• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Real Face of Terror

CigarAl

[SIZE=10pt]Hi All-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I hope everyone on the board is well, I know I have not posted in awhile, but do check in regularly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I know by now everyone has probably seen the new Rolling Stone cover and aware of the controversy surrounding it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]While not looking to debate the issue here, the following article and pictures were released yesterday to show what really happened following the Boston Marathon bombings and the manhunt to capture Tsarnaev:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/07/18/tsarnaev/[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]From Sgt. Sean Murphy, a tactical photographer with the Massachusetts State Police who took the pictures:

“Photography is very simple, it’s very basic. It brings us back to the cave. An image like this on the cover of Rolling Stone, we see it instantly as being wrong. What Rolling Stone did was wrong. This guy is evil. This is the real Boston bomber. Not someone fluffed and buffed for the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.”
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Murphy wants the world to know that the Tsarnaev in the photos he took that night—defeated and barely alive, with the red dots of sniper rifles lighting up his forehead—is the real face of terrorism, not the handsome, confident young man shown on the magazine cover.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]More pictures will follow in a Septmember article.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]For his efforts, Sgt. Murphy has been released of his duties for the time being http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/07/18/massachusetts-state-police-sgt-sean-murphy-relieved-of-duty/[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]While I understand why the Mass State Police did what they did, I hope he is reinstated soon and cant help but think we need more people like Sgt Murphy in this world......[/SIZE]

Hi Al, nice to hear from you.
The shame is Rolling Stone and all the other magazines are in the business to make money by selling whatever rag they're selling, period. I personally don't see anything wrong with the photo. I know the guys a scumbag and anybody with any common sense knows what he is. Murphy broke the rules when he provided the photos but a reprimand would be more appropriate than getting fired.

IMHO....

Some people are just broken, there is no understanding them.