maduro BTW. Nice.

Are Man O' War really that bad all the time. Everything I have heard on them has been negative.

It's kinda weird reading these bad reviews. I sorta want to go out and try one now, lol

Ill do so and post back.

The biggest mistake CI made in marketing these was to even mention the word Opus within earshot of one of these yardgars. If they'd have refrained from doing that and lowered the price point the general consensus may be different. I'd smoke one of these while working in the yard if was $1.50 or $2.00 stick. But considering that these are more expensive than say Padron 2000's, and one of these couldn't hold a 2000's jockstrap on it's best day(imo), there's no way these would have a place in my lineup.

With that said, don't ever let anyone decide if a stick is good to you or not. You gotta try it for yourself to see. There are a few here who actually care for these. But I ain't one of 'em!

Damned shame an inferior cigar was named after a superior horse.

Doc.

The biggest mistake CI made in marketing these was to even mention the word Opus within earshot of one of these yardgars. If they'd have refrained from doing that and lowered the price point the general consensus may be different. I'd smoke one of these while working in the yard if was $1.50 or $2.00 stick. But considering that these are more expensive than say Padron 2000's, and one of these couldn't hold a 2000's jockstrap on it's best day(imo), there's no way these would have a place in my lineup.

With that said, don't ever let anyone decide if a stick is good to you or not. You gotta try it for yourself to see. There are a few here who actually care for these. But I ain't one of 'em!

I agree. The one I had recently wasn't awful, it just didn't live up to the hype or price. Taste as always is subjective though-- one of my friends here got a box of the Double Coronas. After smoking one he told me that he really enjoyed it. To each his own I suppose.

I smoked all five sizes in the initial CI offering...20 sticks for 60 bucks. All I can say is "Thank God we didn't pay regular price."...and I did a split with Mad Monk Dan so my loses were reduced a bit. :laugh:

Add this cigar to the sea of over-hyped, over priced, one dimensional cigars being offered now-a-days. It's worth about $2 a stick at best. They look nice, but taste so-so.

I find they go well when over indulging in a very strong alcoholic beverage :rolleyes:

Ive had one of these sitting in my humidor for a month or two now. I really have not had the desire to light it up and this review does not help. Maybe this fall when I am doing some end of the year yard work.