• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Phil Certified letter poll

What will happen to the certified letter I sent Phil?

• The letter will be returned; Phil moved and/or died

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The letter will be returned; Phil/family members will not sign for it

• The letter will be accepted, but Phil will not contact me or send the items I'm owed

• The letter will be accepted, but Phil will contact me saying he doesn't have the items anymore

• The letter will be accepted, and Phil will make good, sending the goods

• Total voters
thejollyco said:
so... a box of sancho panza non plus, and 15 siglo iii's....?
i could probably calculate it to the dollar amount... but lazy... you know.
Instead you're gonna make me do the work eh? :) Anyway the point is he owes you a couple hunge. Sorry to hear you're caught up in this as well.

I would have to believe Phil realizes at this point his rep has been tarnished beyond repair. There was probably a reason for this happening in the first place, one lacking integrity at that. With that said, I'm sure he's wiped his hands clean of this regardless of the fact that they are stained. I can't imagine he sees any reason to reply or make good on this transaction. All this over some stupid ass hardware! Atleast he didn't have the foresight to screw you outta the 100 cigars as well.

I realize based on past reputation these situations are hard for alot of BOTL's to swallow. Many people are waiting for the return of Phil and a miracle explanation of what went wrong. Unfortunantely this is the internet, so don't hold your breath fellas....save it for a good cigar. :(

Seriously guys...lets take a drive over to his house and have a Phil herf on his lawn...coupla kegs...a boom box.

This could be a gas! :D

barney

Andrew...

Assume the position on this one.

If he was that hard up for money, he probably sold your parts on ebay or something.

Best therapy is to crack open a Genny Light Pounder and watch the Bills get creamed this weekend. ;)

TheBeast said:
I would have to believe Phil realizes at this point his rep has been tarnished beyond repair. There was probably a reason for this happening in the first place, one lacking integrity at that. With that said, I'm sure he's wiped his hands clean of this regardless of the fact that they are stained. I can't imagine he sees any reason to reply or make good on this transaction. All this over some stupid ass hardware! Atleast he didn't have the foresight to screw you outta the 100 cigars as well.
Thankfully, he never had a chance to do that -- I kept possession of the cigars at all times. It seems that I'm actually lucky the humidor was damaged at this point, because knowing what I know now, it's very likely he would have kept the humidor (maybe sold it), and not paid me for it, had UPS not damaged it.

Tracking update:

Current Status

You entered 7004 1160 0007 1584 2196

Your item was accepted at 4:13 pm on September 28, 2004 in ROCHESTER, NY 14618. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later

Nothing exciting; based on first class mail timings, I'm guessing it should make landfall on Friday or Saturday. I'm hoping for a week-day, when Phil likely won't be home.

other1 said:
moki said:
I'm hoping for a week-day, when Phil likely won't be home.
Why?
So that his wife, or other family member, will sign for the letter. He'll certainly know who it is from, and may refuse it in that case.

moki said:
I'm not mad; I'm sure there is some extenuating circumstance -- but I don't see why he can't just return the damn things.
Maybe get a little crazy then.......we can keep him alive for a very long time with minimal scarring.

whupwhup said:
Andrew...

Assume the position on this one.

If he was that hard up for money, he probably sold your parts on ebay or something.

Best therapy is to crack open a Genny Light Pounder and watch the Bills get creamed this weekend. ;)
Hey Man,

Leave the Bills and Genny Beer out of it!

Moki i hope it all works out for you.

After all this time we know how it going to end. :angry:

Estimated time of arrival for this certified letter??? ??? ??? Perhaps I missed the date on the receipt or something.

SFG75 said:
Estimated time of arrival for this certified letter??? ??? ??? Perhaps I missed the date on the receipt or something.
It should arrive tomorrow or Saturday. You can check it at http://www.usps.com/ by entering the number in the tracking field: 7004 1160 0007 1584 2196

If I'm not mistaken, they will attempt to deliver the certified letter 3 times before returning to sender.

If any interested parties are internet challenged and have not discovered Phil's Home phone # yet, or his wife's name...

btw:
I would normally not offer such info on anyone but this goes far beyond acceptable. I had faith in Phil (holding true to my record as a judge of character :( ) and tried calling him several times to no avail. Even if a guy can't repay or return what is owed, he could still pick up the phone or shoot off a letter or e:Mail to say such. Leaving guys up in the air ... sheesh ???

Yeah, I know Phishy, that is a bit dirty....normally, but this is certainly an abnormal situation. ;)